Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi  So fun! Love the shade you made with the Biba palette!
The ombré nails looks great! I've been wanting to try either ombré or gradient, but I'm still working up the courage (and patience 😉)

@Shosh85, thank you! I understand what you mean about courage and patience with ombre/gradient nails. I haven't done that many but it's become easier over time, both with patience and just diving in. I still feel more comfortable with a "practice run" like this one but I'm less intimidated by it than I was the first couple of times. You can always start off with just doing an ombre on one nail or two nails - make them accent nails. You can do it! 

I took notes and pics the second time I tried an ombre/gradient so I could have something quick to refer to as a reminder of what step comes next. Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0 - Page 320 - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com) I'm still working on doing an ombre/gradient with shades from different color families but that's a (slow) work in progress. 😂

@itsfi  Oooh, that blue sparkly ombré is sooo pretty! 

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm thinking of doing a blue-purple-pink gradient eventually, but I think I'll watch more on YT until I'm a little more comfortable 😉

Ohhh, a blue-purple-pink gradient would be gorgeous @Shosh85! Completely understand wanting to get comfortable with it. There's a lot of YT videos out there which make for good resources; find one that works for you and just keep watching it until you get comfortable. What did we do before YT videos?

Those browns look gorgeous @itsfi! I like them all! And the ombré nails look very beautiful as well! I am still too intimidated by ombré nails so I need to gain more confidence to try (well, and to purchase some cheap sponges 😁) But it is very tempting. Looking forward to your next attempts! 😃

@Saradestin, you did an awesome job with your sand 'n surf ombre nails - those were amazing! 😍 Yeah, those sponges sure come in handy for ombre nails. I watched a couple of YT videos with other ways to do ombre nails, including a few that didn't use a sponge - yeah, no. I'm gonna need those sponges; those are the easiest way for me to get that ombre nail look.

That’s true @itsfi , I did a some sort of ombré nail with the forgiving PixieDusts using just the nail polish brush (with as little polish as possible and building up) The gritty texture helped to hide the defects 😁

That's awesome you can do an ombre nail look with a brush @Saradestin. I'm jelly. Mine just look out of sorts when I use something other than a sponge. 

@itsfi - Your brown mani is wonderful 😍 and your new DIY polish is lovely! 🥰  Your ombre mani looks great with the pale pink vs. white base.

@Titian06, thank you. Knowing I can repurpose eyeshadow shades I don't or can't wear into nail polish has been a game changer for me. I'm still aiming to be good on my palette purchases, but having a useful way to repurpose eyeshadows may change the way I analyze the "do I get the palette?" or "do I not get the palette?" conundrum. 😆

Zoya is having a sale of their Trio Bundles: any 3 for $45 instead of $108, which is around 60% off. You need to use code 3GA

Each bundle includes the three full size polishes plus three Z-Wide brushes, so it is a pretty good deal.

There are more options than the ones in the picture I enclosed, if you want to check them out.

I was planning on getting some cream polishes on BF, but just in case they don’t have a 70% off, I think I am going to take advantage of this sale and then just pick a few colors (if any) on BF. They have very beautiful and tempting ones!

Are you planing on taking advantage of this sale or wait to BF?

78AA0CB6-11C0-4C3B-8ED8-F9AE979FE794.jpeg

All the trios Zoya bundled together look great @Saradestin😍 It'll be fun to see what y'all pick up. 

Aren’t they beautiful @itsfi? I got Luxury Estate, Neutral Kisses and Harvest Blend. I really struggled to decide between Neutral Kisses and Sweater Cozy. They should have done a 4 bundle sale, not 3 😅

Thanks for posting, @Saradestin !  This is definitely a sale to look into! 😁

There are so many pretty bundles @Titian06 ! I already placed my order. I have very little creams in my collection and wanted to add a few more (specially having my stamping future experiences in mind 😄)

@Saradestin 

Ahhhhhhhh, thanks! Came to post, saw I was too slow lol 😂

I will add something though!!

As I loaded a cart, I also noticed a "Secret Gift - Jewels" GWP. After playing with various totals, it seems to appear automatically with $72+ purchase...the item number ZPQUAD0R2021B makes it sound like a polish quad, hmmmm 🤔

zoya gwp.png

Google didn't give me a ton of results for that item number, but a Philippines site tells me it miiiiiight be this quad...

Spoiler
I have all these colors, but the lure of having them in minis is real! 😂

zoya gwp quad.png

My own thoughts on Zoya and holiday sales...they are very erratic. I feel like BF is usually meh, nothing super noteworthy. CM, maybe a better offer, perhaps. In the past, Boxing Day has given us 70% once or twice, but that's not reliable either. Most of their best deals seem to happen fairly randomly and without any sort of notice or schedule. There's always hope of a better deal "one of these days", but goodness know we'll never know exactly when lol. 

This is a nice offer! $5 for a polish and wide brush is tempting...I can't really assemble a cart of no dupes without going all nude though lol 😂 

(I also tried the newest trios, just to see if maybe Zoya goofed and included them, but no dice, sadly 😅 )

And yes @RGbrown , I agree with you. Zoya’s sales are very random and that’s exactly why I didn’t want to wait for the BF sale, because it may be worse than this one (and because I liked all bundles they offered and I don’t have any of the polishes) If they have a 70% sale I will be picking some more creams, but if it less than that I will just wait for those random great sales. 

I also tried other three polish bundles and it didn’t work 😜 but you never know, sometimes they make mistakes! 

Wow! That’s so awesome @RGbrown ! I just picked three bundles, because I don’t want to get too crazy (I have so much in mind for BF it’s scary 😅), but there are so many gorgeous options that it easy to end up with twice as much. I had a thought time just sticking to three and it was so hard to decide! 😓

That secret gift is such a beautiful surprise (and if it is the one you found in Philippines, it is stunning) 

@Saradestin  Oh, thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely have to check it out! I was planning on waiting until Black Friday, but all these sales are really tempting me - I'll probably buy just a few things now and more on BF 😃

That’s what I have done @Shosh85 , I just got three bundles to get their $45 offer. I am saving myself for BF but just in case they don’t go over 50% or 60%, I get some now 😁 I have to review my wish list because I have several polishes here that were in my list or were very similar. 

For this mani,

• Londontown Lakur Star Moss:  A lovely loden green.  Easy, creamy, pigmented, and opaque in one coat.  The color of green I love to wear.
  • Londontown Lakur Cactus Coral:  A gorgeous medium light terracotta.  Easy, creamy, pigmented, and opaque in one coat.  I love this neutral shade.
  • Stamping Polish:  Maniology Caladium--A light sage green.  Easy to use.  Looks great on Star Moss; is a little too light on Cactus Coral.
  • Maniology Smudge-Free Top Coat:  On nails with stamps.  No smudging; dried quickly.  I didn't think to use my regular quick-dry top coat on one of the stamps for a one-on-one comparison.   I'll do that next time.

Indoors by patio door (overcast).

20221112_110342.jpg

20221112_110349.jpg

20221112_110625.jpg

13 Replies
testing