Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi  Oh my gosh, I love it! So freaking cute! 💚

Thank you @Shosh85! 😊 It was fun to do these  Halloween nail art projects but I think I’ll be doing less drawing and nail designs for the next few mani’s. 💅🏼 I’ll probably be sticking to a topper here or an accent color there, or maybe getting back into nail stamping, but mainly focusing more on working through some of my polishes. Always seem to be working through something it seems. 🤣 

@itsfi 

Ooowee, that's one adorable couple right there! Such a fun Halloween set! 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️

Thank you! There were / are so many great Halloween nail art ideas out there @RGbrown! 🎃 That’s true I’m sure for every season; I just need to spend more time (or do I? 😆) looking and thinking about things for other times of the year. 

@itsfi that turned out great!  So perfect for Halloween 🙂

@CookieGirl1, thank you. 😀 This year’s Halloween mani’s have been a lot of fun to do and have given me ideas for next year’s costume. Hahaha! 

@itsfi Great design for Halloween! 🎃

@Mellmars1185, thank you. It was a busy Halloween season for my nails. 😀

amazing @itsfi !

@makeitup305, thank you! 😃 Lots of fun ideas on the internet for spooky season nail art. I’ll have to keep this year’s list handy for next Halloween.

@itsfi  oh I like your artistic work 😀

Thank you @Cissy63! 😃 It’s been a fun spooky season for my mani’s this year. 💅🏼 

This is too cute, @itsfi ! 💚💚💚  I don't think it would have been as cute on your thumb and index finger.  I like it the way it is. 🙂

Aww, thank you @Titian06! 😃  I probably did my nails a lot more frequently during the Halloween season than I normally would - so many great possibilities for nail art (though that’s true for the entire year). Glad I was able to get this one in this year. 

Another super cute mani @itsfi ! I love it! Fun and bright, what else could you ask for? 💚💚💚

There really are some fun nail designs out there for Halloween @Saradestin! I went down quite the rabbit hole 🕳️ looking online for ideas and inspiration. Happy I was able to do a fun one with this bright green shade. 💚🖤🤍

Just a little post of bits and bobs, odds and ends, random notes

First up, 30% off all stamping stuff at What's Up, no code needed. The email says it ends on Tuesday, Nov 2...but Nov 2 is Wednesday, so maybe shop by tomorrow in case the 2 is the typo 😋

whats up stamp sale halloween 22.png

I almost never write reviews, hate doing it even though I love reading them (well-crafted ones, that is), but I spent a little time a few days ago doing some up for all my ILNP polishes in advance of their BF sale; they give you a few points for each one, so if you plan to shop their sale, and you currently have any of their polishes, go get those points ready! BF is normally 25% off sitewide plus double rewards (and I'm 90% certain rewards are also *worth* double that weekend...I hope I'm not wrong on that as I'm really looking forward to my $21 becoming $42!).

I had another little something I was gonna post, but...I've lost it completely, sigh. I know I had two things to remind or ask, but that was before the WUN sale, so apparently I can only hold two thoughts at once. Maybe I'll remember shortly and update this post? 🙄😅

ETA: oh! Night Owl and brushes! @WinglessOne (and anyone interested)

Night Owl actually sells a replacement paddle brush, but the listing specifically says something like "ha, might be too long, so the bristles will go janky". It looks just like the G&G/KBS brushes in the pic, so I found my G&G brush, and holding it even with the neck as best I can, it does look like it'll be maybe a couple mm too long, leaving the bristles wadded up at the tip and making a mess out of it over time.

@RGbrown  D'oh, I didn't think to check if Night Owl sells paddle brushes. I'm always surprised when any brand (besides Zoya and G&G, and now KBShimmer) sells them for their own polishes. Cirque Colors hasn't started selling replacement brushes, but apparently they've sold some polishes that use 'em. Anyway, bummer that Nigh Owl's own replacement doesn't fit their bottles well. 

I might take advantage of this What's Up sale to buy a magnifying stamper. Maybe that'll help me overcome my stamping frustration. At the very least, it might give me less reason to blame my worsening eyesight. (Few things are more strangely annoying than having excellent color vision but steadily worsening visual acuity; thanks a lot, presbyopia. I can tell you the difference between 2 similar looking shades of font, but don't ask me what they spell out unless I've got reading glasses handy. 🤣 ) Even with readers, I sometimes have trouble placing stampers exactly where I want 'em on my nails for some reason. Anyway, all this rambling is me convincing myself to try a different stamper. 

@WinglessOne 

I hear ya on the vision troubles; even with my readers, I'm always a little off with where the stamp lands, or it's a little crooked. I feel like the domed top on my stampers doesn't help much, I have a hard time lining it up with my nail since I'm looking through a curved image. I'm curious if the magnified stamper helps though! 

I can't even begin to imagine doing this in the early days of stamping when stampers were generally opaque 😱 

If I place an order with Night Owl, I may toss in one brush just to have it for comparison to G&G. I'm super curious if all these brushes at the indie brands all come from the same place 🤔

After seeing your amazing mani, I am tempted to get some stamping tools @RGbrown , but they look quite intimidating to me 😅

@Saradestin 

Stamping is definitely tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, it goes by sooooo quickly. It's worth considering at some point!

Couple options to start, if you decide to go for it:

go.maniology dot com/select-free-starter-kit

I'm ignoring the brand these days for political reasons, but this is a nice intro to stamping with a low price point, and they make quality products; not sure you can go wrong with this being your first stamping set! I think shipping is $8, and they've got 5 different options to pick from. Each set has a plate, stamper, scraper, and mini polish and smudge-free top coat duo. You'll get a bazillion popups on your way to cart with "But Wait! There's More!" offers, but you can ignore those and get away with just the "free" set for the cost of shipping if that's all you want.

Or over at WUN, they've got some of their house brand stamping starter kits for $20 ($14 after the sale), with a plate, stamper, scraper, and one full size polish. I don't use stamping polish, so I can't speak specifically to how WUN's performs, but I'd say it's probably pretty great, as everything else I've tried from their brand is perfectly lovely. I have several of their plates (fairly sure my current mani used one of theirs) and have never had a problem with any of them!  

testing