Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@Titian06 you can keep the rain! 😂

Trying Mooncat Wings of Fate today, which is gorgeous. I took pictures after every coat. 

1st1st1st1st

2nd2nd2nd2nd

3rd plus top coat3rd plus top coat3rd plus topcoat3rd plus topcoat

My nails and cuticles are looking rough right now but I love this color.

This is such an interesting polish @makeitup305! Beautiful colors in this polish!!

@makeitup305, love your photos of the different coats. I was mesmerized by the pretty pale purple shade and then saw that shift. Wow! Beautiful.

@makeitup305  Wow! So pretty. Even at one coat it’s gorgeous!

Beautiful!!! 😍😍😍😍 I love it so much @makeitup305! from the first to the third coat, all spectacular! 

@makeitup305  That's a beautiful shade, even as a single sheer coat. 

@makeitup305 

That is stunning! 💖

@makeitup305 - This color is so pretty! 😍  It looks good after every coat.  I like that you took the individual pics--it really shows the progression. 💖

@Titian06 I love this one, even at one coat, for a more translucent shift. 2 and 3 were pretty close in person, 3 just made it a little deeper. 

@makeitup305 I agree, this is a pretty shade....I don't know why, but it almost looks like a magical color 🦄🌠🤩

@Skunk12puzzola It's super fun, I has a ton of different shifts depending on the light, plus lots of sparkles.

Zoya deal!

BOGO all polishes (color, not base/top etc) plus free wide brush, thru Sunday, code BGME

zoya bogo my 22.png

@RGbrown  I went straight to my Zoya wish list as soon as I saw that email, and I'm trying to convince myself I'd rather hold my polish budget for more interesting things from other brands... but... free wide brushes... this would be a good time to try a pixie dust shade since I'd get it for free, which would make me feel better about testing a very textured polish that might end up annoying me. 😂 I might have to take advantage. 

About the Ultra Glossy Seal Top Coat, if anyone's considering it to get free shipping: I recommend letting your polish dry for at least 30 minutes before applying this top coat. I usually apply top coat 10-20 minutes after polish, but this top coat always drags polish off my nails, regardless of polish brand or type. I'm not often patient enough to wait 30+ minutes, so I use this top coat only on "bare nails" (base coat + top coat) days and to re-top a manicure later in the week (to make my nails glossy again). Your results may vary. 

@WinglessOne 

I hear ya on wanting to hold your money for more unique offerings elsewhere! Zoya makes some great basics for sure, but I've got plenty of basics these days. If they're gonna charge me shipping no matter what, I want a large cart to minimize the cost per bottle...but I don't need a bunch of new Zoyas right now. I think I've got 3-4 pixies left on my list to complete the ones I want, but eh, I can wait. 

If you do try a pixie, I hope you love it! They really are fun (if you can handle the texture).

@RGbrown I just looked up the pixie textured shades and I got the shivers from thinking of running my fingers through my hair or it getting snagged on something. Idk if I can do it lol

@makeitup305 

If you're up for trying one, they are sooooo much fun (to me, at least)! Zoya has three types, the original (typically simply called "matte textured" in the description), Magical, and Ultra. I'm not sure of the difference between Magical and Ultra, but those two seem to get their texture from just a glitter overload (I've got Thea, a Magical one, and there's none of the sandy texture that I can tell, it's just large glitter in a crelly base). The originals though is where the magic is at for me, they've got this sandy finish that feels really neat. I don't find them sharp enough to really catch on anything, and it wears down a little after a day or two, but they tend to wear really well even without topcoat, and they are super easy to touch up if you want or need to fix a chip because the texture helps hides the lines. They've got a matte finish, but also have small glitter to amp up the interest with some sparkle. I tend to leave them bare, but adding a topcoat can really change the look as well. If you ever had an OPI Liquid Sand (which I also love), these are the Zoya equivalent 💕

@RGbrown I don’t want to look!! 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈😅

@Saradestin 

I know the feeling! Throwing in the free wide brushes makes it a bit more tempting (but I'm still going to pass, hopefully 😅)

First up of my Mooncat polishes- Ocean Lies. I don't love this one. I did two coats (it probably needed 3) and it doesn't look at all like the promo picture. In direct sunlight it looks mostly teal and light green with some yellow sparkle and a slight pink shift. Indoors and with my phone flash it looks like a blue-ish gray with a pink shift. It's very unique but not very flattering on me. it was hard to get the shifts on camera.

20220518_203430.jpg20220519_110200.jpg

@makeitup305  Oooo I like this one too! Not sure why but I’ve been obsessed with light blues lately! This one is perfection!! 

testing