Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thanks, @RGbrown!  I knew you'd have at least some kind of input on the possible sales 🙂

@CookieGirl1 

I'm always happy to help enable, especially when a deal is involved! 😂

Fun little find at TJM today...Deborah Lippmann for $4 and $4.99! 💕

Shades are Wow (chrome) and I'm Coming Out (charcoal with a smattering of pink and blue shimmer)

IMG_20220526_144858962.jpg

Wow! What a deal! Beautiful shades @RGbrown !!

@Saradestin 

@Cissy63 

Thanks so much! I love a great deal!💕

@RGbrown  That’s a good score! 

What a score @RGbrown! 😍

@itsfi @Titian06 

Thanks y'all! I was thrilled to find these; I've got a few DL's and really like them, but not enough to pay $20 a bottle 🚫 I love a good deal though! 

Congratulations on your find, @RGbrown ! 🥳

This has been holding up pretty well. 😁 

5.20.2022 Dubs.jpg

5.20.2022 Dubs 2.jpg

All color polishes are OPI Infinite Shine.

Base color: Marigolden Hour is a warm, orange leaning yellow polish; took 3 coats for full opacity. It looks a lot more yellow in the bottle and photos.

Nail art: Done with a dotting tool. Alpine Snow for middle of flowers, and two different blue polishes for the petals, though it's almost impossible to know that just by the photos. The variances in the blue are a slightly easier to distinguish in person.

• Tile Art to Warm Your Heart is the lighter of the two colors, a mid-tone royal blue.
  • Ring In the Blue Year, a deep cobalt blue, is the polish on the flower closest to the nail tip.

such a cute mani @itsfi !

@makeitup305, thank you! 😊 This was a fun one! 

Awww, @itsfi, those are just happy summer colors 💛

@CookieGirl1, they are, aren't they?! I'm looking forward to summer.

@itsfi  This is adorable! I was thinking "how'd she get Marigolden Hour to look so yellow?" 😄 Visually/mentally adjusting for that shade's in-person appearance, I still love your happy sunny mani. 

@WinglessOne, thank you. Oh my goodness. OPI Marigolden Hour seems to photographs more yellow in every light and setting. I tried adjusting the color on my iPhone to see if I could get the polish to pick up at least some of the orange, but nope. At one point I adjusted the exposure as far as I could and that did the best job of picking up the orange (but by no means truly capturing it) - in exchange for that, the extreme adjustment made my skin glow fluorescent red. 😂🤣😂 

I was checking BIC while waiting for my bags, and before leaving the parking garage, I took this photo in the car, with flash.

with flashwith flash

This is as close as I can get to showing how the polish leans orange without making my skin look like it's radioactive. ha! Now it just looks like I have a tan. 

@itsfi  Ah, now that's closer to the Marigolden Hour my nails have known. I usually describe it as kinda like American cheese color, just a touch yellower. 🧡💛 

And I totally hear you about iPhone photo adjustments. Most of the time, I correct temperature and color values on my laptop via Photos (I stopped my Photoshop subscription some time ago and miss it) instead of messing with it on my phone. It's a lot easier for me that way, what with a larger suite of adjustment settings/tools—though I wish Apple had kept perspective correction in MacOS Photos, like they did for iOS Photos. And this reminds me that I still have the free Photoshop Express app on my iPhone... I haven't used it in a long time, so I don't remember if it offers better color correction tools than iOS Photos. I do remember using it a lot on my iPad for collages. Noting to self to play with it again this weekend. 

@itsfi So pretty and cheerful! 

@Mellmars1185, thank you. Flowers and a bright base definitely makes for a cheerful pairing. 

Oh these are so beautiful!!! I love the yellow 🥰and your flowers are just adorable @itsfi 🌻🌻

Thank you @Cissy63! I love the brightness and cheer of the yellow polish. 

testing