Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi  The fun thing about PPU and HHC is forgetting exactly what I ordered, so each package is a partial surprise. I'm glad your orders arrived intact! 

@WinglessOne, that is so true. Whenever I receive notice about one of those deliveries I always pause trying to remember if I picked up anything and then, what it was I hauled. 😆 A surprise treat is an excellent way to look at it. 

These colors are great, @WinglessOne ! 💖💖💖  I love all the different color changing/shifting.  I'm particularly drawn to Two Lips Are Better Than One and Oil Be There For You.

I'm sorry to hear about the casualty! 😔  I hope it didn't get all over the rest of your order.

Thanks @Titian06 ! Luckily the broken polish didn't leak onto everything else in the package. I rarely get broken polishes in the mail, especially since most brands individually bubblewrap or box each bottle nowadays. Painted Polish didn't do that—all 3 polishes were wrapped together in bubblewrap—so I'm surprised only one bottle was broken. Makes me think that bottle was unnoticeably cracked or chipped before it was packaged, and the journey worsened the damage. 

Two Lips might be my favorite of this bunch of LynBs. 💚💙💛💖

These are so fun @WinglessOne ! Enjoy! I love them all.

Thanks @makeitup305 ! 

@WinglessOne 

Noooo, not a casualty! 😖 I hope Painted gets you squared away quickly and painlessly! 

All of these are gorgeous 😍 I'm particularly drawn to We All Scream and Monday Lisa, purple and teal always capture my gaze and my heart 💕

@RGbrown  Unfortunately the broken bottle was a tri-thermal (Regal AF) that's now sold out. 😞 If the bottle wasn't so badly broken, I'd try salvaging the polish—but that'd require an empty clean polish bottle with a wide brush, plus a small funnel (easy enough to acquire; I probably even have a couple laying around at home) and maybe extra steel mixing balls. And really, I should buy these things anyway, if for no other reason than a repeat of this scenario. Anyway, since there might be tiny glass shards in this polish, I'm calling it unusable. We'll see what Painted can do for me. 

We All Scream's warm state looks very coral in some people's nail swatch photos, but not on my nails in person. The purple cold state is very accurate, though. 💜 Also, Monday Lisa looks very green—like, kelly green—in people's swatch photos, yet it's much more teal in person. Maybe all the flakes make the green crelly base pull teal, I dunno, but getting a bottle of teal instead of green was a very pleasant surprise! 

If you ever decide to fall down a rabbit hole of nail polish supplies, TKB trading is a fun site to browse. Heck, I need to hop over there one day and pick up some suspension base...I bought some shimmer pigments to mix into some of my existing polishes, but they're too heavy and just fall to the bottom and now the mixing balls are stuck in the gloopy mess that settled out 😖😂 I knew glitter would do that, but for some reason I thought powder pigments would mix better. Ah well, lesson learned. 

Their deluxe brushes are wide, but not paddle, unfortunately, and I bought small bottles so I don't think I can even try one of my g&g brushes to see if they'd fit (note to self...double check that!). If I ever fill all these bottles and need more, I'll probably look elsewhere (or at least buy full size ones next time so I can experiment with brushes I already have).

And oh no on the polish! With small makers, you never know, perhaps they have a couple extras laying around just for this; I know PPU and HHC do that, so maybe at least some of the brands operate similarly. I've got my fingers crossed for you! 

ETA: went to TKB and realized part of why I skipped the suspension base last time, their shipping is insane, something like $12 for a $6/5oz bottle (they'll only ship it FedEx ground, whereas everything else I ordered last time shipped with a much cheaper option, I don't remember what it was, but it was something like $6-7 shipping total). Glitter Unique has suspension base for a comparable price but with much cheaper shipping. Not that you even mentioned wanting suspension base...I'm just off on my rabbit hole tangent. 🤣

@RGbrown  Haha, now I'm seriously considering suspension base... but good grief, not from TKB at that shipping rate. 😮 I'll poke around their site for other things, though, and do a little comparison shopping around the interwebs. Hope your next experiment works out! 

The mail and UPS both ran, and surprise, my two shipped Zoya orders were two days early, plus I got my Painted Polish order and a few OPIs from Ulta 😯 Now I have a busy afternoon of swatching, labeling, and swapping out brushes ahead of me, woohoo!

IMG_20220623_132153990.jpg

Wow! Such an amazing haul @RGbrown ! They all look so beautiful! I am anxious to see your creations with them! 😍😍😍😍

@RGbrown Look at all of those fun treaties!

@CookieGirl1 @WinglessOne @itsfi @Titian06 

Thanks y'all, am excited to play! Hopefully will have time for a quick mani later tonight 🤞 Zoya order 3 shipped today as well, so I gotta move a few out quickly 😂

Wow, @RGbrown, great haul!

@RGbrown  I think 2 of my Zoya and 1 Painted Polish orders also arrived: I’ve got packages waiting for me in my building’s package room. Hooray! Looking forward to your swatches! 

@RGbrown - Looking forward to you modeling these colors for us! 💖💖💖  Enjoy your new goodies!

@RGbrown, your busy afternoon means a viewing party in the near future for all these pretty polishes! 💅

Extra 20% off remaining sale items at What's Up! Code EXTRA valid through the 28th. After my Zoya overindulgence, I'll have to be a bit more selective, but I'll probably grab a polish or two 😁

Screenshot_20220623-114212.png

And Butter is up at GMAdeals! Lotsa nail stuff, singles and sets, and some makeup too. Free ship at $30 this time. @WinglessOne I'm suddenly reminded you got some of the Lippies last time and am curious what you thought!

Screenshot_20220623-120603.png

@RGbrown  Yep, I bought 2 purple Butter Lippie liquid lipsticks this year. They both perform quite well! I reviewed them in one of the monthly hauls threads; I’ll look for that list k [EDIT: how the heck was "list k" my phone's autocorrection of "post"] later when I’m at my laptop instead of phone. The dark purple one is a bit patchy but workable. Both shades apply opaque in 2-3 coats. Neither shade bleeds or feathers badly  on me, and they’re minimally sticky. And they both hold up well to cups of coffee. They’re no L'Absolu Lacquer, but they’re nice. 

I have lip swatches in my BIC photo album but can’t access that via phone. Don’t wanna upload a duplicate photo to BIC/Lithium so I’ll post swatches when I’m home again.  

EDIT: found my May hauls post via phone. 😀 Includes review & lip swatches. https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Magnetic-May-Hauls-2022/m-p/6184844/highlight/true#M2080...

@WinglessOne 

No bleeding? Nice! I wish I could remember which shade I tried now, I think it was a deep burgundy or plum (something dark, I remember that much) and it made a freaking mess nearly immediately. I'm happy to hear these two are much better!! 

3 Replies
testing