Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown - PURPLE! 💜💜💜  I love these colors--they're gorgeous! 🥰

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! There's just something about purple...it's always a great choice 💜

@RGbrown - LOVE purples!

@eshores 

Purple is the best!! 💜

@RGbrown 

You can say that again! These are gorgeous; I'll have to see which ones I don't have already. Ha!

Today's mission: use alllllllll the mini bottles! Fortunately I was able to split them into two sets that work pretty well together. I've got one more mini left, but it didn't quite work with these, and it's lined up for another upcoming mani anyways, so yay for getting them out of the way!

I have a love-hate relationship with minis...the size is great for me as someone who uses a lot of polish but doesn't repeat colors all that often and will probably never finish a bottle, but the brushes are often terrible. Never say never and all that, but I don't think I'll ever buy another mini from CG or OPI. Sephora has a good brush, but the handle is microscopic at three quarters of an inch long, which can be awkward to handle neatly with wet nails. Butter isn't bad as long as it has their wide brush (sadly, this one doesn't). Londontown and Ciate have good brushes, so I wouldn't hesitate to grab more of them in the future.

Left hand

China Glaze Living in the Elmo-ment

A bright red somewhere between strawberry and tomato with a generous pinch of chunky holo glitter. A little rough after one coat of topcoat, this would benefit from either a second coat or a layer of glitter grabber. Easy two coat color, even with the awful brush.

OPI The Sound of Vibrance

Beautiful bright purple with blue shimmer, this one was a bit sheer/fussy/streaky and needed three coats. A better brush might have helped, maybe.

Sephora Yellow Car

A typical yellow, a bit streaky, and the tiny brush handle didn't help. A generous third coat got me mostly good coverage...I can still see a couple of thin spots, but they probably aren't noticeable to anyone else. Fun color though, and not the worst yellow I've ever worked with. 

Londontown Princess Awaits

A sheer, milky soft pink, this has some gold and copper shimmer hiding in it, but the sparkle is subtle. Three very generous coats to try and build up coverage, which was moderately successful. I used it on my least yellow nail...not sure it would look as nice over one that was more stained, but if you like milky sheers, this is a good one...it wasn't terribly streaky or fussy. 

China Glaze Since 1969

Dark charcoal jelly with silver microglitter. Three coats for full coverage, it wasn't fussy, just sheer. Smooth after one coat of topcoat.

IMG_20220127_110142699.jpg

Right hand 

Butter London Peep Hole

Soft sage green metallic, easy two coater even with the small brush. 

Ciate Cyclone

Brown jelly base with sage shimmer, and I've been surprised to see a bit of a deep rose shift at certain angles. I like this one way more than I thought I would. Three coater, not fussy, just sheer.

IMG_20220127_110041411.jpg

IMG_20220127_110439967_HDR.jpg

@RGbrown  That yellow is so pretty!!

@ather 

Thanks so much! Sephora did a pretty nice job with the formula...if it wasn't for the baby bottle, I'd consider grabbing a few more 💛

@RGbrown That princess awaits is pretty, but sounds like too much work for me.

@Samtian 

It's definitely meant for someone that likes the sheer look...building it up for more coverage is a bit of a chore. It's pretty though!

I love these on you too @RGbrown . Peep hole especially! I have been buying a few Londontown and like em so far but can’t get to that uber glossy glassy look. Any thoughts ? Is it their topcoat or just any you think? ( also learned a ton from you below on removal, thank you! 💞

@Sunnysmom 

Thanks so much!

The only topcoat I use anymore is Glisten & Glow and I've never found a polish it doesn't work well with...it's fabulous stuff that dries super shiny and amazingly fast ❣️ You can get it through their website or over at Cupcake Polish (last I checked, code CPLOVER worked for 20% off too!), and every now and again, it's available at PolishPickUp as well.

If you are wanting a plumper look, maybe closer to gel polish, I've seen folks use a coat of just plain old clear polish before adding topcoat, just to bulk up the thickness a bit. 

Thanks @RGbrown , I will look for that! 🤗That look always sucks me in and I can never get it! 
I continue to learn so much from you as always, you’re the best. 🥰

@Sunnysmom 

Aw shucks, just happy to help 😊

Love mini polishes @RGbrown, but I completely hear ya on the brushes! 😫  Wow, the shift on that brown jelly is beautiful! That makes it a brown polish worth looking into. *makes note to self...

@itsfi 

I wonder if Ciate is getting rid of their polish, or if they are maybe having supplier issues? I went to see if Cyclone made it over to the new formula (I'm fairly certain I remember seeing it before, but I wanted to double check...mine is from an older advent calendar), and their nail section is pretty barren 😥

@RGbrown Great idea to use mini bottles! I think my favourite shade is OPI Sound of Vibrance. All the shades are beautiful on you! 

@Mellmars1185 

I got lucky that I had just the right shades to work fairly well together! That OPI is gorgeous...I almost wish I had a full size (though goodness knows I don't need it lol) 😂

@RGbrown  great descriptions. All the shades are so fun!

@AMK721 

Thanks so much! 💖

@RGbrown - All the colors are great!  I really like your right hand!😍

1 Reply
testing