Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thanks @ather ! Hellfire was a nice surprise, mostly for its title: I didn't expect Claude Frollo (Hunchback of Notre Dame) to make Jenna's Disney villains list. Not many cosmetic brands use him for this theme. Same with the Prince John (Robin Hood) polish. And Jafar's polish is probably the first of this bunch I'll wear because I can't resist that sparkly shiny flake-packed red. 

@WinglessOne - There are so many gorgeous shades in this bag! 🥰  The red is stunning!  Looking forward to you modeling them. 💖💖💖

Thanks @Titian06 ! 

Fun haul @WinglessOne. Looking forward to see how you’ll out these to work! 💅🏼 

Thanks @itsfi !

@WinglessOne 

Ooohhh, these are fantastic! I'm always wary of large mystery sets as I know I have a few things I just don't like, but I'm not seeing anything here I'd be opposed to, except maybe the hassle of a magnetic 😂 Congrats on your gorgeous set!!! 

Thanks @RGbrown ! Luckily the 2 magnetics look good with and without a magnet's help. 🙂 I just updated my post with swatches a couple minutes ago. 

This is the first beauty-related large mystery bundle I've been fully happy with in years. I figured LynB wouldn't let me down, and I'm glad these are (to my knowledge) all new shades. No repeats for me, hooray! Now, whether or not I have something in my collection that's close to 2 or 3 of these newbies is another story. 😂 My raven brain immediately focused on the red fiery glittery sparkly thing, knowing Phoenix's New Blood is prooobably close—but definitely not identical, I can tell that without pulling my New Blood swatch for side by side comparison. I'll have to wear 'em together in a future mani. 

@WinglessOne 

Prince Abooboo has me in stitches 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Nearly every brand has a Poor Unfortunate Souls (I've got a couple myself lol), and I'm fairly certain I've seen a few Mistress Of All Evil and variations on at least a couple of the others, but I've never seen that one before. It's nice to see a different line used for once! 

They're all gorgeous.. can't wait to see them in use!

@RGbrown That one grabbed all my attention in the bottle. Then I saw its name and knew we were meant for each other. 🤣 It wouldn’t be a LynB bundle without at least one fun shade name!

I also appreciate the name variety. I don’t think I’ve seen another Stay with Mama, though I’m pretty sure I’ve seen one other I’m Surrounded by Idiots. I’ll Show Him Who Wears the Crown is a nice unexpected throwback. 

@WinglessOne mine should be arriving soon! I am so excited. I am wondering if i will be charged customs on them 🤔. I cant wait to see everything!

@Mellmars1185  Yay, I hope you enjoy yours and (hopefully) won't have to pay customs! 

Side note: I'd thought a couple of the polishes were existing shades, perhaps some from previous Polish Pickups. But now I think I'm confusing them with other brands' Disney villain inspired polishes. 😄 

@WinglessOne Thank you! Hopefully you didnt get too many duplicate shades. I am hoping this surprise will be polishes i wouldn't normally pick. I tend to always go for similar shades lol

Ringing in the official first day of fall with this purpl-ish skittles mani a la Zoya.
9.22.2022 Fall Nails - purple skittles.jpg

Saw a mani online very similar to this one - bycheznails - some colors are different but accent nail pattern and color theme is same. I went through my purples to see if I might be able to do something similar. Here’s what I used, all from Zoya. All 2 coats except for thumb nail, 4 coats. 

from pinky to thumb:

• Yvonne - rich, bordeaux red cream
  • Odette - mid-tone plum cream
  • Arielle - dusty rosy-mauve, not quite a cream or a shimmer
  • April - base for accent finger - soft neutral cream with just a hint of pink undertones. Dots are each of the other polishes.
  • Liesel - sheer magenta with a slight, shimmery metallic sheen. This is actually a topper but I really liked the color and wanted to use it with this set of purples. 

Such a cute and fun mani @itsfi ! I love everything about it! ❤️

Oh I love your color palette @itsfi!  Those dots are a lot of fun!

@Cissy63, thank you. I have a lot of purple polishes lol; they are second only to reds. ♥️ My smallest dotting tool wasn’t small enough so I unraveled a paper clip and used one of the ends to stamp the dots. 

@itsfi  I think liesel turned out pretty as a colour. It’s not too sheer but the reflective gives a great colour!! Odette is such a different colour. I really like it. This is the perfect mani for the fist day of fall! 

@ather , thank you! Odette really stood out for me too! 💜

Your mani is so pretty, @itsfi !  I love all these colors and the dots are the perfect accent! 🥰

@Titian06, thank you! Purples always make for a good mani.

@itsfi So pretty! I like the four dots on your index. It brings the whole look together beautifully 💗

testing