Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thanks @Saradestin! 💚

@keana1  I love how that green topper pops on the base color. 

Thank you @WinglessOne! I can’t resist green nail polish! 💚

@keana1 

Gorgeous green, and that topper is fab! 💚

It's been dry here but finally rained a little today, and I'm hoping we get more this week 

Thanks @RGbrown ! I wish you more rain ! 🌂

I nearly missed this one 😯

Color4Nails dot com has 25% off now through the 30th; applies automatically (excludes sale stuff, but be sure to check the sale page anyways...they've got some really pretty ones with some nice prices!). Free US shipping with purchase of 6+ items. They've got several indies including Emily de Molly, Penelope Luz, Cadillacquer, Phoenix, Dance Legend, KBShimmer, and more!

c4n sale.png

And as early warning, Cupcake will be having their bday sale starting on the 1st! IIRC, it ran through the 4th last year, and was 30% off sitewide

cupcake bday sale 2022.png

We are always open to any sort of sale @RGbrown ! Thank you for sharing! 😁😁 

*UPDATE: I have just placed my order but not using the sale code because I went with one of the excluded brands (I got Penelope Luz Passion) and one of their Final Sale items (Cadillacquer Eivor)

You all will ruin me with so many sales!! 💸💸💸💸😅

@RGbrown  Great, just what I need, an excuse to pick up some KBShimmers I've been stalking... I do see some other goodies in the sale section. Hmm... if I buy anything, it'll have to be a small order if I also want to try grabbing a couple of the new (or re-released) Lisa Eldridge lipstick shades coming soon—one of which I missed the first time around and definitely want. When it comes to a choice between lipstick and any other beauty product (okay, except specific brow pencils 😂), lipstick always wins. But I'm supposed to be low-buying lipstick, so... we'll see what happens. 

EDIT - here are the offer terms of the sale, btw, in case anyone planned to get a discount on some sadly excluded regular priced brands: 

Screenshot of Color4Nails 25% anniversary sale - offer terms blog postScreenshot of Color4Nails 25% anniversary sale - offer terms blog post

@WinglessOne 

Holy geezus, I didn't even think to check terms, didn't realize they'd exclude so many, and just assuMEd sale would be about it 😖 Lesson learned, thank you!!

Once upon a time, I'd have understood the lipstick vs polish debate. Nowadays my choice is much easier 😂 If it's limited edition though, go for it!

@RGbrown  I was initially annoyed by the exclusions. But they helped me clear my cart and save money 😂 so, silver lining. 

Some full price A-Englands do qualify for the discount. I ordered Dragon and St. George (couldn’t choose between them) and got 25% off both. I also have some Cadillacquers and a KBShimmer coming. 

And: free US shipping happens if you order 6 items. Doesn’t have to be 6 polishes, just any 6 items. So folks can stick, for instance, a couple marked-down nail art or cleanup brushes in their cart to get free shipping, or any other inexpensive items they’ll actually use. 👍 

@WinglessOne 

Speaking of random cheapies, I wish they still had some of those Mitty soakies...I totally would have a built a cart just to pick up a backup in case I mess any of mine up. I was iffy on them at first, but have decided I like them enough to warrant having some more on hand 😋

Thank you for the info @WinglessOne !! 🤗🤗

Thanks @RGbrown for posting the Cupcake nail polish sale! I changed my old tablet for a new one and also changed my email address. I forgot to update my info on the website 🙄 ….

A study in greens and teals, using mostly recent arrivals. All are 2 coats unless otherwise noted. 

Right hand. Top coat (Glisten & Glow) used only on index and ring, and over Midori (but under Cece).Right hand. Top coat (Glisten & Glow) used only on index and ring, and over Midori (but under Cece).
Details & thermal shift photos: 
Spoiler
Pinky: Painted Polish Peridot Persuasion. A matte flake polish that does its namesake justice. I left it bare but might add glossy top coat in the next couple days, just to see how it looks both ways. Peridot is one of my favorite gemstones, so this polish makes me giddy. 

Ring: Zoya Imogen. A Magical PixieDust that dries to kind of a crelly finish that feels textured, thanks to all the silver and scattered holo glitter my camera decided not to capture. To the touch, it feels grittier than a typical glitter-heavy jelly/crelly. Definitely not a matte sandpaper finish like the normal PDs, but also not the gummy look and texture I worried I’d get, at least not in person. I like it! I left it bare on both ring fingers. 

