Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown  Ugh, I forgot all about that. She's never on my radar, so any news about her has always in one ear and quickly out the other. My brain never makes room to retain things about her. 😂 To be fair, I can say that about nearly all "beauty influencers" on YouTube and Instagram. Anyway, thanks for the reminder! 

@WinglessOne @QueenMarceline 

Ha, yeah, I don't follow YT or IG influencers at all either, but I pick up bits and pieces of controversy in the polish world over on Reddit from time to time. I think this one was mentioned again recently somewhere over there which had it fresh in my mind, and is the only reason I even thought to bring it up!

@RGbrown Oh wow, didn't know about any of that. Admittedly, I've been off the YT beauty sphere for quite some time and haven't seen anything regarding her or by her for around 5 years at least. My friend who was in nail school really loved these polishes and recommended I pick some up a few years back and I did. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. 

I haven’t tried them so, sadly, I can’t be of any help @QueenMarceline 

@QueenMarceline  I haven't tried any of her branded polishes, but now I'm curious. What did you think of the KL Polish shades you tried? 

@WinglessOne I actually really liked them, the applicator was super nice. 

It's been a rough couple of days. LuCkiLy this LoVeLy polish is a small bRiGhT sPoT in the middle of animal tRoUbLeS

(Flippant much? Nope, just emotionally drained and thoroughly exhausted, coupled with a terrible sense of humor...sorry y'all)

Spent a good chunk of yesterday at the vet with my cat (still sick, but we have new meds now, fingers crossed), and I managed to carve out a little time last night after we got home to do a quick one-polish mani as a pick me up.

IMG_20220813_022659078.jpg

I rarely take an indoor shot because my fluorescent lights throw off colors too often, but I could not resist snapping a pic of the shift on this one as soon as I got done.

IMG_20220813_190243739.jpg

I was looking forward to a quiet day today, get some office work done, maybe go out for some errands and/or shopping, until I saw one of my sister's dogs have a seizure, so I've spent the day watching her closely, finally ending up at the emergency clinic, where she was admitted for observation and (hopefully) stabilization (sis is on vacation right now, so I'm the surrogate parent for now, and this sucks). 

Daylight, shade I think? I don't recall it being bright and sunny while I was waiting for word at the clinic...I was just killing time, trying not to think too hard about anything for a minute (which is what I'm trying to do now too, coincidentally).

The polish is Alchemy Lacquer The Lion Witch, a stunning purple-red-orange multichrome base with green-blue-purple shifting flakes. This one definitely falls into my faves of all time list, all the best colors, all in one! Like many multichromes, the base is a bit sheer, so it took three coats for opacity but they were easy.

If you have pets, give them a hug tonight. We get far too little time with them before it's over ❣️🐾

@RGbrown  Oh no. Is your sis pup ok??? Poor thing.  I really love this set it’s so beautiful! 

@ather 

She's better (-ish). Sis is home and got her to a regular vet today, and has a better idea of what to expect and how to treat it. Sudden onset of seizures in an older dog (she's 10) is never a good thing (cancer is apparently a top cause, though there are lots of others, I'm sure), but the goal for now is to control them as much as possible and make sure she's stable and happy before starting down the path to diagnosing any underlying issues. The vet said there's no sign of cancer in her chest or abdomen, so in a way that's good, but it also means there's no indication yet as to what caused these in the first place. The seizures are mostly controlled now, though she had a couple last night and today, quite possibly exacerbated by the excitement of her mom getting home yesterday 😞

@RGbrown  Aww sorry to hear. I have a 15 year old pup I know how stressful it is when they are sick. I hope they figure it out fast!! How’s your kitty making out? You had quite the time!!

@ather 

I'm almost nonchalant about my cat (not really, but)...he's had this damn infection for nearly a year now (pseudomonas is no effing joke) and many days I feel like it's just gonna be a permanent part of life from now on. We're on med number 15 or 16 or so, I've lost count, and it never goes away. If this one doesn't work, the vet is going to take some biopsies to see if there might be some other issue going on in his sinuses that is either amplifying the pseudomonas or mimicking the symptoms...some meds have reduced both the severity of his congestion and the quantity of goo coming out of his nose, but nothing has ever wiped it out completely, so it's entirely possible there's more than one issue at play. 

@RGbrown  Wow. That’s a ton of meds. Poor kitty. I’m sure he’s tired of being on so much medication and it feeling so good. I hope lucky 17 fixes him. Sounds like it’s got the best mommy to take care of him!! 

@RGbrown, I’m glad to hear the fur babies are doing better. Hope you are good too; that is a lot to have on your hands all at once 😱 how nerve wracking and emotionally exhausting. Sending hugs and wishes for full and smooth recoveries for the little furries. ♥️ And some me time for you. 

P.S. that shift is spectacularly stunning. The flakies look amazing against that base. 

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! I think the pup may have a rocky road ahead, but I know she's doing much better, and sis will do whatever she can to keep her happy and healthy 🐾

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear @RGbrown ! 😓 It has to be so stressful! I hope your sister’s dog is ok and that your beautiful kitty fully recovers very soon. 

Your mani looks amazing! I thought it has a base plus a topper. Now I need this one in my life! I can understand why it is on your faves of all times list 😍😍😍

@Saradestin @Titian06 @CynthieLu @Mellmars1185 @WinglessOne @WinglessOne @CookieGirl1 

Thanks so much for the well wishes, everyone! The pup is home and so far responding well to anti-seizure meds, so hopefully she continues to stay stable and as healthy as possible for a good while longer. The house is a zoo and the medication schedule I have for multiple animals over the next couple of days is insane, but we will get through it! ❣️

@RGbrown - Best wishes to your cat and your sister's dog and to you!  (((HUG))) 

Your nails look awesome!  Great color! 💖💖💖

My heart goes out to the animals @RGbrown 💗 I hope your kitty gets better soon and that your sisters dog is OK.  Hang in there girl ❤️ 

Beautiful nails btw 😍

@RGbrown Sorry to hear about your kitty and your sisters dog. Pets are truly a part of our families. I wish them all of the best. It is good that your took some time for self care. I think the polish is beautiful.

@RGbrown  I'm so sorry about your sister's dog, and the stress of watching over her and bringing her to an emergency clinic. Seizures in pets are always unnerving at best. I sincerely hope they were able to stabilize her condition. Also holding out hope for your cat's new meds. ❤️ I was lucky to get 21 years with my cat, and it wasn't enough. "We get far too little time with them" is the absolute truth. 

I can see why you love that polish. It's stunning! 

@WinglessOne  Wow 21 years with your cat is amazing. The longest I had was 18 years. Right now I have a pup that’s 15 and I count every day with him as a blessing! 

17 Replies
testing