Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@WinglessOne I think a lot of us have that one polish that can "save" almost anything 🙂

@CookieGirl1  Yep, probably. 😂 

@WinglessOne  Definitely like eclipse as well!! And I like how you didn’t strip the other nails. How are they lasting? Did adding more make them more prone to chip?

@ather  So far, I've had no chips. I didn't even have any chips before I covered those 8 nails with KA, and the original mani's now 4-5 days old. And I even used a different base coat on a couple nails than my newly-usual Butter Horse Power base coat: I found my old bottle of Londontown Kur ridge filler and put it on my thumbs because they'd both peeled at one corner. (My thumb nails are always problematic.) Ridge filler hides the thinned nail section on both nails. Hopefully I'll get at least another day or 2 out of this mani. By then, my new LynB polishes might be here and I'll be ready to remove everything and play with new stuff. 

Before I add polish atop an existing mani, I always wipe those nails with an alcohol pad/wipe or a cotton swab soaked in alcohol, just to remove any oils, hand cream, etc. from the nail surface. I'm surprised the Glisten & Glow top coat doesn't throw a fit when I do that, since hand sanitizers (eh, the ones I use) beat up that top coat. But as long as I don't add more than 2 coats of any polish atop an existing mani, and use just 1 coat of additional top coat, everything holds up fine. Especially if I remember to re-cap my nail tips. 

@WinglessOne  Wow that’s amazing!! I’ve buffed the top coat off a little or scratched it a bit than added another coat but never directly on top. I’ll have to try that!! 

@ather  Yeah, you should be able to add another coat of top coat or polish directly over existing top coat. As long as you make sure there’s no oil or other substance the way. A friend of mine uses white vinegar instead of rubbing alcohol, which I guess would also work. I like alcohol because it doesn’t leave my nails wet. 

Wow those are beautiful @WinglessOne! I love how you changed the look of your many so easily by applying the topper. Both versions look amazing! 😍😍😍 I have Eclipse and it is definitely one of my favorite polishes. Keratoconus Awareness looks spectacular!! 

Thanks @Saradestin ! Of the Cupcakes I own, KA is one of my faves. I remember your Eclipse photos. 🙂 It's such a great shade, especially for "not your basic red mani" looks. 

Great colors and combinations, @WinglessOne ! 🥰  I really like Keratoconus Awareness. ❤

Thank you @Titian06 ! 

China Glaze Spoil Me Royal

Bright purple with ultra fine shimmer that comes fairly close to almost looking metallic/chrome. I'm not sure it's a terribly unique polish, but it's just so dang pretty. Easy two coater, plenty of working time to adjust brush strokes in the second coat as you see fit without disturbing the first coat below it.

Lyn B Designs Social Season

White crelly loaded with flakies, mostly purple and green, but I see a bit of pink and blue too. I think a few are holo as well, but not many. Three coater because the white base is a bit sheer, but it wasn't fussy about it. 

IMG_20220522_141715274_HDR.jpg

look at that purple! stunning @RGbrown !

@makeitup305 

Thank you! It is a truly gorgeous one 💜

Just a wonderful color 💜💜.  The nails are beautiful @RGbrown 🥰

@Cissy63 

Thanks so much! Purple is always a favorite of mine 💜

Ohhhhh, me likey. Me likey a lot. I just added both shades to my list. I'm not always up for a white crelly but this one looks lovely - I see the pink flakies; a pretty compliment to the darker purples and greens. That CG purple definitely goes onto the list ... because, well, it's purple - and, a stunning one at that! Do I have something similar? Probably. But it's still going on my list! 😂

@itsfi 

They are both great ones to add to the list! I'm not sure the CG color is terribly unique, but it was sooo nice to apply, super easy, and the finish was very well done. A basic purple that'll be a dependable polish is always welcome! The Lyn B one is just plain fun! I hear ya on white, but this was a nice one, one of the smoothest whites I've ever used. 

@RGbrown, the smoothness of the Lyn B white crelly is what stands out for me the most. It might just be me, but white crelly always seem to be an exercise in patience and using a careful hand to apply razor thin layers. Otherwise, it just goes on and looks ... gloopy and glompy (I don't know if those words are actually real ones). Will definitely check it out. 

Purple polishes, like red ones, fall into that "can you really ever have too many? I think not!" category. 😂🤣😂 I'm fine if those colors within my nail polish collection start to resemble the Kelly Moore paint swatch displays. 😉

@RGbrown fun combo!

Thank you @CookieGirl1💖

@RGbrown  That purple is so pretty!! The other reminds me of cookies and cream but maybe birthday cake flavour 🤣

testing