Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I decided to channel my inner @CookieGirl1 and beg for summer to last just a wee bit longer with a neon mani 💗🧡💛 It didn't work, as I was rudely surprised when I stepped outside last night and found I needed a jacket and slippers, and tonight is going to be even cooler, but I still gotta try to throw my best warm weather vibes out into the universe 🏖

IMG_20220913_124223095_HDR.jpg

Zoya Starla: 

From Zoya's site: "Starla by Zoya can be best described as a vivid nearly-neon purple with strong pink tones accented by silver microglitter."

I get confused by color descriptions sometimes, but I really wonder about this one...I see no purple at all, it's as pink as pink can be, a creamy, candy, neon pink, nowhere close to purple. I might be misguided on the finer points of the color wheel, like the difference between sapphire and cobalt, or magenta and fuchsia, but I'm fairly certain I can at least define broader categories like pink vs purple. Or maybe I dunno what a true "pink" even is lol 🧐 In any case, it's a fun shade, even if it's not what I expected. My camera struggles with neons and toned this one down a bit; IRL it's a touch brighter, more neon. Three coater for mostly opaque, not fussy...I can still see a hint of my nail line if I look closely, but it's not obvious.

Morgan Taylor Orange Crush: another one my camera struggled with, this is a bit brighter IRL. It's not quite fluorescent highlighter bright, but it's close, a great orange for both summer and Halloween. Three coats for mostly opaque, similar to Zoya, also similarly not fussy or streaky, just on the sheer side. 

China Glaze Lemon Ice: my last acquisition from the Dippin Dots collection, and it is phenomenal! Super bright neon yellow loaded with ultra sparkly yellow gold shimmer. Surprisingly, this was an easy two coater for me; not quite on purpose, I had more on the brush than I should have for the first coat but it went down easily and I just rolled with it instead of trying to clean some back off. This one has a matte formula, so a thin coat might have been fussy anyways 😋 This one looks pretty true to life in the pic, not sure there's much difference between it here and IRL.

It's rare for me to do a mani without obvious sparkle, so of course I had to add a little Butter London Tickety Boo on the tips, a mix of tiny holo and slightly larger silver glitter in a clear base. 

IMG_20220912_212418445.jpg

They all glow under UV light too. Not that I ever get to see that in my daily life, but it's still fun to check 😅

Gorgeous neon mani and so fun that they all glow under UV light @RGbrown ! They are true neons! ❤️

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! Brights shades are so much fun 😎

@RGbrown, I love all these colors, but I, too, am just slightly perplexed at how Zoya arrived at Starla being nearly purple. I mean, compared to a white polish or a green polish, it might be closer to purple buuuut that seems like a big stretch, even for me. 🤣🤣🤣 In any event, you are right, it is a fun shade! I love it (and all the other colors really) topped with Butter London Tickety Boo. The sprinkling of sparkle at the tips is gorgeous! 😍 

Isn't CG Lemon Ice amazing?!! I'm contemplating picking up a full size. I haven't gone through the mini ... yet, but it is such a beautiful shimmery, neon yellow. 💛 Pretty sure it'll be a question of when, not if. Ha! 

MT Orange Crush makes me think of the soft drink I haven't had in decades. I don't know if there was a soda collection from MT, but the name alone is makine me nostalgic and along with the bright cheery shade is bringing a smile to my eyes and face. I may need to pick this one up. Errr... edited to add: it's en route. 😆 And I now have a new "to do" for this and next week -  "work on your tone and facial expression for "how did this get in here?" when the package arrives." 😲😇

@itsfi 

It's puzzling, that's for sure 😂 Lemon Ice is great! I'm glad I picked it up instead of passing it by after it was cancelled from my first order 💛 And yay, hope you enjoy Orange Crush (even if you have no idea why it's in the box when you definitely don't remember ordering it 😋😂)

Hahaha @RGbrown! Exactly! Orange Crush will be one of those items where I lucked out by having it suddenly show up. 😆

@RGbrown gorgeous colors and I love seeing it under blacklight!  I wish that more polishes were truly glow-in-the-dark so that you COULD see them in everyday life.

@CookieGirl1 

Yes, glow in the dark would be awesome! I've ordered one of the Orly gitd toppers to play with soon

@RGbrown  Some of Zoya's descriptions seem off. Like, way off. 😄 Their product photos of Starla look classic magenta to me. (Magenta's warmer and leans much closer to red than fuchsia, which leans much closer to blue.) Zoya even categorizes Starla in the pink color family. So I don't know why they describe it as "purple" anything. 🤦‍♀️ The only times I've seen Starla look fuchsia or otherwise close to purple were when it was applied over a cool toned base color. 

Regardless, it's stunning! And I'm surprised to hear Lemon Ice performs so well. I kept passing that one up for performance worries, but now I might hunt it down. It looks fantastic in your photo.

@WinglessOne 

Someone at Zoya must have been smoking the good stuff before writing product descriptions that day 😂

Lemon Ice was surprisingly easy. Might have been a glitch, but I'd say it's worth tossing into a cart at some point 💛

@RGbrown  Maybe I’m colour blind because I’m not seeing purple in Starla. I do pick up as they stated a strong pink 😝. Lemon ice is beautiful!!! 

@ather 

It's definitely not purple, not sure where they came up with that 🤔😅 Thanks so much!! 

@RGbrown  Oh good. It’s not just me 🤪

Love these colors, @RGbrown , especially Lemon Ice and Orange Crush! 💖🧡💛  That pink is definitely pink and not purple.  Sounds to me like there's an editing error in their description.  They possibly recycled the description from another color, but forgot to edit it. 🤔

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! 💗💛🧡

There's definitely something out of whack at Zoya on that one. Their pic is pretty heavy on the purple too, but most of the swatches I've since looked up are closer to the color I got (though there are a few out there that look more purple too). I'm happy with the color, just a little disappointed it wasn't what I thought it was. 

@RGbrown So bright and fun! 🧡💛💗

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! ☀️

Hey, all!  Here's Zoya Oakley, a matte neon orange.  This is 3 coats and I can still see my nail line.  I love the color 🧡🧡🧡, especially after putting on the top coat and getting rid of the matte! 😂

I took this pic in my office--great lighting!

20220912_132036.jpg

Beautiful shade of orange for a welcome to fall mani @Titian06 ! 🧡🧡🧡

Thanks, @Saradestin !  Especially since it matches all the road construction barrels that have been popping up lately!

@Titian06 🙈😅

testing