Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Wow @WinglessOne !! Gorgeous mani! I love when you post because your manis have so many different colors! It is like a nail polish museum in your hands! 😍 But what has amazed me the most, is that we seem to read each other’s minds 😁 Yesterday I painted my nails with Cadillacquer Eivor, one of the only two purchases from the recent Color4Nails sale. And it is by far my favorite thermal I own! The changes happen so quickly and they are so intense! 😵 As you said, I can have nails in all stages!

7D077EC8-8C3C-4410-B27D-41E2B21F3AEF.jpeg

Thanks @Saradestin ! I knew someone else in this thread had ordered Eivor but couldn't remember who. Now I know! This polish is a hyperactive mood ring. 🤣 At some point, I'll use it on all or most of my nails for maximum fun times. I also need to put Regal AF on more nails in a future mani, because it's even more reactive than Eivor, amazingly. 

I try to group all the colors in a mani into a cohesive story/theme. Sometimes I have to force a newly acquired shade or 2 to comply because I just wanna test 'em. Such is the case with St. George this time: it doesn't really fully work with the other shades on my left hand, but I'm forcing that blackened teal to anchor all the purples/mauves, with Pale Horse as a transition shade. I don't often use just one shade on all 10 nails. At most, I'll do 8 nails in one shade with 2 accent nails. I like variety in my manis. Of course, a full 10 nails of Eivor is a lot of variety anyway. 💚 

Great colors, @WinglessOne !  Your descriptions are wonderful.  I really like Ivo and Dragon, but they're all great!

Thank you @Titian06 ! Dragon is so perfectly named. Its exact shade of green, subdued coppery shimmer, and subtle holo rainbow work together to create a dragon skin appearance. It's definitely one of my faves from this bunch. 

Getting in this post before the fireworks show officially starts.🎆
Fourth of July 2022Fourth of July 2022

SEPHORA COLLECTION Color Hit Mini Nail Polish L41 Cherry Popsicle (thumb), a red creme in a teeny tiny bottle. If someone said this isn't a terribly unique shade or that it's like every red cream polish, I wouldn't necessarily disagree. At the same time, like every red creme polish in my collection, this one, to me, is different. It just is. lol. The formula is on the thinner side; this is 3 coats.

NCLA United States of Glitter (index and pinky fingers) applied over a clear base coat. The polish itself is a clear base with red, blue and silver hexagonal glitters scattered throughout. Best to dab on these glitters. Also best to use a thin top coat well after the clear base to this polish has dried; otherwise, some of the glitters will pull towards the fingernail tip and can get a smidge gummy.

OPI Super Trop-i-cali-fiji-istis (middle finger) is certainly not a name that rolls easily off the tongue, but the blue creme shade is simple and beautiful. Very easy to work with; here, we have just one coat.

NCLA Ask the Magic 8 Ball (ring finger) is my new favorite white creme polish. Super easy to apply, minimal-to-no-streakiness that I find common in most white cream polishes. I was impressed that this was one coat. A second one would have been ideal, but I was in a hurry and just hoped that the top coat with smooth over one very small spot, and it did! 

@itsfi  Perfect 4th of July nails! I love them!

@ather, thank you! I think this may be the first year I did my nails for the holiday. Took the long weekend off and made it about sleep, BBQ, masks, and mani’s. 😂 

@itsfi  Wow that sounds like the best long weekend ever!!! Hopefully you had time to see your family too!!

@ather, it was a really nice weekend. Some family and friends were out of town on vacation but I did grab breakfast with my dad on the Fourth. 

@itsfi  that’s the best! 

@itsfi 

Love it all, especially the glitter!  ❤️🤍💙

The glitter is the best @RGbrown! 😁

Great mani, @itsfi ! ❤🤍💙  

@Titian06, thank you! 😃 The NCLA polishes were part of a sub box that I’ve long since canceled, but this was the first time I used both. Sorta makes me wonder what else has gone unused. 🤨 Ack!! 😱 

@itsfi pretty mani 💙🤍💗

@Skunk12puzzola, thank you. 🙂 It’s nice to work through my polishes. 

What a joyful little tribute, @itsfi! The blue and red shades have just the right amount of intensity to them, and the glitter is fireworks worthy 🇺🇸

@eshoe, thank you. 🙂 The red and blue worked out well. 

I love it so much @itsfi ! So cute! It looks so festive! It is like you have all the party confetti on your nails! 😍😍😍😍

Thank you @Saradestin! 🤗 You’re always so kind. I need to remember I have this glitter polish. 

For the 4th of July I wanted to do something fun, so I added some tiny Swarovski crystals that I had for years (for another purpose) and played a little (not too much fun because I have no tiny brushes so it was quite a nightmare 😅) But I think it came out so cool! It is so sad that, for some reason, the camera doesn’t capture the incredible sparkle from the crystals but I can’t stop looking at my hands. 😍 

I used as red Morgan Taylor in Good Gossip on thumbnail, index and pinkie, (it is packed with tiny glitter and it has a satin to soft matte finish so I added LynB gloss top coat to intensify the sparkle), Orly White Tips all over my ring finger (because I don’t have any other white) topped with LynB B-Flat top coat (matte) and Zoya Pixie Dust in Chyna for the red stripes, and lastly, the blue is Essie in Front Page Worthy, with the Swarovski crystals on top.

7A04628D-C295-498F-B0D9-C38738EFEEA0.jpegB26ECF6D-D6CC-4090-AEF5-BAF1271616B2.jpegFB9C5B88-1304-455B-BFEE-D195B2D53401.jpegInterior artificial lightInterior artificial light

4 Replies
testing