Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! โค๏ธ  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! I'm really pleased with how this came out, especially since I went into it without any sort of real plan, just "hey, lemme try this new technique and see how it goes", and it all just sorta fell together perfectly ๐Ÿ•ท

@RGbrown, Even more impressive that you just went for it! You have such a beautiful talent and skill set for nail art! 

I want to give radial gradient a try - the effect it creates is beautiful. It sounds like the degree of difficulty is higher than with a horizontal or vertical ombrรฉ gradient. Will have to find some YT videos to watch on repeat and then practice. Thatโ€™ll keep me busy. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi 

You can do it! The only part that's any harder is loading the sponge; painting circles was a bit more challenging than I anticipated lol. The results were worth it though โฃ๏ธ

Thatโ€™s the part thatโ€™s giving me some pause @RGbrown - painting the sponge with circles. ๐Ÿค” Guess weโ€™re gonna put the old adage โ€œpractice makes perfectโ€ to the test here! ๐Ÿ˜† 

This is my Halloween mani. This is my first time using nail strips. These are from Dashing Diva. I got them last year (or the previous one ๐Ÿค”) on sale and I finally tried them on. 

They were so difficult to work with. I blame it on the shape of my nails (too narrow, too curved and uneven). The finish was wrinkly on most of the nails so I am not very confident in the longevity, but I donโ€™t really need for them to last longer than a couple of days. My left hand ring nail looks terrible but it is because I needed to patch it because it started breaking.

Overall and if you donโ€™t look closely, it looks pretty cute! 

641A0AA8-9408-41CB-8EAE-5A7947A6D68F.jpeg54AF9552-B166-45F2-88B9-83F768ECFD39.jpeg448EF1EE-5315-4E28-B42B-5A69B8CE0E56.jpegB23D510A-6908-4993-B8FC-03AA61DE613C.jpeg

@Saradestin  How fun! Very Day of the Dead (happy 2nd day of, to all who celebrate). ๐Ÿ–ค I think I've tried nail strips only a couple times, and I had the same issues you encountered, so I feel your frustration. But your nails turned out well! 

Thank you so much @WinglessOne ! They are holding up pretty well, even with me doing the dishes and cleaning and so on. So in that regard I am quite happy. As I have other designs, I will try again next year ๐Ÿ˜. In the meantime I will enjoy all the polishes I purchased that I havenโ€™t used yet and the ones I will for sure get during BF sales ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ’ธ

@Saradestin  So fun! They look fantastic!

Thank you @Shosh85 ! I find the red lipped skull and the flower headed skeleton very cute ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Saradestin Beautiful Halloween mani! The colours really stand out on the black base. 

Thank you beautiful @Mellmars1185! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@Saradestin  These look great!!  They have some fun Halloween ๐ŸŽƒ characters!  I have used Diva nail strips before.  Itโ€™s difficult to guess the nail sizes plus filing those tips ๐Ÿคช. But you did a wonderful job!!

Thank you so much @Cissy63 gorgeous! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

These look great, @Saradestin ! ๐Ÿ˜  I love the bright colors on the black background.  They just look fun! ๐Ÿฅณ

They do look fun and cute @Titian06 ! Very โ€œdรญa de los muertosโ€ ๐Ÿ˜

@Saradestin I've only tried nail strips a couple of times and my attempts were wildly unsuccessful ๐Ÿ˜‚.  Yours definitely look waaaay better than mine did!

They are so tricky, arenโ€™t they @CookieGirl1 ! When they were not crooked, they were wrinkly ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

@Saradestin, your Halloween mani is awesome! I love the fun and festive vibe. I tried nail strips a few times and couldnโ€™t get them to look the way they were intended to. Iโ€™m so impressed with your work with these. They look great! ๐Ÿ˜

Thank you @itsfi beautiful! It was challenging and the result good enough, but I canโ€™t stop touching the wrinkles here and there that I couldnโ€™t flatten out ๐Ÿ˜…

@Saradestin 

Ahhhh, these are fantastic! Love love love the mix of skeletons and bright colors, so fun!! ๐Ÿ’€

They are very festive @RGbrown , I love them! ๐Ÿ˜

testing