Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Oh I love your color palette @itsfi!  Those dots are a lot of fun!

@Cissy63, thank you. I have a lot of purple polishes lol; they are second only to reds. ♥️ My smallest dotting tool wasn’t small enough so I unraveled a paper clip and used one of the ends to stamp the dots. 

@itsfi  I think liesel turned out pretty as a colour. It’s not too sheer but the reflective gives a great colour!! Odette is such a different colour. I really like it. This is the perfect mani for the fist day of fall! 

@ather , thank you! Odette really stood out for me too! 💜

Your mani is so pretty, @itsfi !  I love all these colors and the dots are the perfect accent! 🥰

@Titian06, thank you! Purples always make for a good mani.

@itsfi So pretty! I like the four dots on your index. It brings the whole look together beautifully 💗

@Mellmars1185, thank you! I considered adding dots to the other nails but decided to just keep it this way. 

@itsfi  Love this berry mani! Leisel's very pretty on its own, with pretty good coverage in 4 coats for a sheer topper. 💜

@WinglessOne, thank you. Leisel is such a pretty color. 😍 I will have to try it over a white base and a black base to show it off as a topper. 

Purples and berries are a great way to welcome fall! Fabulous! 

@itsfi 

Thank you @RGbrown! I love purples and berries. They’re great year round but will see even more use in the cooler seasons. 💜 

Very cute, @itsfi.

@CookieGirl1, thank you. A quick and easy peasy mani with some pretty colors - I’m down with that! 😀 

Forcing my 5 newest polishes to somehow kinda sorta work together. 

Indirect overcast daylight through a window.Indirect overcast daylight through a window.Used flash to show the holo in Everyday I'm Shovelin'.Used flash to show the holo in Everyday I'm Shovelin'.
Details: 
Spoiler
Everything is 3 coats, though a couple might’ve been okay at 2. 

Thumb: KBShimmer Everyday I’m Shovelin’. An icy aqua blue > purple > royal blue multichrome loaded with random holo glitter (KBS calls it micro flakes) that flashes rainbows at all angles in nearly all types of light. Any glitter that looks gold in my first (non-flash) photo is actually holo. I can’t believe I had doubts about this one while awaiting package delivery. I kept thinking it might be underwhelming or too similar to something I already have. I was so wrong: it’s my favorite of these 5 polishes. It speaks directly to my love of winter. 

Index: KBShimmer My Fla-vor-ite Color. Grape with an aqua blue shimmer shift that, in some lighting at certain angles, pulls magenta, fuchsia, and turquoise. Easily one of my favorite purples in my polish collection. This was fine at 2 coats, but a 3rd coat deepened and enhanced the grape. 

Middle: Emily de Molly Meet Me in the Dark. Dark burgundy jelly base full of iridescent blue, pink, orange, and green flakes. It was fine at 2 coats, but I added a 3rd for extra flakes. It's Mardi Gras on my nails. This polish has the same obnoxious round brush that Cirque Colors uses; I need to see if KBS/G&G brushes will work with EdMs. 

Ring: KBShimmer Hidden Potential. A copper and plum multichrome that shifts through nearly all colors of the rainbow at various angles. I especially love its teal and blue shift. This polish is very appropriately named. Possibly my second favorite of this bunch. 

Pinky: Cirque Colors Groove Thing. A chartreuse > grassy green shifter with a persistent shimmery flip of gold and coppery red. Theres also some random holo glitter in the mix, but its sparse. I shouldve swapped out Cirques round brush before applying this polish: the formulas very watery (but the colors still quite pigmented), making Groove Thing slightly hard for me to control without a flat paddle brush. The end result is worth the trouble, though. I shoehorned this green into my very purple/blue toned mani, forcing Hidden Potential to bridge the 2 color stories, because I couldn’t wait to see Groove Thing in action. 
KBShimmer’s multichrome formula kinda goops up along my nail tips, no matter how thin a layer I apply. I can’t call it overall goopy, and I had no problem getting even coverage across whole nails. 🤷‍♀️ I did my right hand first, and the goopy edges are most obvious on my right index and ring fingers where I tried to level out polish while capping those tips. By the time I got to my left hand, I’d figured out it's best (for me) to cap the tip before painting the nail with these polishes. I’ll have to remember that next time I use one of these; it's not an issue with most other brands' multichromes I've used. 

I think all these gorgeous colors work great together @WinglessOne. Such a beautiful combination. I love them all! 😍

Thank you @Saradestin ! 

@WinglessOne  I love all these together!! Hidden potential is such a great colour!! Your collection must be really growing!! 

Thanks @ather ! I still have more lipstick than nail polish but, at this point, that just means I have waaaay too much lipstick. 😂 I now have exactly 300 nail polishes, based on how many swatches I've done. 

@WinglessOne  Wow. 300!! I have maybe 100. When I was swatching mine my husband was like and how much is each bottle. I told him I don’t need his negativity in my life. He got the hint 😂

@ather  🤣 

100 is impressive! It took me decades to accumulate around 80 polishes; I discovered that while pulling together all my old (pre-covid) bottles, mostly Essies and Revlons. Now I wonder how much nail polish the average person (who regularly paints their nails) has. 

1 Reply
testing