Middle: Crystal Knockout Dance Electric. A thermal that’s turquoise when warm and black when cold. It’s jam packed with pink, green, and marigold dots and a scattered rainbow of iridescent and holo pinpoints. And it glows turquoise in the dark. Getting enough glitter coverage was no problem with this beauty. I was tempted to do 3 coats to deepen the base color, but I love the glitter placement I got in 2 coats so I stopped there. 

The thermal's cold state: 
Spoiler
Dance Electric (middle nail), fully cold state. This was before I added Cece to my thumb nail.Dance Electric (middle nail), fully cold state. This was before I added Cece to my thumb nail.Dance Electric in ombre action.Dance Electric in ombre action.
EDIT, since Dance Electric was a limited edition Polish Pickup shade: see RGbrown's sale post above mine for Color4Nails? At their site, search for "Cadillacquer The Enemy" to find a polish with the same turquoise-to-black thermal shift. It has white hex glitter and iridescent flakes instead of holo glitter and colorful dots, so it's not an exact dupe. But it's on sale for $9 USD (additional % off doesn't apply) so it might be worth considering! 

Index: Zoya Stassi (3 coats). A green jelly holo that's really iridescent instead, from what I can see in person, but still colorfully sparkly. Sometimes I think I catch a true holo pinpoint on my nail so hey, maybe there’s some holo glitter in here after all, vastly outnumbered by everything else in the mix. Regardless, I like this shade a lot. 

Thumb: Zoya Midori (3 coats) with a swirl of Zoya Cece (2 coats). Midori's thin metallic formula took 2 coats to even out and a 3rd coat to hide some bare spots. Thankfully I didn't get any visible brushstrokes in the end. It's a nice green apple shade, but the gold shimmer flip is subtler than I expected. So I freehanded (with Zoya's mini brush) the PixieDust swirl for added interest—and also to see how close in color Cece and Midori are. 

Left hand. G&G top coat used on all but Imogen; Cece & Bay sit atop G&G on thumb.Left hand. G&G top coat used on all but Imogen; Cece & Bay sit atop G&G on thumb.
Details: 
Spoiler
Pinky: China Glaze Green With Jealousy. A deep emerald green > forest/blue spruce with olive gold shimmer. In some lighting, it reminds me a lot of nori. I have a mini bottle and will likely buy a full size at some point. 

Ring: Zoya Imogen (3 coats). I wanted to see what an extra coat would do, though the black base didnt need deepening beyond 2 coats. The 3rd coat added even more glitter and increased the gritty texture. 

Middle: Crystal Knockout Dance Electric. 

Index: China Glaze Free To Be Sesame. Emerald green jelly (crelly?) base full of green and scattered holo glitter. Photos rarely do scattered holos justice but sheesh, I should've tried some direct sunlight photos for this one. 🤦‍♀️ 

Thumb: China Glaze Brought To You By with overlapping curves of Zoya Bay (1 coat) & Zoya Cece (1 coat). Brought To You By is lovely teal blue shimmer. My Bay line was wider than intended, otherwise Id have repeated the other thumbs swirl. And it would've been easier since I'd have used my dominant-for-drawing/paining hand this time. Oh well. 
My 4th Zoya order's on its way, but the 5th one's still in limbo until Remove+ is restocked. 

@WinglessOne  I’m liking your nail art!!! Beautiful colours also!! The neon polka dots are the best!!!

Lovely green nail polish @WinglessOne ! My favorites are Midori and Peridot Persuation 💚💚💚

Thanks @keana1! I wish Midori was a bit easier to work with, but it’s better behaved than some other metallics I’ve used, so I can’t ding it too hard. Plus, it really is a pretty shade. 

All these colors are so pretty, @WinglessOne !  I particularly like Dance Electric and Peridot Persuasion.  The combination of textures along with the swirl on your thumb is great! 🌊

Thank you @Titian06  @Saradestin  @itsfi ! I keep subconsciously rubbing my thumbs with my index fingers, especially on my left hand. Looks like mixing sandy PixieDust texture with a smoother texture on the same nail is the key to PD tolerance for me. 😂 I'll probably do more with that combo from now on. 

Also: hopefully all Zoya orders awaiting Remove+ will ship soon! I figured that product would sell out quickly and I assume Zoya did too, but it makes me wonder how many bottles they sold during that sale. 

@WinglessOne  @itsfi  @Saradestin 

Both of my open Zoya orders changed from Pending Availability to Open Order today and no longer show the Remove+ as backordered, so hopefully they'll all be shipping out soon! 🤞

Thank you so much @RGbrown ! I have checked mine and now it shows as “scan verification” It is good that things are moving!! 🎉🎉 

testing