Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! โค๏ธ  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@WinglessOne  I agree. I have a friend who only has a few. But I like to do different colours all the time. I usually change mine once a week!! I wonder how much people normally have also! 

@ather @WinglessOne - @itsfi  and @RGbrown were discussing the large increases in their collections this year the other day, and I jokingly said my collection increased from zero to 30 in one month!  I, however, don't consider myself the "normal" person due to this thread! ๐Ÿคฃ  I already have more nail polish now than I did years ago before I stopped and tossed everything.  So eventhough my 30 is a drop in the bucket compared to 100, 300, or 1400, it's still a lot for a normally conservative person like me! ๐Ÿคญ

@Titian06, zero to 30 is a great ramp up! ๐Ÿ˜† And also a good warm up for more to come? Heehee! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@Titian06  I think 30 is doing great! I have been only doing my own nails for 4.5 years now. I use to go get manicures all the time but when we got posted to a small town and I was on Mat leave I thought I should cut some of my expenses!! So I have been building my stash for a while! For the longest time I only had a handful of colours! And I also feel like I go through buying and not buying times. Iโ€™m sure your 30 will multiply!! 

LOL - @ather !  I'm sure it will, but the good thing is it's a lot less expensive than my yarn addiction! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿงถ๐Ÿงถ๐Ÿคญ

@Titian06  Awww I have a friend with a very expensive yarn ๐Ÿงถ addiction as well!!! 

@WinglessOne Spectacular shades. They are all really unique and pretty. You thumb is really catching my eye! 

Thank you @Mellmars1185 ! 

I remember liking your initial swatch of "Flavorite" when you showed it and I REALLY like it on your nails.  That's my kind of color!

Thanks @CookieGirl1 ! Forgot to mention I used KBS's quick dry top coat this time. ๐Ÿ™‚ I haven't had to use much hand sanitizer since finishing this mani, but I will over the weekendโ€”so I'll get to see if this top coat holds up better to hand sanitizers than Glisten & Glow does. 

@WinglessOne I HATE how hard hand sanitizer is on my nails!  I use a ton of it as well and I'm a constant hand-washer so I always feel like I'm lucky to get a few days out of a mani no matter what I'm using ๐Ÿ˜.

I love all of these, @WinglessOne ! ๐Ÿฅฐ  Of course my eyes went straight to My Fla-vor-ite color followed by Meet Me in the Dark.  Hidden Potential in the bottom pics is gorgeous!  Now I can't wait to try the KBShimmer I bought.

Thanks @Titian06 ! I look forward to seeing your KBS! Which shade did you get? 

@WinglessOne - I got Rock the Float.  It's described as a hot pink with color shift in gold and peachy orange in bright light and tangerine, rose, and fuchsia in soft light.

@Titian06  Oooh, thatโ€™s going to look beautiful on you! 

@WinglessOne 

As is to be expected, I focused on the purple first, and was pleased to see it's one I already have, so no need for me to add it to my shopping list ๐Ÿ˜… EdM and Shovelin' both catch my eye next, but really, all of these are gorgeous, and I love how you mix and match colors with your manis, putting together shades I'd never thought about combining. It always works! ๐Ÿ˜

Aw, thank you @RGbrown ! One fun thing about very shifty duo/multichromes is being able to make 'em work with so many other colors. ๐Ÿ˜„ I didn't even have a color story in mind this time; just "yay, let's throw all the newbies on my nails, even the green one!" 

Oh Iโ€™m lovin these colors @WinglessOne! That Icy blue and Grape are saying โ€œcome to mama โ€œ!!  Beautiful ๐Ÿคฉ 

@Cissy63  Those 2 shades compliment each other nicely. ๐Ÿ™‚ Which is kinda funny since, according to KBS, My Fla-vor-ite Color was summer inspired while Everyday I'm Shovelin' was winter inspired. 

@WinglessOne, oh that icy blue polish is gorgeous! I understand your having initial doubts with the color before it arrived - for me, icy blues, whether in the form of polish or clothing can be challenging - is it too blue, not blue enough, too icy, not icy enough. I think KBShimmer Everyday Iโ€™m Shovelinโ€™ hits all the right tones - beautiful color and that holo!

@itsfi  KBS's promo photos of that shade don't do it justice. I mean, they managed to catch a bit of rainbow in a couple photos, but I wasn't prepared for the holo effect in person. The rainbow glitter seems to dance over the blue. There's no way to capture that in photos. ๐Ÿ˜„ Definitely an icy blue I recommend to anyone who normally has trouble with that color. 

1 Reply
testing