Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

A little blue and green mix this time 💙💚

Zoya Juniper (Pixie): a deep blue toned green teal with silver glitter for sparkle. I find the typical matte finish to the Pixies to be a bit glossier than usual in this one, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, just different. This might low key be one of the most unique polishes for Zoya though, as it's also got a deep purple shift to it. It's subtle enough that my camera won't pick it up, but it is visible as I move my hand, especially in shady areas or indoor lighting. Super duper easy two coater.

Zoya Feifei: deep steely blue shimmer with a generous pinch of gold and copper sparkle. The base on this one is clear and it took three coats to get full coverage, but they were easy. 

Zoya Vespa (Pixie): soft green somewhere between sage and mint, loaded with fine silver glitter. This one was a touch sheer in conjunction with the pale color, and took three coats to fully hide my staining...would probably be fine at two coats if your nails aren't as dark as mine. 

IMG_20220810_132529448.jpg

Shade

IMG_20220810_133031177_HDR.jpg

Full sun

IMG_20220810_002119267.jpg

After dark last night, Juniper gave off some fierce purple sparkles in the glow of my outside light, but alas, my camera never would catch it. What I did get here though was a nice abstract on Feifei, showing off some of the gold and copper and blue sparkles with this blurry flash shot

@RGbrown  Ooo I love this combo!

@ather @Julessss14 @itsfi 

Thanks so much! 💖

Wowowowow beautiful! 💯💅🏻

Note: work with Product @ Sephora 

@RGbrown, the sparkle in the evening pic is beautiful. Zoya Juniper does sound unique with the purple shift and glitter. I wish Zoya would include on their site and in the product page, photos of their nail color on actual hands. I said that as I took a glance at my Zoya polishes and maybe it’s better they don’t have photos of how the polish looks on actual hands. 💸

Zoya Vespa is one of my favorite greens. I’ve been using it as my color swatch when looking for green polish. 💅🏼 

@RGbrown Juniper is such a fun grungy green!  That's going to be super pretty in the Fall, too.

@CookieGirl1 @CynthieLu @WinglessOne @Saradestin @Titian06 

Thanks so much everyone! 💚💙

Your nails look gorgeous @RGbrown 🤩

@RGbrown  Ah, 2 of my favorite Zoya shades, Feifei and Juniper (despite that sandpaper texture 😂; it's still growing on me, little by little). They look great together with a pinch of sage Vespa thrown into the mix. 

Wow!  Amazing!  @RGbrown  💙💚  Love all three and the sparkle in Feifei in the last pic is awesome!

Spectacular @RGbrown! All the polishes you used are so beautiful! I am loving the Pixies in general so much, and those you have used in this mani are gorgeous and combine to perfection! 😍

Butter is up at GMA Deals! Free ship at $30 this time

butter gma aug 22.png

I *really* want that green and purple in the Crown Jewels set, but not $30 want, and they aren't offered separately (yet...maybe another time!) 🙁

@RGbrown  I had the same thought about that set's green polish. If Butter offered a full size duo of that polish + Horse Power base coat for less money, I'd jump on it. Or heck, I'd pay $30 for a full size of that polish + 2 FS of that base coat. Oh well. 

It’s sad that they don’t sell those polishes separately on the sale @RGbrown . I am recovering from my past purchases and need some time to enjoy all the beauties I got before considering adding new ones 😁

I have had a slow crack on my thumb nail. I noticed it coming through my nail polish. It was below my nail bed. Unfortunately it started snagging and is so sore now. My nails were really long but I have now cut them all. Does anyone have any tips for when this happens?

Oooh those are so annoying @Mellmars1185 😭

Oh, ouch!  That's so painful!  I'm sorry, @Mellmars1185 😑

Oh no @Mellmars1185 ! I am so sorry to hear 😓 It has been a long time that doesn’t happen to me 🤞 but it is so annoying.

@Saradestin Thank you. I have been taking hair and nail vitamins so my nails have been strong and growing longer. For some reason this happens to me. Even when I use to wear false nails. I think this is a sign that i should keep my nails shorter. Or maybe if I file a different oval shape that will help?

@Mellmars1185  This happens often to my thumb nails. Not my other nails; just thumbs. Super annoying. I wipe the nail down with acetone to remove all polish, oils, etc., then do one of these 2 things:

Tea bag patch - I don’t often do this because I lack the patience needed. I take an unused tea bag (I have bags for loose leaf tea; I keep one set aside for this) and cut a little patch that’ll fully cover the nail damage without hanging over the nail. I use nail glue and tweezers to apply patch to nail. Let it sit a few minutes, then very gently buff over the patch so it won’t appear under polish. As extra insurance, I apply a ridge filler base coat to the whole nail. This holds up well for the 5-10 days of my manicures.

Ridge filler base coat - I do this more often because it’s quick. It won’t work if the damage is too great, but if the split is small and simple, it can hold the nail together til my next mani. Totally depends on the ridge filler you use, of course. If there’s one you like that actually fills your ridges, try it here. Note that this method isn’t as strong as the tea bag patch. If the split runs at least 1/3 across your nail and/or the damage includes peeled/chipped-off nail bits, patch it instead.

Or when a split happens on the go, or I don’t feel like stripping down the nail for one of the 2 previous methods: 

Bandage it - I just wrap a bandage around the nail so it won’t snag on anything. I always have bandaids at home and in my purse/bag, and some get used for this. Or I’ll use a bit of self-adhering bandage wrap. This is my temporary way to prevent snags and worsened damage until I’m ready to do one of the other methods. Sure, it leaves my mani with one not-so-pretty nail in the meantime, but that doesn’t bother me. 

Once the nail’s grown long enough for the damage to be at or past my fingertip, I remove the damage with a nail file. For my nails, using clippers puts too much stress on the nail and results in more future splits. My toenails can handle clippers, but not my fingernails. 

@WinglessOne these are great, thank you so much for sharing this! I never heard of the tea bag one before 💜

testing