Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! โค๏ธ  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@makeitup305, itโ€™s too bad that the formulae on the polishes didnโ€™t get along, because the pairing is really pretty. ๐Ÿคฉ 

thanks @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜

@makeitup305 

Soft and sweet with a little bit of sparkle...I love it! โœจ

thanks @RGbrown !

The combination looks great, @makeitup305 ! ๐Ÿฅฐ  Too bad it chipped, but those things happen. ๐Ÿ˜

@Titian06 even chipped, I still enjoyed it! I'm ok with chips as long as it doesn't make the polish peel off more, which this one didn't. Given that my nails are in kind of scrappy condition and I'm not precisely gentle with them, I'm not too mad about it.

China Glaze is $5.00 through July 5.

Free Realtek crystal file with $50.00 purchas through July 12.

Orly has select colors 20% off through July 6.

Code:  SUMMER20

(mostly neons)

Londontown is 25% off through July 4.

Code:  HUE25

Thanks for the info @Titian06  appreciate the heads up ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you so much for the sale heads-up @Titian06 !!! I am just waiting for two specific brand sales, and hopefully not now but in a few months, so I recover from these crazy past sales and to give me time to use what I bought! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ

I barely use social media. I'm here on BIC of course, and a dabble a little over at Reddit, but while I have FB, IG, and Twitter accounts, I rarely wander over to any of them unless I'm looking for something specific. I realized today I've never checked out the Morgan Taylor IG page, even though they're my favorite brand, so I snuck a quick peek and stumbled on a couple of deals!

First up, "all" nail polish is 40% off at their Amazon page. I use quotes on all because it's not really all of them as far as I can tell...some don't have the coupon because they aren't sold by MT, but some don't have the coupon even though they ARE sold by MT. But it's worth a gander if they have any shades you want! I may do a deep dive later to see if they have any I'm missing. 

Screenshot_20220701-153511.png

Screenshot_20220701-153641.png

Look for the green coupon bar, and be sure to activate it before checking out! Also, it doesn't hurt to click through ones that don't display it here...many of the listings I checked out have multiple shades available, some with the coupon, even if it didn't display on this page.

I also saw this deal posted today, though I'm not seeing it live on Amazon yet...maybe it'll work shortly? 

Screenshot_20220701-153918.png

B2G1 Bare Luxury pedicure packs (a 4pc set of single use pouches of soak, mask, scrub, and lotion)

@RGbrown  Thanks for the info.  Oh keep forgetting to check Amazon๐Ÿค”

@Cissy63 

I don't think to check it much either...I look at Revlon there from time to time, but never really use Amazon for much else when it comes to polish. 

@RGbrown I donโ€™t want to look ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ

@Saradestin 

I know the feeling! I'm in no rush to look myself, and won't be upset even if I wind up missing it ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚

Time for a little comparison between the Magical and Ultra Pixies โœจ

Zoya Thea (Magical): purple jelly base loaded with various sizes of silver glitter. The largest ones are holo (real, actual holo, not the iridescent stuff they call holo in some other polishes), and I think at least some of the smaller ones are too. Gorgeous glitter bomb, but I'd argue it doesn't fit my own personal Pixie definition, as it completely lacks the sandy texture I normally associate with the line. It will dry a bit textured, but that's just from the glitter. I pulled out my Glitter Grabber last night, and one coat of that plus one coat of top coat got me mostly smooth, say 90%? Easy two coater.

Zoya Oswin (Ultra): bright red loaded with various sizes of red glitter. This one definitely fits my Pixie definition; it seems to be the original matte and sandy formula amped up with larger hexes, a cross between the OG and the Magicals. I wasn't sure I had time to make sure this was dry before bed without a top coat, so I did the same glitter grabber + topcoat on top, and it did very little to smooth this out ๐Ÿ˜‚ Maybe 50%? It was really pretty without topcoat as well, kinda wish I had left it alone, and I might have to repeat it again soon just for a plain swatch shot โฃ๏ธ Also two coats.

IMG_20220701_133023996.jpg

Overcast shade

IMG_20220701_133050902.jpg

Flash in the shade because I couldn't be bothered to get up and find some dark ๐Ÿ˜‚ You can see at least some of the holo in the purple here.

@RGbrown  Wow! Those colours together are beautiful!!

@ather 

It's a magical combo! ๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ

Oh so pretty and sparklely๐Ÿฅฐโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

@Cissy63 

Thanks so much! ๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ

@RGbrown, I see reds. โ™ฅ๏ธ I see purples. ๐Ÿ’œ That alone makes me smile! Pretty mani! ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi 

Red and purple will always be the best combo. Thanks so much! โฃ๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

1 Reply
testing