Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@WinglessOne  Sorry this didn't go as planned, but they turned out beautiful! Thermal and magnetic polishes are on my list to try soon! 

Thanks @Shosh85 ! Thermals are lots of fun, even if they're potentially short-lived: the average lifespan is 6-12 months (afterward they lose their color-changing ability), and they have to be stored away from sunlight and heat. So when buying a thermal, make sure you love each of its thermal shift states because someday it'll be stuck in one of those states forever. 

EDIT: d'oh, I meant 6-12 months. You should get at least half a year of color shifting fun out of a thermal, possibly a full year, and heck, maybe longer than that depending on how/where you store the bottle. 

If you get one and/or a magnetic polish, I'll be interested to see how you like 'em! 

@WinglessOne  Thanks for the info on thermals! I had no idea! Knowing that will keep from going crazy and buying a bunch 😉

@Shosh85  Ha, I said that too. At first. 🤣 

Also, I just edited my post with 6-12 month lifespan info, not just 6 months. Still short lived, but some polishes might keep color-shifting somewhat after a year. 

I'm sorry you had such a frustrating experience,  @WinglessOne ! 😔  However, the resulting mani is lovely.  You can't go wrong with purple and green! 💜💚💜💚

Thanks so much, @Titian06 @Saradestin @RGbrown @itsfi ! Someone asked why I was so aggravated over that dang Eyegazer and look man, you just don't understand... I had a creative vision, dang it! 🤣 But Eivor definitely made me happy again. 

@WinglessOne 

Ugh, yuck, so sorry that Eyegazer was such a massive pain, but your resulting mani is fabulous! 😍 Eivor is gorgeous, I love all of your layering combos, and purple and green is such an excellent combo 💚💜

I am sorry you had such a disappointing experience with Eyegazer @WinglessOne . But the many you ended up with looks very beautiful. I love Eivor so much. And I have liked Clover and Over since the first time I saw it. Gorgeous mani! 

@WinglessOne,  ack, sorry to hear about your Halloween mani plans not going the way you wanted them to. It lead to these greens and purples and they are gorgeous!! 😍 I love the sandwich you made with I Only Gamble With My Life and Kelly Jelly. I actually like the look of them paired together more than as separate polish shades, though they are pretty worn that way as well. 

It is time to start getting your Black Friday lists ready! 🛍🛒🏷

PPU has put up their annual indie sales page; there's not a lot on it yet, but it'll get much bigger as we move through November!

polishpickup dot com/pages/indie-black-friday-sales

Screenshot_20221102-152328.png

Oh no! Here they are! And from now on it will be a constant drop of sale after sale @RGbrown ! 😅

@Saradestin not mad about it!

I’m not mad @CookieGirl1 , but my wallet is 😅💸💸💸💸

@Saradestin I feel this...

Hey, all!  The What's Up 30% off stamping supplies that @RGbrown posted a few pages back had an end date of Tue, 2 Nov.  It is still on today, Wed, 2 Nov.  I placed my order this morning and got the sales price.  The banner is also running at the top of the screen.

Thank you so much for the heads up @Titian06! I placed my order already and it is being processed. So anxious to receive them and experiment! 

I'm sure you'll do fine!  It wasn't as difficult as I had envisioned.  I recommend trying it on a mani your planning to remove.  That way you don't make a mess on freshly polished nails.  I also recommend working on top of a paper towel to catch any mess and to have something handy in case you need it.

Yes @Titian06 ! I will be doing a lot of testing before going for a serious stamp experience. I am sure I will have some good ones that will make me feel regret not doing them on fresh painted nails 😅

@Titian06 @Saradestin 

Another great way to practice is on a silicone mat (I've got a cheap one that's actually intended to be a baking sheet liner, but I never really cared for it in that function, so I repurposed it to my nail mat. Nail mats are overpriced IMHO, but there are alternatives!) or scrap plastic. I've got a few plastic lids I've saved from sour cream tubs and the like, and I use them as palettes when I want to see how well a polish will stamp, or make marble decals, or need a few drops of polish for whatever art I'm doing. Once fully dry, thicker bits of polish will peel right up, and acetone will take care of the rest whenever I'm ready to clean them off and have a blank slate again.

IMG_20221102_153220980_HDR.jpg

That stupid spiderweb stamp never came out cleanly, so I knew to skip using it!

Great tips @RGbrown ! Thank you so much! All suggestions, ideas and alternatives are always welcome! 😃

Great idea, @RGbrown !  I'm all for hacks!  I saw the price on the mat Maniology sells and said, "nope, nope, nope!"  Hence the paper towel. 😄

testing