Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Just a simple two color mani this time 💜💙

Orly Metamorphosis: dusty steel blue teal. The official description says copper shimmer, but I think it's a bit more complex than that with a hint of a shift to it...in various lights, it can look pink or gold as well. The first place I ordered this one from cancelled it on me, so I scrambled to find it elsewhere, and it was worth the effort. Absolutely lovely color! Easy two coater as well.

Glisten & Glow Witches & Warlocks: vivid royal purple with deep gold/bronze shimmer. Matte finish that looks lovely as-is, but I generally prefer glossy finishes so of course I shined it up 😋 This was a little thick at first, but thinner took care of that. Even after thinner, this could have easily been a one coater, but I always do two. Relatively easy for a matte finish, I didn't have too much trouble getting it down smoothly. 

IMG_20221104_111228242_HDR.jpg

Full sun, and whoops, didn't even notice I'd messed up my thumb a little until seeing the pics 😅

IMG_20221104_110950232.jpg

Slightly softer sun, filtered through tree branches; I feel like this shot has the best look at the Orly shimmer

IMG_20221103_192011074.jpg

Before topcoat and clean up, just showing off the matte look of G&G

@RGbrown  Purple and greens 💜💚 I love the matte! 

@ather 

Thanks so much! 💜

@RGbrown  Great color combo! Metamorphosis looks more interesting in your photos than I expected, based on Orly's photos and description. Glad you were able to hunt it down. 

@WinglessOne 

Thanks so much! It's definitely a unique shade, and worth the panic-induced order from HBBB to get it! 😅

@RGbrown  Gorgeous shades! Love the shiftiness of the Orly shade! I totally thought it was green too!

@Shosh85 

Thanks so much!

I feel like I'm going colorblind or something (or maybe it's just that this polish looks drastically different on my nails than it does in the bottle)...in my last pic, behind my middle finger, that's the bottle. Blue to you there, or still green? That's the color I see in my head, so while I see it's a bit different between the bottle and my nails, blue is still where my mind goes first, but y'all saying green has me seeing it on my hands in a whole new light. I might be losing my mind lololol 🤣@Titian06 too, since you called out green first, and/or anyone else with an opinion on the matter!)

@RGbrown @Shosh85 - It looks teal in the bottle and green on your nails.  I looked it up on Orly's website and it's the same:  teal in the bottle and green on the model's nails.  It's also green in the "puddle" pictures too.  BTW, it shows how much I paid attention to your written description! 😄  I didn't even remember you calling it blue when I wrote my post.

@RGbrown  Hmmm, interesting. The color of the nail polish bottle does look a little different than your nails - I can see the blue more in the bottle, but still looks more blue/green to me. In the first picture I can also see more of the blue coming out, but it still looks more green to me. 🤷‍♀️

@RGbrown the Orly color is interesting!  It's...gorgeous grunge?

@CookieGirl1 

Yup, I'd say that fits pretty well! It's pretty spectacular, IMHO, subtle with flair 💖

Those shades are very beautiful and look amazing together @RGbrown ! You have gorgeous polishes! 😍

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! 

A complete lack of self control is all it takes to build a ridiculous hoard like this 😂

Both of these colors are gorgeous, @RGbrown !  I love purple and green together! 💜💚💜💚

@Titian06 

That Orly shade has been blue blue blue to me in my head ever since I first saw it, but now that you call it green, green is all I can see 😂 💚💙💜

Gorgeous fall feels with these two beauties @RGbrown! I'm with you on preferring a shiny finish but the matte on this one is nice.

P.S. Love the peek at the other polishes in the background. So many pretties!

@itsfi 

Ha, I meant to crop that last pic like I normally do, but forgot, whoops. It's just a little preview of some other polishes I've got lined up to use soon 👀👀

Loving the preview @RGbrown! There are some pretty polishes in that group.

Just in case you are interested, Mooncat is having a sale starting tomorrow November 4 to the 13 at Mooncat dot com. You need to use the code LUNAR20. It excludes gift cards and Hocus Pocus 2 collection items.

I have not tried this brand (mainly because it is quite expensive) but I am curious about their polishes and I will be buying a few to test them out. They seem to have just two sales a year, so if you wanted to try this brand, this may be the time! 

E4517C07-08DB-4045-BBA6-BAB307B2B38A.jpeg

Thanks for sharing, @Saradestin ! 💖💖💖

You are welcome @Titian06 ! My order is being processed 😁

testing