Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@CookieGirl1, they are, aren't they?! I'm looking forward to summer.

@itsfi  This is adorable! I was thinking "how'd she get Marigolden Hour to look so yellow?" 😄 Visually/mentally adjusting for that shade's in-person appearance, I still love your happy sunny mani. 

@WinglessOne, thank you. Oh my goodness. OPI Marigolden Hour seems to photographs more yellow in every light and setting. I tried adjusting the color on my iPhone to see if I could get the polish to pick up at least some of the orange, but nope. At one point I adjusted the exposure as far as I could and that did the best job of picking up the orange (but by no means truly capturing it) - in exchange for that, the extreme adjustment made my skin glow fluorescent red. 😂🤣😂 

I was checking BIC while waiting for my bags, and before leaving the parking garage, I took this photo in the car, with flash.

with flashwith flash

This is as close as I can get to showing how the polish leans orange without making my skin look like it's radioactive. ha! Now it just looks like I have a tan. 

@itsfi  Ah, now that's closer to the Marigolden Hour my nails have known. I usually describe it as kinda like American cheese color, just a touch yellower. 🧡💛 

And I totally hear you about iPhone photo adjustments. Most of the time, I correct temperature and color values on my laptop via Photos (I stopped my Photoshop subscription some time ago and miss it) instead of messing with it on my phone. It's a lot easier for me that way, what with a larger suite of adjustment settings/tools—though I wish Apple had kept perspective correction in MacOS Photos, like they did for iOS Photos. And this reminds me that I still have the free Photoshop Express app on my iPhone... I haven't used it in a long time, so I don't remember if it offers better color correction tools than iOS Photos. I do remember using it a lot on my iPad for collages. Noting to self to play with it again this weekend. 

@itsfi So pretty and cheerful! 

@Mellmars1185, thank you. Flowers and a bright base definitely makes for a cheerful pairing. 

Oh these are so beautiful!!! I love the yellow 🥰and your flowers are just adorable @itsfi 🌻🌻

Thank you @Cissy63! I love the brightness and cheer of the yellow polish. 

Too cute, @itsfi ! 🥳  I absolutely love your mani! 💛💙🤍

Thank you @Titian06! I have been known to stick to a handful of polishes or within certain color families, so it's been nice branching out. I think I'll be playing with more blue and yellow mani's in the future as well. 💙💛

@itsfi 

Love love love the yellow and blue combo, and the flowers are the perfect accent! 💙💛

Thank you @RGbrown! I'm getting more comfortable with this dotting tool. 💅 Working my way through my yellows and blues too - love the pairing. Haven't decluttered any more since the ones during the beginning of the year - ha!

So cute @itsfi !! I love this mani! It is so beautiful! 😍😍😍😍😍😍 The colors you used are perfection! 💛💙💛💙

Awww, thank you @Saradestin! Appreciate your kind words. The colors really work well together. 💛💙💛💙

@itsfi That is so cute!!

Thank you @Samtian! Didn't have time to get flowers for the house so I put them on my nails instead. 😂 💐

@itsfi  so cute! Love!

@AMK721, thank you! It gives me some extra spring / summer vibes.

@itsfi pretty 💛💙 love the flowers 🌼

@Skunk12puzzola, thank you. I've gotten more comfortable with the dotting tool over the years; well, for certain designs, at least.

My second set of dip powder nails that I did myself. Very happy with the results 💅

Pink dip.jpg

1 Reply
testing