Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I agree with you @WinglessOne , that’s why I said that I am not ready for fall, because it seems like bright colors are forbidden and I love intense color. Just look at forests during fall: aren’t those colors intense and bright? And gorgeous! I love seasons, I love changes. I miss snow but I find a way to see it every year (here in Florida I won’t have any chance otherwise! 😂) Thankfully I live in the Panhandle and it gets quite cold in winter, even with occasional freeze, so I have some sort of change of season feeling although not the full four season I am used to 😕

@Saradestin  One of the reasons I haven't moved to Florida (despite certain relatives hint-asking me to) is the one-note weather. I'd have to travel each December or January to meet my snow quota. Heck, I get upset when we don't get much snow up here—and that's happening more and more often. 😞 (Resisting the urge to climate-change rant right now.) I grew up in Michigan. I literally walked to school through knee- to waist-deep snow in winter. I need to see stretches of snow. I love the crunch of fresh undisturbed snow under my feet. I love the delicateness of dry powdery snow, and the luxury of wet heavy snow—that good snowman/ball/fort building snow. I don't like to be chilled to my bones, but I need to feel crisp cold air on my skin once in a while, to breathe it in and let it sweep morning fog and anxiety-driven self loathing from my mind as I exhale. I need winter. 

I'm glad you do get some sort of seasonal shift where you live! I won't even tease you about "it gets quite cold" like I tease my relatives. 😉 Kinda related story: 

Spoiler

A few years ago, a friend from Denver visited me during January and didn't bring a heavy winter coat. He expected the weather to be not much different from Denver's that time of year. After I took him shopping ("nope, you cannot survive this week without a real coat, let's go get you one and some gloves") and he quickly burrowed deep into his new coat, we stood on an el platform for a few minutes (under heat lamps, thank goodness) and he said "holy crap it's freezing, it must be 20 degrees out here!" I shook my head and laughed, so he guessed again: 10 degrees? 5? 0? "It's colder than zero?! Dang, just how bleeping cold is it right now?" I didn't have the heart to tell him it was -20ºF; he wasn't ready for the truth. 🤣 

It's not that cold throughout January... not usually. But that's the month when we typically dive into subzero temps. Windchill off the lake doesn't help. Despite all that, folks who whine "I wish it was summer already" are often the same ones who whine "I wish it was winter already" during July's humid 100+ºF heatwave(s). 

Whoever decided bright intense colors are over for everyone once fall rolls around should have their Beauty Standards Police license revoked. Same goes for whoever demands people are only allowed to wear bright colors in summer. Some people love muted colors year round and there's no reason they can't rock 'em whenever they want. (Well, aside from work related dress codes that enforce a specific clothing and cosmetics palette.) But when beauty brands try to convince me a collection of beiges, browns, greys, and creams represent fall, I can almost hear every oak, maple, etc. tree around me with their flaming orange and gold leaves shouting in unison, "are we a joke to you?!" 

How much I loved this @WinglessOne !!! Thank you for sharing! Yes, that’s serious winter right there! 🥶 But how beautiful is to enjoy a freezing cold day with the right clothing. And yes, the crunchy feeling walking on the snow 😍. And the silence... I was born in a Spanish city on the northwest of the country. It is very cold in winter, very hot in summer, or very hot and very cold the same day. It is called León  and it is a gorgeous historical city with Roman roots, in the Saint James path. It snowed every year there when I was young but it rarely does now 😓 

@Saradestin  Sounds like you grew up in a climate similar to the one I grew up in, though you had the added benefit of being in a historical city. That must've been wonderful! I mean, despite the seasonal extremes. Sad to hear it rarely snows there nowadays. I wish there was a quick magic way to reverse all the climate damage humans have created. But I'm always happy to hear someone else appreciate the beauty of winter! ❤️ 

@RGbrown  Mmmm... 🤔 no, I am not ready for fall at all..... not yet! 

@Saradestin 

Me either! While I could do without the stickiness that comes with summer in the south, I love love love being warm. Cold weather is not my jam at all 🥶

Well @RGbrown , I am not ready for fall because summer has just started but I really love season changes and what they bring with them! I love the cold weather, I love the hot weather, I love the in between... but not to have always the same weather. I would get bored  in flat weather 😅

not great pics but I'm wearing Nails Inc Everyday Self Care topped with Mooncat Curiosity's Prey. Love the topper and the baby pink shade made me feel super girly. They chipped quite quickly but it could be that the formulas didn't get along or some other user error. I didn't manage to get the shift of the Mooncat polish but it 's a super shifty, iridescent, fine, very even flake.

20220629_064208.jpg20220629_064205.jpg

@makeitup305  I love this combo! So pretty!

@makeitup305  Hey chips happen.  The color is so soft and feminine.  Love it 🌸

So beautiful @makeitup305! I love the topper, it is so cute! So sad that it chipped. I am amazed at the staying power of my LynB polishes. They have not chipped in the entire week I wore them! 😵 I have had some early chipping from some Nails Inc polishes so it might be the brand as well. Anyway, your mani looks gorgeous! 😍😍

@Saradestin very true, it's not my most long lasting polish.

@makeitup305, it’s too bad that the formulae on the polishes didn’t get along, because the pairing is really pretty. 🤩 

thanks @itsfi 😁

@makeitup305 

Soft and sweet with a little bit of sparkle...I love it!

thanks @RGbrown !

The combination looks great, @makeitup305 ! 🥰  Too bad it chipped, but those things happen. 😝

@Titian06 even chipped, I still enjoyed it! I'm ok with chips as long as it doesn't make the polish peel off more, which this one didn't. Given that my nails are in kind of scrappy condition and I'm not precisely gentle with them, I'm not too mad about it.

China Glaze is $5.00 through July 5.

Free Realtek crystal file with $50.00 purchas through July 12.

Orly has select colors 20% off through July 6.

Code:  SUMMER20

(mostly neons)

Londontown is 25% off through July 4.

Code:  HUE25

Thanks for the info @Titian06  appreciate the heads up 😀

Thank you so much for the sale heads-up @Titian06 !!! I am just waiting for two specific brand sales, and hopefully not now but in a few months, so I recover from these crazy past sales and to give me time to use what I bought! 😅😅💸💸💸

2 Replies
testing