Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown  Omg these turned out so good. I love that you shared the process! These are the best! 

@ather 

Thanks so much! Always happy to share deets on anything I do!

@RGbrown  Oh wow, these turned out amazing! I love it!

I've really enjoyed watching Kelli Marissa - she's who got me turned on to gradients and stamping. In one of her videos she did a gradient stamp technique I really want to try.

@Shosh85 

Thanks so much! And ooohhh, gradient stamping, yes, I keep meaning to try that too; it looks cool!

@RGbrown oh my gosh, I LOVE that!!!!  The stamping turned out absolutely fantastic!!!

@CookieGirl1 

Thanks so much! They were a blast to make! 🦇🕸

@RGbrown Wow. This is truly amazing. Great nails. They really feel like Halloween evening nails. So festive and creative. I dont have words!

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! I'm so glad I buy some of these gross shades sometimes...they worked beautifully for this one! 😂 🕸

@RGbrown   Holy cow!!! These are fantastic! How did you have the patience?? The shading is beautiful. 🤩

@Cissy63 

Thanks so much! 

The hardest part was just trying to load the sponge relatively neatly...painting a circle on a sponge with a polish brush is an interesting task to undertake lol. But the sponge handles all of the shading work...all you gotta do is dab it up and down a bit and it blends everything out like magic 🪄 It's easier than it looks!

My jaw is on the floor, @RGbrown !  Amazing!  I'm struggling with one color creams and Pixie Dusts and you're doing sponging techniques and stamping! 🤣

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! 

Grab a sponge and try a basic two or three color horizontal gradient one day...you might be surprised! 🦇

WOOOOOOOOW WOW WOW WOW 😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵 This is absolutely impressive! Your mani is so perfect that it looks fake @RGbrown ! I hope I could get 1/10 of the quality work and creativity you always achieve! This is STUNNING! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

@Saradestin 

Aw shucks, thanks so much! 😊 I wouldn't rate the skill level required much above intermediate though...sponge gradients can benefit from a practice session or two to get the hang of them, but they're not particularly hard to do. Stamping may need a little more practice (and quality supplies), there's definitely a learning curve, but it's easy peasy once you get it down. You could totally do this too! 

Holy artwork!!! omg, this is phenomenal @RGbrown! Your gradient is flippin’ fantastic and yes to that backlit effect!! 😍😍😍 It’s absolutely gorgeous. You never cease to amaze me. I’m completely mesmerized! 

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! I'm really pleased with how this came out, especially since I went into it without any sort of real plan, just "hey, lemme try this new technique and see how it goes", and it all just sorta fell together perfectly 🕷

@RGbrown, Even more impressive that you just went for it! You have such a beautiful talent and skill set for nail art! 

I want to give radial gradient a try - the effect it creates is beautiful. It sounds like the degree of difficulty is higher than with a horizontal or vertical ombré gradient. Will have to find some YT videos to watch on repeat and then practice. That’ll keep me busy. 😆 

@itsfi 

You can do it! The only part that's any harder is loading the sponge; painting circles was a bit more challenging than I anticipated lol. The results were worth it though ❣️

That’s the part that’s giving me some pause @RGbrown - painting the sponge with circles. 🤔 Guess we’re gonna put the old adage “practice makes perfect” to the test here! 😆 

This is my Halloween mani. This is my first time using nail strips. These are from Dashing Diva. I got them last year (or the previous one 🤔) on sale and I finally tried them on. 

They were so difficult to work with. I blame it on the shape of my nails (too narrow, too curved and uneven). The finish was wrinkly on most of the nails so I am not very confident in the longevity, but I don’t really need for them to last longer than a couple of days. My left hand ring nail looks terrible but it is because I needed to patch it because it started breaking.

Overall and if you don’t look closely, it looks pretty cute! 

641A0AA8-9408-41CB-8EAE-5A7947A6D68F.jpeg54AF9552-B166-45F2-88B9-83F768ECFD39.jpeg448EF1EE-5315-4E28-B42B-5A69B8CE0E56.jpegB23D510A-6908-4993-B8FC-03AA61DE613C.jpeg

@Saradestin  How fun! Very Day of the Dead (happy 2nd day of, to all who celebrate). 🖤 I think I've tried nail strips only a couple times, and I had the same issues you encountered, so I feel your frustration. But your nails turned out well! 

1 Reply
testing