Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@makeitup305, thank you. I’ve wanted to do something similar to this for a while but never had enough patience for it. 😂 It wasn’t my first plan but I’m happy with how it came out. I cackled at it being on trend; I’m typically behind the trend or trying to catch up to it. 😝 

@itsfi 

Lots of (good) expletives running through my head with this one...things like "holy sheet" and "effing fabulous" 😍😍😍 I love all of these combos so much!!

Awww, thank you so much @RGbrown! This one wore me out. 😆 But also gave me some color combos I may want to use in future nail art projects. 

Wow @itsfi ! This is simply amazing! So original, creative, colorful, gorgeous! I love it!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Awww, thank you @Saradestin! 😊 You're so kind and encouraging, always. In my head, doing these designs doesn't take as long as they actually ending up taking. Hahaha! 

I can imagine @itsfi ! I don’t think I would be able to get even close! 😍😍😍

OMGosh, @itsfi , your mani is fabulous! 🤩  I love the color combos--very creative! ❤💛💚💙💜  The coral/red is probably my fave, but that marigold color is wonderful too.

Thank you @Titian06! 😃 I hadn’t originally planned on this pattern but by the time I made my way to testing it out on my pinky, ring and middle fingers, I had to commit. lol.

Would you believe the coral/red combo almost didn’t happen? 😱 I was going to see about decluttering some OPI polishes, to make room for my incoming Zoya orders. I had the hardest time trying to open the bottles on the red and orange polishes I originally picked out, so I went back to my bin and grabbed these two. So happy I did. I really like them on their own and paired together. 🥰

And now for something completely different

Screenshot_20220624-132958.png

Just kidding, it's another rainbow 🤭

This set is indirectly courtesy of @WinglessOne; her recent mani with Zoya Alia led me down the jelly rabbit hole during their sale, and I realized I somehow didn't have any of their jelly holos (how?!?!) so I bought them all! There is a sixth one, Harper, it's a pink base with the same mix of shimmer and glitter, but it's definitely creamier, giving it more opacity and hiding more of the glitter, leading to a slightly different look overall, so it felt like the right one to leave out of this set.

Zoya calls them holo, but I'm not sure I agree with that. The glitter seems to be iridescent...shifting though 2-3 colors, not the full rainbow. They used a lot of different colors of iridescent glitter, such that the rainbow is fully represented, but that doesn't really make this a "holo" polish. They are all still gorgeous, I'm definitely not knocking the polishes, just the incorrect terminology!

The sheer base made these into three-coaters for me, not fussy though. All have a generous helping of gold shimmer and the aforementioned iridescent glitters, and sparkle best in the shade and even somewhat low interior light...direct sun or bright light seems to blot out the glitters in favor of the gold shimmer. Smooth after one coat of topcoat.

From pinky to thumb: Jesy, Alma, Stassi, Muse, Binx

IMG_20220624_132044486.jpg

Shade

IMG_20220624_132119928_HDR.jpg

Full sun

BTW, today's the last day of the Zoya sale, so if you've been pondering another cart, it's go time!

Amazing @RGbrown ! So beautiful! 🧡💛💚💙💜

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! I'm thrilled with how these turned out! 🌈

@RGbrown  I wondered if the jelly holos were really jelly iridescent instead. Zoya's not one of brands I think of when I think "holo," which is probably why I kept forgetting they have jelly holos until I poked around their site during the sale. I'm still excited for mine to arrive. I also passed on Harper for mostly the same reason you did. Good to see Binx and Alma in action on your nails, since I left them behind (to prevent a 6th order 🤣). Each shade looks beautiful! 

Also, hooray for Monty Python references! 

@WinglessOne 

Zoya is definitely not an industry leader in holo polishes 😋 Even their classics with actual holo flakies (Dream, Aurora, etc) aren't particularly blingy, they're subtle in their holo-ness (lovely nonetheless!). I will say though that I swatched Elsa today, and the holo glitter in it is quite the sparkler...I'm excited to check it out on my nails soon!

I need to watch some Monty Python again soon...it's been years since I've seen much, even though it was a staple for me in my teens and 20s. I've forgotten way more than I remember at this point, and I think the absurdity will be greatly appreciated these days 😵💫

@RGbrown, ooooh, what a beautiful set of rainbow skittles! I'm in full agreement with @Titian06  about that orange! 

I ordered the jellies this morning before heading to work. I'm happy with my choices (read: all of the jellies 😂) but I need to impose a "no buy zone" with Zoya for a little while now. Until I receive my orders, at the very least. 😂🤣😂 But that won't stop me from putting together a list as I see folks show off their Zoya mani's here. 😉

@itsfi 

The orange is glorious, indeed! 🧡 And hooray for getting the jellies, I hope you love them!!

Really pretty, @RGbrown ! 🧡💛💚💙💝  The colors remind me of jelly beans!  The orange one caught my attention in you haul pic, and it still has my attention! 🧡🧡🧡

@Titian06 

As much as purple will always have my heart, the orange is definitely a stunner here...I think the iridescent glitters show up best against it for some reason, and it just gives off a little extra sparkle

100% agree @Titian06! I'm not always drawn to orange polishes but there's definitely something about this orange polish. So pretty!

Time for the monthly LynB half off sale 😵💫 Code NEONS through the 28th

Screenshot_20220624-130349.png

@RGbrown I have purchased quite a lot of LynB’s during the last sale but @WinglessOne ‘s recent mani using some of her new arrivals have made my wish list grow. I might save them for the next sale to see if there are new additions, but it is so tempting. I am loving the brand so much!

@RGbrown  Ha, as soon as I saw their "coming soon" new collection a few days ago, I figured another sale was coming. I think I can hold off on more LynB orders for the next few new releases; I've got more than enough to keep me happy for now. Well, unless something spectacular pops up. 

testing