Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! Honestly, I just tried to make sure each color got used with all the others in order to make as many different combos as possible, and it worked out well! 🌈

@RGbrown  Aw, bummer about the turquoise jelly being problematic. But I'm glad the orange and yellow (and pink) were smooth sailing for you! This looks like a fun set to play with. Your mani looks fantastic! 

@WinglessOne 

It just gives me hope that Orly's turquoise jelly will be better (purple too!) and that I'll feel a little better spending $64 on that set 😂

I was really surprised by the yellow, I fully expected a hot mess from it. It makes me wonder why yellow creams are so bad...it can't be just the yellow pigment that's the problem. I'd have to guess that many start with a white base, so maybe it's just the white that causes issues? (Or whatever it is that's used to make them opaque.) I dunno, I'm certainly not a polish chemist, it just got me curious. 

WOW!!!

Just … wow! 🤩 🤩 🤩 

This is spectacular @RGbrown!

The pink, purple, burgundy, turquoise and orange are beautiful!! Love the throwback to OPI 2015! 

I’ve wondered about NailWholesale in the past (and I’m sure the present too 😆). Packing and shipping were good, I’m assuming?

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! This was a blast to do, and I'm loving all these brights 😎

Packing and shipping was fine, but communication was lackluster...they told me 4 polishes were oos before my package shipped, but really 5 were, and I didn't know what the 5th was until I got it. I had to scramble to order those elsewhere as several of them were "must haves" for me from current fall collections, and I wound up with three orders at three different places for the little bit of fall stuff I wanted instead of just one order that should have taken care of it.

I'd use them again for back stock of old polishes if I ever come up with enough for free shipping, but I doubt I'll rely on them for new stuff that's on my "gotta have it" list.

Full review here! https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/Show-Me-Your-Nails-2-0/m-p/6288602/highlight/true#M23444

LynB Halloween Advent mystery bundle. I'll post in the hauls thread later but, since a few of you here might be interested, I took a few photos. 🙂 

How the bundle arrived (once bubblewrap was removed).How the bundle arrived (once bubblewrap was removed).Everything in the bundle: 12 polishes + 1 not-a-polish treat.Everything in the bundle: 12 polishes + 1 not-a-polish treat.

Unboxed photos (don't look if you also ordered this bundle and don't wanna be spoiled*): 

Spoiler
hauls-2022-sept-23-lynbHalloween-unboxed.jpeghauls-2022-sept-23-lynbHalloween-bottles-1.jpeg

That fiery sparkly red though!That fiery sparkly red though!
hauls-2022-sept-23-lynbHalloween-bottles-3.jpeg

I'd hoped there'd be lots of purples and reds in this bundle, and LynB did not disappoint. I haven't checked to see if any of these are existing shades, though I think 2 of them are. (I didn't already own them but their names sound familiar.) 

My bundle includes: 

- 1 thermal 
- 2 reflectives 
- 2 magnetics 
- the other 7 look to be flake and shimmer polishes 

And now I'm off to swatch all of these plus a few more Cirque Colors I ordered. 

UPDATE: swatches complete. Here they are: 

Spoiler
Hellfire is a thermal polish.Hellfire is a thermal polish.No-Belle and OWTH are magnetic polishes, though the latter's *very* subtle about it. Also, an unusual color choice for that Disney character. Huh.No-Belle and OWTH are magnetic polishes, though the latter's *very* subtle about it. Also, an unusual color choice for that Disney character. Huh.

*Unfortunately I can't stop newly uploaded photos from appearing in thread thumbnails without first posting them to a different thread. And they'd still show up in thumbnails there. 

Such a gorgeous mystery box @WinglessOne ! I have always been tempted to get mystery sets and boxes but I am afraid I am not going to like half of the shades or products, but this one would have been a 100% win for me! I love them all! 😍😍😍

These look beautiful @WinglessOne!

Thanks @Cissy63 !

@WinglessOne I like how she included a pretty good assortment but a lot of Fall-ish tones.  You'll have so much fun playing with them all!

@CookieGirl1  Right? Jenna's choice of Disney villains for a Halloween theme let her use some colors that aren't the typical Halloween shades but do fit into most people's fall aesthetic, yet can also easily be worn year round. I mean, I'll wear 'em year round anyway because I don't do seasonal colors. I'll pull color stories together for certain holidays and events, and sometimes I'm inspired by natural scenery which I guess is sometimes season related—but that means I might do a winter-inspired mani during the blistering depth of summer. 😂 

@WinglessOne and given that mystery boxes and Advent calendars can be SO hit-or-miss it looks like this one was one that was actually worth it, which is always nice.

@WinglessOne  ooooo this is such a great nail polish haul!! I love Helfire and the colour change is beautiful!! Prince abooboo is also a great colour!! Can’t wait to see these on you!! 

Thanks @ather ! Hellfire was a nice surprise, mostly for its title: I didn't expect Claude Frollo (Hunchback of Notre Dame) to make Jenna's Disney villains list. Not many cosmetic brands use him for this theme. Same with the Prince John (Robin Hood) polish. And Jafar's polish is probably the first of this bunch I'll wear because I can't resist that sparkly shiny flake-packed red. 

@WinglessOne - There are so many gorgeous shades in this bag! 🥰  The red is stunning!  Looking forward to you modeling them. 💖💖💖

Thanks @Titian06 ! 

Fun haul @WinglessOne. Looking forward to see how you’ll out these to work! 💅🏼 

Thanks @itsfi !

@WinglessOne 

Ooohhh, these are fantastic! I'm always wary of large mystery sets as I know I have a few things I just don't like, but I'm not seeing anything here I'd be opposed to, except maybe the hassle of a magnetic 😂 Congrats on your gorgeous set!!! 

Thanks @RGbrown ! Luckily the 2 magnetics look good with and without a magnet's help. 🙂 I just updated my post with swatches a couple minutes ago. 

This is the first beauty-related large mystery bundle I've been fully happy with in years. I figured LynB wouldn't let me down, and I'm glad these are (to my knowledge) all new shades. No repeats for me, hooray! Now, whether or not I have something in my collection that's close to 2 or 3 of these newbies is another story. 😂 My raven brain immediately focused on the red fiery glittery sparkly thing, knowing Phoenix's New Blood is prooobably close—but definitely not identical, I can tell that without pulling my New Blood swatch for side by side comparison. I'll have to wear 'em together in a future mani. 

@WinglessOne 

Prince Abooboo has me in stitches 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Nearly every brand has a Poor Unfortunate Souls (I've got a couple myself lol), and I'm fairly certain I've seen a few Mistress Of All Evil and variations on at least a couple of the others, but I've never seen that one before. It's nice to see a different line used for once! 

They're all gorgeous.. can't wait to see them in use!

1 Reply
testing