Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

One of my favorite times of year is here...gardenia season 🌼 I have a hard time finding gardenia scented stuff I like, they're either too strong or just off, but the scent of blooming gardenias near my patio is simply divine 💕 Not that this mani is gardenia related at all, other than I discovered it's tough to show off both my nails and a floppy gardenia bloom all at once 😂

IMG_20220529_142517106_HDR.jpg

BCB Lacquer Poor Unfortunate Souls (HHC Feb 22)

The official description is a violet base with pink shimmer and purple + red + teal flakies. If the base really is violet, it's very sheer, my impression was that it's clear. I'm also having a hard time seeing the pink shimmer, but maybe it's serving a different purpose like subtle brightening or something, not meant to be prominent...and honestly, that's neither here there to me, as this polish is stunning no matter what may be in it.

This is my first polish from this brand, and I picked it up for two reasons:

1. Purple and red is my fave combo (and throw some teal in too? Heck yeah)

2. Little Mermaid theme

And...it has totally put BCB on my radar as a brand I'm willing to bet looks even better in person and that I'll be watching out for more of, much like my crush on Night Owl. The concentration of flakies in a seemingly nonexistent base was superb; this only took two coats for full coverage, and it's smooth after only one coat of topcoat. The end result is a fantastical shiny finish, almost chrome like. As another plus, the brush is my favorite kind, paddle style. While I hate to throw hyperbole such as "favorite polish ever" around, this is definitely on my all time faves list! 

Rogue Lacquer The Human World It's A Mess (HHC Feb 22)

Rogue was running a Disney Villains theme, and I couldn't resist the overlap of Ursula from The Little Mermaid when I picked this one up at the same time as the BCB above 🧜‍♀️ This is a red crelly with red bar glitter and scattered holo flakies. Very pretty polish, though it does not have the same "omg I love it" effect on me that BCB did. Paddle style brush as well. Honestly can't remember if I did two or three coats now though, oops. 

For good measure, another shot of my nails!

IMG_20220528_165619127.jpg

And what the heck, another gardenia shot, showing off the heart shaped hole in the leaf 💚

IMG_20220529_141955001_HDR.jpg

Gorgeous @RGbrown!!! Your nails and the gardenia! 😍😍😍 I was not a fan of gardenia scents for the longest time - too heady for me, but have come around as I’ve gotten older. I’ve always loved real gardenias though. ♥️

@itsfi 

Good gardenia scented stuff can be hard to find! I picked up one of Aldi's gardenia candles last year (maybe two years ago now? 🤔 ), and it's so strong, it gives me a headache...I can only burn it a little here and a little there. I was wearing a mask when I bought it, so I greatly underestimated how strong it was lol. Then I had some samples of Armani Light di Gioia, and they were amazing, light and fresh, somewhat citrusy with a soft gardenia underlay, and it was amazing so I bought a full size...and I swear, they forgot to add the gardenia to this batch 😕

@RGbrown, I completely hear you about overly strong gardenia fragrances. I'll have to try that Armani one you mentioned; I do like a few of the ones in that collection. The gardenia perfume that changed things for me was the Gucci Flora Emerald Gardenia and somewhat recently the Flora by Gucci. I'm still always just a little cautious when it comes to gardenia perfumes but I don't run away from them now. 

Both shades are awesome @RGbrown 

Thank you @makeitup305! 💜❣️

@RGbrown  I almost bought Poor Unfortunate Souls during that HHC. Glad you picked it up; it's beautiful! Also love the gardenia. 

@WinglessOne 

Thanks so much! ❣️

Gorgeous mani and gorgeous gardenia @RGbrown ! I can understand why you needed to show it to us. I can almost smell it from here! I have a gardenia plant but I need to change it because it doesn’t like the location. It hasn’t grown for years and it looks so ugly. But it doesn’t fail to gift me a couple of flowers every year. I also have a dwarf variety that, for some reason, looks amazing and has grown so much! I need to move the big one close to the dwarf one and see... Anyway, your mani looks amazing and the colors very appropriate for Memorial Day weekend! Enjoy!

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! 

Definitely save the gardenia! They are so worth the effort 💕

I will try my best @RGbrown , because I really like It! 

@RGbrown Such a unique and beautiful mani!

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! I'm super happy with how this one came out ❣️

Wow!  Beautiful pic and BCB nail color, @RGbrown ! 😍  I like the red, but the purple with the red and teal flakies is gorgeous! 💜💚  I love the gardenia pic; they're really pretty, but the scent gives me a migraine.  Fortunately, I don't think they grow this far north (or not very well). 🙃

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! 

