Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@makeitup305  Whew, I'm glad a 3rd coat got you closer to what you wanted. With some Mooncat shades, 3 coats are necessary for full impact unless you apply over a base color. Same goes for some ILNP shades, for me anyway; I'll do 4 coats of some of those. Some Cupcake shades also really need 3 coats for full effect. I suspect the Mooncat promo photos for this shade show 3-4 coats and/or a base color. I do wish all polish brands would note that on their photos, so we'd all know what to expect before buying. 

I love the way this shade looks on your nails, especially that intense shift over the black base! What happened with the polish disagreeing with the base coat? I can't tell there's anything funky going on in your photos. Did you get some bubbles, or maybe streaking, or did the brush drag some base color off your nail(s)...? 

And hooray for Mooncat's customer service team! Good to know they're quick on the draw and aim to please. 🙂 

@WinglessOne I agree! You're right about the ILNP, too, although I use those a lot as toppers and didn't remember that. I think it should be in the description somewhere to help newbies like me. The polish just moved my base color (the white and the black) a bit, kind of picked it up and moved it, making it a little patchy. It could just be an issue with the formula. Static Nails doesn't seem to like other polishes, it seems to me. It chipped really easily on top of another polish last week, when it usually lasts incredibly well on my nails. I could have also just not let them dry enough since I was just playing around. I'm looking forward to trying more of the shades now that I know what to expect.

@makeitup305 

So pretty! 💚

Yup, definitely different from the promo shots; I've seen a few folks say the same about at least a few of their polishes. I do think a third coat would help get you closer though! I bet it would make a fun topper too

@makeitup305 - I like the color and I think it looks like the pics on the website.  However, the pics on the website look like there are three or four layers of polish with an undercoat of white or beige and the photos were taken with targeted lighting.  In other words, don't judged your effort against a professional!

I think this would look good as a topper on a cream or a sparkly that isn't sparkly enough. 😁

So sad that you are not too happy with that one @makeitup305 . I think it is beautiful but it should have better coverage 😕

@Saradestin I'm going to try it with a third coat and maybe a matte topper and see if I like the look more. The promo photo is definitely misleading though.

It is so frustrating when the pictures are misleading. I hope that the third coat an matte topper takes your mani to where you want it @makeitup305 . 

Today I am wearing a clownish 🤡 looking mani.😁 I did it last nigh and now, with the bright light, I can see how terrible of a job I did! 😅 But moving my hands no one will get to see the defects. Not having tiny brushes or stamping tools makes the task of creating a beautiful mani more challenging.

9A58CE0E-934E-45E1-9FDC-FA22DD5515F8.jpeg8EBA00F1-2FE9-445B-B6E2-E6FFDA26C679.jpeg

How fun is this mani @Saradestin?!! You did a fabulous job. Love it. 

Thank you so much @itsfi ! It came out so colorful and fun! 😁

@Saradestin  I think these look perfect! I love neons!!

Thank you so much @ather ! 🤗🤗 I also love neons, and I literately played with them in this fun mani! 😁

@Saradestin So fun! I love how creative you have been with this set!

Thank you @Mellmars1185 ! And there is so much I would love to do but I don’t have good detailed brushes. These polishes are so beautiful and intense! The possibilities are never ending!

@Saradestin this is not terrible at all, it's actually very cute and fun 😘💕

Thank you sweet @Skunk12puzzola ! I find it fun for sure! 

@Saradestin It looks great!  I love neons 🙂

I love neons as well @CookieGirl1! And this mani came out pretty fun looking! 

@Saradestin 

Clownish what?!? It's fun and bright and absolutely perfect! 💖

Thank you @RGbrown !! You are so kind! 😘😘😘 But clowns also pretend to be fun 😜 Kidding! 

@Saradestin  Terrible? All I see is fun, playful, and (to me) a more visually interesting look than perfectly circular dots would've been. I mean I understand wanting crisp shapes, since I'm sometimes like that with stripes and drive myself nuts painting them without vinyls. But I love the look of your manicure. 

testing