Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@WinglessOne I HATE how hard hand sanitizer is on my nails!  I use a ton of it as well and I'm a constant hand-washer so I always feel like I'm lucky to get a few days out of a mani no matter what I'm using 😐.

I love all of these, @WinglessOne ! 🥰  Of course my eyes went straight to My Fla-vor-ite color followed by Meet Me in the Dark.  Hidden Potential in the bottom pics is gorgeous!  Now I can't wait to try the KBShimmer I bought.

Thanks @Titian06 ! I look forward to seeing your KBS! Which shade did you get? 

@WinglessOne - I got Rock the Float.  It's described as a hot pink with color shift in gold and peachy orange in bright light and tangerine, rose, and fuchsia in soft light.

@Titian06  Oooh, that’s going to look beautiful on you! 

@WinglessOne 

As is to be expected, I focused on the purple first, and was pleased to see it's one I already have, so no need for me to add it to my shopping list 😅 EdM and Shovelin' both catch my eye next, but really, all of these are gorgeous, and I love how you mix and match colors with your manis, putting together shades I'd never thought about combining. It always works! 😍

Aw, thank you @RGbrown ! One fun thing about very shifty duo/multichromes is being able to make 'em work with so many other colors. 😄 I didn't even have a color story in mind this time; just "yay, let's throw all the newbies on my nails, even the green one!" 

Oh I’m lovin these colors @WinglessOne! That Icy blue and Grape are saying “come to mama “!!  Beautiful 🤩 

@Cissy63  Those 2 shades compliment each other nicely. 🙂 Which is kinda funny since, according to KBS, My Fla-vor-ite Color was summer inspired while Everyday I'm Shovelin' was winter inspired. 

@WinglessOne, oh that icy blue polish is gorgeous! I understand your having initial doubts with the color before it arrived - for me, icy blues, whether in the form of polish or clothing can be challenging - is it too blue, not blue enough, too icy, not icy enough. I think KBShimmer Everyday I’m Shovelin’ hits all the right tones - beautiful color and that holo!

@itsfi  KBS's promo photos of that shade don't do it justice. I mean, they managed to catch a bit of rainbow in a couple photos, but I wasn't prepared for the holo effect in person. The rainbow glitter seems to dance over the blue. There's no way to capture that in photos. 😄 Definitely an icy blue I recommend to anyone who normally has trouble with that color. 

There's so much going on in those colours @WinglessOne great shine and sparkles and with out the flash I can see multiple colours in each one 🤩 that light blue one could make a nice winter mani with some white in there ❄️  😋 it's in the name I gotta guess it's snow thier taking about lol

Thanks @CynthieLu ! Yep, the inspiration behind Everyday I'm Shovelin' is snow. KBShimmer usually has little inspiration stories for each of their shades; you can read 'em at their site. 🙂 

@WinglessOne I’m loving those KBShimmers, I’m wearing one of their “flash”shades today. Sorry it’s goopy on you, I didn’t experience that at all with the one I’m wearing, although it’s a different type of polish.

Thanks @makeitup305 ! The KBSes aren't what I'd call goopy overall. For me, a truly goopy polish is one that's too thick with an actual goopy texture, won't self-level on the nail, and is generally a pain to work with on the entire nail. By contrast, these KBS multichromes do level themselves well, and I can lay down nice thin layers with no problems. That's why the nail edge goopines is so strange: these polishes applied so nicely on the rest of each nail, I didn't expect to have this tip issue. Huh. 

Good to know the flash (reflective, I assume) formula doesn't have this issue. I also have a KBS thermal but haven't worn it on my nails yet, so I'll have to see how that one behaves. 

BBDE2897-531A-4B76-80B5-7B19C10375D4.jpeg

👩🏻‍🍳🤌🏼💋

Both versions are so beautiful that I couldn’t choose which one I like more @rubbyyy . Gorgeous!

Very pretty mani’s @rubbyyy 

@rubbyyy  great nails!! I love the different sets!

Thank you!! I would of commented on every response, but the app isn’t very user friendly when finding your post and responding…

It was definitely very fun to do!

The base I used is dip powder, for that extra strength for your nails + gel polish. All from amazon 🙂

@rubbyyy Beautiful! I really like the shape of your nails 💅

testing