Aw, that's a shame that gardenias give you migraines. I can see it though, they are quite strong at their peak, so I guess it's good thing they aren't suited to your climate!

Londontown direct is 25% off site wide through May 30, 2022, with code MDW25.

Speaking of Memorial Day weekend sales: 

butter-memorialdaysale - 1.jpeg

Offer terms: 

*30% Off Sitewide: Offer valid online only at butterlondon [dot] com through May 30, 2022 at 11:59 pm PST or while supplies last. To redeem, enter code MEMDAY at checkout. Excludes all bundles and kits. Promo code does not add additional free items to order or cart. Cannot be combined with any other promotional codes. butter LONDON reserves the right to remove items from an order if unavailable. butter LONDON reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time without notice. 

Thank you for the heads-up @WinglessOne !! 

Trialing some of my new LynBDesigns thermals. 2 coats of each shade unless otherwise noted. 

Left hand.Left hand.
Shade names, notes, and an ombre photo: 
Spoiler
Nails & fingertips are wet, hence any water droplets. You'll see Oh Book (on my thumb) in ombre action in one of my right hand photos.Nails & fingertips are wet, hence any water droplets. You'll see Oh Book (on my thumb) in ombre action in one of my right hand photos.
Thumb - Oh Book! The most obvious thermal shift of this group, packed with pink, green, purple, and turquoise shifting flakes. I bought this with topper possibilities in mind, but I also like it as a solo shade. 

Index - Honey Mustard Vibes. Its cold state happens to be one of my favorite shades of blue. That and the copper and red violet flakes convinced me I was wrong to leave it behind the first time I ordered from LynB. I’m glad I went back for it. 

Middle - A Little Nonsense. The sparkly fuchsia flip of shimmer + flakes is strong in both warm and cold states. Also has lots of gold flakes and shimmer, with some green flakes popping up now and then. This one’s fun! 

Ring - Lilac Festival. The most subtle thermal shift of this group, loaded with silver and purple micro glitter that’s not in-your-face sparkly or super subtle. 

Pinky - You Really Are a Bozo. In addition to orange, red violet, and purple flakes, it has a scattered holo shimmer. The warm state’s supposed to be transparent but it’s a pale blue on me, probably because my fingers are often at least a bit chilly. I’ll still try it as a topper though. 

Right hand.Right hand.
Shade names, notes, and an ombre photo: 
Spoiler
nails-2022-May-28-ombre-R.jpeg

Thumb - Oh Book! Kinda weird that both thumbs look like they have a bare patch in the cold state photos. Those patches aren't visible in real life. Maybe, during photos, another finger contacted my thumbs and warmed up those patches... huh. 

Index - Smart Potato. The squishiest looking cream I’ve ever seen in person. I’m almost convinced it’s really a crelly, though it behaves like a cream during application. I LOVE this shade (warm or cold) + finish. But I’ll redo this nail in a few minutes: stray lint got stuck in it during dry-down; when I tried to remove it, I smudged polish off the tip; then I gunked up the tip trying to fix the smudge. 🙄 It bothers me enough to strip this nail bare and reapply Smart Potato. (Applying over what exists would further amplify the messy nail tip.) 

Middle - Amok! An iridescent shimmer that thermal-shifts from pearl oyster to abalone shell. It has a lavender shift even in its cold state. I love this shade much more than I thought I would. 

Ring - Mighty Mac. It’s supposed to be nearly white in its warm state, but it’s always some shade of green on me—and I’m okay with that. It shifts deeper green when cold. That’s also when its copper shimmer is most evident. I’ll do 3 coats next time I wear it. 

Pinky - 1 coat of Oh Book over 2 coats of Zoya Yara. Oh Book’s thermal shift is nearly impossible to see atop Yara. But I wanted to know how visible Oh Book’s pale taupe base would be on a dark base color, so I’ll know what to expect if I try it as a topper for lighter shades. I’m about to redo this nail too: I’ll either repeat this look with a lighter base shade, or use Smart Potato + a glittery ILNP topper. I’ll make up my mind in the next 5 minutes. 😄 

@WinglessOne, the ombré on Amok reminds me of the inside of an abalone shell. So pretty.

Wow @WinglessOne !! They are all so beautiful! I also purchased “a little nonsense” and I am happy to see how beautiful it looks on you! The other polishes look gorgeous as well! Great choices. I received the one that they didn’t send in my order (they sent another one instead) Such great customer service!

testing