Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Wow! That’s so awesome @RGbrown ! I just picked three bundles, because I don’t want to get too crazy (I have so much in mind for BF it’s scary 😅), but there are so many gorgeous options that it easy to end up with twice as much. I had a thought time just sticking to three and it was so hard to decide! 😓

That secret gift is such a beautiful surprise (and if it is the one you found in Philippines, it is stunning) 

@Saradestin  Oh, thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely have to check it out! I was planning on waiting until Black Friday, but all these sales are really tempting me - I'll probably buy just a few things now and more on BF 😃

That’s what I have done @Shosh85 , I just got three bundles to get their $45 offer. I am saving myself for BF but just in case they don’t go over 50% or 60%, I get some now 😁 I have to review my wish list because I have several polishes here that were in my list or were very similar. 

For this mani,

• Londontown Lakur Star Moss:  A lovely loden green.  Easy, creamy, pigmented, and opaque in one coat.  The color of green I love to wear.
  • Londontown Lakur Cactus Coral:  A gorgeous medium light terracotta.  Easy, creamy, pigmented, and opaque in one coat.  I love this neutral shade.
  • Stamping Polish:  Maniology Caladium--A light sage green.  Easy to use.  Looks great on Star Moss; is a little too light on Cactus Coral.
  • Maniology Smudge-Free Top Coat:  On nails with stamps.  No smudging; dried quickly.  I didn't think to use my regular quick-dry top coat on one of the stamps for a one-on-one comparison.   I'll do that next time.

Indoors by patio door (overcast).

20221112_110342.jpg

20221112_110349.jpg

20221112_110625.jpg

@Titian06  I love this set. The details are perfect!

Thanks, @ather ! 💖💖💖

Great job on the stamping @Titian06. The sage green over the loden green looks amazing! 😍 Are you having fun with stamping?

Thanks, @itsfi !  I really like nail stamping.  It will be even more fun once I have a better inventory of plates and stamping polishes. 😄

They look great @Titian06   I really like your stamping😀

Thanks, @Cissy63 ! 😘

Yay! That’s so awesome @Titian06 ! 😃😃😃👏👏👏 Those cute little paws are adorable! 😍 I am planning on getting the smudge free top coat because I don’t have the talent to apply regular top coat without ruining anything. Just hoping there is a good BF sale 😄

Thanks, @Saradestin !  The smudge-free top coat was easy to use; no learning curve at all.  What's Up Beauty has a sale, buy 2 polishes, get 1 free.  I'm waiting for something better...I've spent way too much over the past few weeks! 🤑

Me too @Titian06 , and I have already fallen for this Zoya sale! 😅😅😅

@Titian06 

Gorgeous! Love your sage and terracotta mix and I'm thrilled to see your stamping!! 💚🧡

Smudging with a regular qdtc is pretty common; it's avoidable (mostly-ish) with the right technique, but takes a little practice with learning the "floating" method of application. Basically you get a bigger bead of tc on your brush than you would normally need, and make sure the bristles don't touch your stamping/art; you've basically got one shot at getting it right, as trying to go over any bubbles or errors will likely result in a smear. It's how I do it, I don't generally have the patience for yet another layer with a smudge-free tc, but I'm not perfect with it and wind up with a little oopsie on at least one nail most every time 😋

Some qdtcs are seemingly impossible to use though, even with floating. MT Need For Speed was awful, I absolutely couldn't use it over any sort of art, as it smudged everything on contact. Pretty sure I could have just poured some straight from the bottle onto my nail and still wound up with streaks 😅😣

Using a smudge-free tc is way easier though, less likely to cause frustration and pretty foolproof, so lots of folks go that route! But yup, like shosh said, you'll generally want to go back and top it off with your regular qdtc, as smudge free doesn't wear as well on its own. 

Thanks, @RGbrown !  I had no idea!  I thought the smudge-free replaced the top coat I normally used. 🤨  

@Titian06  Beautiful! You did such a great job!
From what I've read/watched you are supposed to use a regular top coat over the smudge-free top coat to prevent chipping and to help it last longer. The smudge-free top coat is just a protective layer to put over stamps so you are able to put a regular top coat on it without it smudging. I've actually tried to use a regular top coat without the smudge-free coat and I definitely did get some smudging!

Thanks for the info, @Shosh85 !  I didn't know that.  I'll put my other top coat on after I finish the laundry. 😄

Today I used my last magnetic polish from the last LynB Designs sale, Best Buds, perfectly described as deep burgundy magenta base with violet to blue to green magnetic multichrome flakies and added holo flakies.

This is such a gorgeous polish! It is the most beautiful of the three magnetic polishes I got for sure. In the shade you can see the intense shift from the magnetic flakies, but in the sun, (where in some angles you lose that shift) the multichrome and holo flakies come to play for a glittery festival. So sad that the camera, once again, can’t capture it.

And sorry, once again, that I bombard you with so many pictures, but these polishes have so many different faces! 

Look at the last picture: isn’t one of the most spectacular polish you have ever seen? 😵😵😵😵 

Outdoor direct sunOutdoor direct sunOutdoor direct sunOutdoor direct sunIndoor direct sunIndoor direct sunIndoor direct sunIndoor direct sunIndoor direct sun (but different angle)Indoor direct sun (but different angle)Indoor direct sun (but different angle)Indoor direct sun (but different angle)Indoor shadeIndoor shadeAnd my FAVORITE: indoor with side iPad lightAnd my FAVORITE: indoor with side iPad light

@Saradestin  wow! These are so pretty. I love all the shifts!

Thank you so much @ather ! I am quite amazed at how beautiful this polish is. It changes constantly! 😍

@Saradestin  This is an awesome polish, wow.  And you did a wonderful job 🌺

1 Reply
testing