Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thank you @MvLL  sweetie! 😘😘

@Saradestin 

That CG topper is sooooo much fun, easily one of my faves ever 💖 It looks fabulous over the aqua! 😍 💙💚

I'm gonna need you to staaahhhp it with the beach pics though, they're doing nothing but inciting jealousy and sadness. 🤣 (Ok, totally kidding, more gorgeous Destin pics are always welcome!) 🏖🌊🐚💕

I can understand @RGbrown! I am sorry 😅😅🤭

I picked up the mini set of the China Glaze Dippin Dots Collection that RGBrown posted about last week and was inspired by a neon French mani I spied on pinterest, though my take here is a much more simple version of it (much. more. simple. 😆). 

5.15.2022 CG Lemon Ice.jpg

French mani: Essie Mademoiselle as base color (one coat) and China Glaze Lemon Ice (2 coats, but the first one took me about 4 swipes on each fingertip for opacity and shape). 

Pinky finger: CG Lemon Ice (2 coats) - sadly, my pic doesn't pick up the neon or shimmer in polish. 😞 IRL it shimmers neon yellow. This is a fun one - thank you @RGbrown for letting us know about that set.

Nail art: CG Lemon Ice + OPI Alpine SnowI wanted to try something different than a dotting tool for the petals. It's been a while and my rustiness with the brush shows, but after starting over twice on the design on both fingers here, I just left it as is. Will have to work on it some more.  

@itsfi  I love this!! You did such an amazing job!

Oh this is so cute!!love it @itsfi !!

What a cute design @itsfi ! I love it!

@makeitup305, thank you! The bright, neon yellow can't help but bring about a smile. It's so cheerful.

This is so BEAUTIFUL @itsfi!!! I love it so much!! I don’t know what it is but it brings happiness to me just to look at it! I might copy it some day! 💛💛💛💛💛

Awww, thank you @Saradestin😀 I think the colors just bring a pleasant brightness to the mani! It's such a bright neon yellow, full of cheer. This design would look fabulous on your pretty nails. 

I love your neon French mani, @itsfi ! 🥰💛  The flowers (daisies?) are great! 🌻🌷

Thank you @Titian06😁 The neon yellow and the daisy flowers really made a bright, happy pair.

@itsfi 

Oh.My.Goodness these are flippin' adorable! I love your take on the neon french tip, and the flowers are *chef's kiss* 🌼💛

(I totally get that whole "they don't look how I wanted them to" train of thought, been there done that many times lol, but they look fantastic and perfect for this!)

Time has been wearing away at my resolve to order the yellow whenever it becomes available at Beyond Polish, but dang if this isn't getting me excited to get it eventually. Gorgeous! 

You're so kind @RGbrown! Thank you! It's been a while since I've done a flower design that's not just a bunch of dots. Need to practice more. I might try something similar with nail stamps. Ohhh, the neon yellow in the CG collection is really pretty. I support completing the collection with it. 😉

Beyond Polish - my cart gets more and more full every time I hop onto that site "just to take a peek" - hahaha!

What is going on over at Lyn B? Not that I'm complaining (who complains about a sale? 😅), but it seems weird that they're doing 50% again, right after the last one. I haven't tried the code yet, but I'm making an assumption it's off all polish like it was last time, code CUSTOMS, now through the 17th!

Screenshot_20220513-163229.png

@RGbrown  I chuckled when I got the promo email: 

VOTM = Vampire of the Month, one of LynB's collections. HHC = Hella Handmade Creations, an indie brand collaborative retail event kinda similar to Polish Pickup but longer lasting.VOTM = Vampire of the Month, one of LynB's collections. HHC = Hella Handmade Creations, an indie brand collaborative retail event kinda similar to Polish Pickup but longer lasting.

So... basically, everything's on sale? 😄 I haven't tested the code on a cart yet, though there are a couple polishes I might pick up that I skipped last time. 

@WinglessOne 

It didn't work on the Man Of Mystery bags when I tried a cart last night (nor did it work on a tshirt, but I didn't expect it to, just kinda hoped it might have slipped through lol), but yeah, there seem to be very few exclusions. I'm tempted by some of those new customs, but I think I'm gonna skip this go 'round. Maybe it'll swing back again next month 😅

@RGbrown  Aw, bummer it didn't work on the Man of Mystery bags. I almost added one to cart but stopped myself, so I didn't test the code with it. And I forgot about the shirts... good thing the code doesn't work on those, or I'd go back and place another order tonight. 🤣 I wonder how many more of these half-off sales LynB will have. In the time I've stalked this brand, I don't recall back-to-back sales like this. Huh. 

I meant to order just a few polishes: Mighty Mac and Lilac Festival because I'm a Michigan-born girl; Honey Mustard Vibes because I talked myself out of it last time but still wanted it; and Smart Potato because I want a cream thermal to play with. But then I stupidly looked at the Sticker collection (which I'd avoided before) and couldn't decide between 2 shades, and had a similar crisis over 2 more Thankful Thermals shades (one of which I skipped last time), and then I revisited the shade A Little Nonsense and yeah, that's a good description of my final sale cart. So much for slowing my polish-buying roll. 🤦‍♀️ 

I am like you @WinglessOne , “A Little Nonsense” went to my cart as well! 😁 I didn’t have any thermal nail polishes so I ended up with three 😅

@Saradestin  Oh, you're in for a fun treat with thermals! I hope you like the shades you bought, and can't wait to see A Little Nonsense on your nails. 🙂 

@WinglessOne I have fallen in love with the ones you have shared with us so @RGbrown is guilty of bringing this deal to my attention and you are guilty of moving me into the thermals. This purchase is because of you two and I am so excited about it so THAN YOU SO MUCH! 😘😘

1 Reply
testing