Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@blushes88, I love a bold and bright hot pink. This is gorgeous! 💗

@blushes88 hot pink never goes out of style!

@blushes88 

Ooohhh, hot pink is a great choice any time of year! Gorgeous 💗

Oooo, nice color, @blushes88 ! 😍

@blushes88 Pretty pink 💗💓

I have a new nail supply place to review: NailWholesale dot com

I have a feeling this will get long, so I'll place my novel in a spoiler 😅

Want a TL,DR? Eh, not horrible, but not great either.

Spoiler

For fall stuff, I wanted MT, Orly, OPI, and maybe one CG Halloween. I had been considering adding some Essie too, from the summer Handmade With Love collection, but finding that anywhere was next to impossible (some shades seem to be Ulta exclusive? Or at least really hard to find), so I tossed that requirement out early on. 

Places I considered (and why I ruled them out):

🔹Beauty Zone (doesn't look like they are getting newer Orly stuff)
🔹NailSupplyInc (only have MT...no Orly, OPI, CG)

🔹Polish Pick (no Orly, and I knew I could build a large enough cart elsewhere to avoid paying for shipping. That $11 gets old)

🔹Beyond Polish (expensive compared to NW, and then shades I wanted started selling out)

🔹Sleek Nail (the most expensive of all I looked at; free shipping is nice for a couple of bottles, but the polish prices are practically retail, and that hurts my soul 😅)

NailWholesale had the combo of the best prices and everything I wanted, and free shipping at $100 was doable with a few fillers... they had plenty of older polishes I was interested in to make that threshold. 

I sat on my cart perhaps a bit longer than I should have...I kept waiting to see if CG Halloween would drop, but it never did, so I placed my order last Wednesday around 115 am. After the 10% discount they offer, my total was $96.xx with free shipping for 21 items. Nice! I used PayPal, and there was a weird message on the order confirmation screen that I wish I had taken a screenshot of, something like "PayPal orders are processed manually"...huh, what's that about...?

Thursday afternoon, I noticed CG Halloween *and* Essie fall (might have grabbed one or two of these if they had been available) on their site 🤦‍♀️

Friday afternoon, I get an email from PP saying I've got a $3.42 refund from NW, but it doesn't specify what for. I log in to PP and see that I have been charged $81.45 instead of $96, and then received that $3 back on top of that (so net $78.03). Ugh, what's missing??

I check my spam folder and see an email from NW that tells me 4 polishes are OOS and my revised invoice is attached. The missing 4 bring my total down to the $81 charged to PP, but there's no indication of why I got an additional $3.42 back. That's the total of one MT minus the 10%, so I work off the assumption it's one of those, but I have no idea which one...fingers crossed it's not the one from the fall collection that I want most.

Still no shipping notice though, and my order history on the site still says "awaiting payment $96.xx" at this point. I guess this is the "manual processing" mentioned when I checked out.

I assume they don't ship on the weekends, so I try not to get too antsy, but I check my order history probably a dozen times over the course of Sat/Sun and into Monday; it never changes from "awaiting payment $96.xx" even though they've clearly processed my payment. I scour their site looking for "orders normally ship in x days" but can't find anything, so I decide I'll be patient and give them a week before inquiring as to the shipping timeline. 

Wednesday afternoon (aka yesterday), still no change to my order status, and I still haven't received anything that tells me what the extra refund was for, so I send a polite email asking about the usual shipping timeline. 

Today I woke up to an email that tells me my order status has changed and my order has shipped, and when I check the tracking number, it tells me it was delivered today. Yay! Apparently it shipped on Monday, but no one updated my order status in their system.

Sadly, the one missing MT was indeed the one I wanted most from the fall collection, so I just placed an emergency (yes, this is an emergency, thank you 😅) order from Sleek Nail for it. And some of the missing 4 that I knew about earlier were "must haves" for me, so I've also got an order outstanding with HB Beauty Bar for them, because it was the only place I could find one of them in stock. Sigh. 

Shipping wise, it came USPS Priority, and was well packed in a box placed inside a non-descript bubble mailer. 

IMG_20220915_141715064_HDR.jpg

The mailer

IMG_20220915_141755385_HDR.jpg

Inside the mailer, there was a box for the single polishes and the set I ordered was bubble wrapped separately.

IMG_20220915_141835576.jpg

Inside the box, bottles were wrapped up into sets of three.

IMG_20220915_145016287.jpg

Everything unwrapped, nothing leaking or broken!

Overall...shipping was passably quick, and everything was securely packed. Communication wasn't great though, and I'm annoyed that I still wound up having to shop three places after thinking I got it all in one order. (And I haven't gotten a ship notice from HBBB for my Friday order, so it's still a bit up in the air whether I'll get everything or not...they're bad with inventory too, based on my last order from them...). I haven't crunched numbers yet, but I suspect I might have been better off cost-wise with a smaller order from Polish Pick and just picking up my must have Orlys elsewhere...but on the flip side, I also managed to get a few polishes I haven't seen elsewhere, so NW wasn't a complete bust...I'm not overly mad, and I won't rule them out as a place to shop in the future, but I will greatly lower my expectations and perhaps not use them for "omg, I have to have that one" polishes again. 

Wow! That was quite an ordeal @RGbrown ! It is disappointing when you don’t get any information about the status of your order, specially when it is modified. But your polishes look gorgeous! 😍😍

@Saradestin 

Yeah, it was a little underwhelming, but thankfully I still got some great goodies to play with! ❣️

@RGbrown That sounds really confusing. The good thing is your have your polishes now! Have you ever ordered from that place before?

@Mellmars1185 

Nope, it's a new place for me! I couldn't find everything I wanted at a price I was willing to pay at any of my usual places, so I decided to poke around and see where I could attempt to get everything at once. It kinda backfired, but overall I'm still happy I got a few things I couldn't find elsewhere. It could have been much worse I suppose, so all in all, I'm mostly ok with how it went 🤷‍♀️

I'm sorry to hear about your issues, @RGbrown ! 😖  I'm still waiting for my Orly direct order from Labor Day weekend. 🤣  They sent an email to me out of the blue with a code for $10 off my next purchase for the inconvenience of my delayed order.  I wasn't expecting that!  I hope you enjoy all your new colors!  They look pretty! 💖💖💖

@Titian06 

Eek, still waiting on a Labor Day order? Yuck! I wouldn't expect that from Orly, but the $10 code is a nice bonus!! 

After discontinuing their previous polishes, it seems Besame has been quietly adding some new ones to their Disney Villains collection 🦹‍♂️ I'm not one to spend $20-25 on a bottle, but they are pretty shades and I liked the others I picked up pretty well (minus the awful skinny brush)...if y'all grab any, I'd love to hear about them!

Screenshot_20220915-133212.png

Very cute but quite pricey @RGbrown ! 😅

Pacifica - Green Goddess

20220915_100807.jpg

That bright green is gorgeous @Mellmars1185 ! Such a beautiful shade! 💚💚

@Saradestin Thank you!

@Mellmars1185, that’s a beautiful green.

@itsfi Thank you!

That's such a great green, @Mellmars1185!!

@CookieGirl1 Thanks. I was inspired by you! 💚

testing