Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown, the green in this mani jumps out at me, very pretty. 💚 OPI OPI Nails the Runway sounds like it would make a beautiful topper - silver, red, blue and pink shimmers? Oh yes!! I wonder how it would look atop the polishes in this mani. I could see it being an excellent complement to these shades. 

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! I'll have to try to remember to use it as a topper at some point soon 

These are nice, @RGbrown , 💖💖💖 though I'm not crazy about OPI Vesper.

@Titian06 

Vesper is definitely my least favorite as well, especially considering it swatched like this (lone one on the bottom right):

IMG_20220124_162513476.jpg

I know one coat on paper isn't a perfect representation of a color, but I test combos this way pretty frequently and I've never had one change so drastically with a second coat before. There was no hint of muddy brown at all 🤨

@RGbrown - Thanks for sharing your swatch!  That is a gorgeous color!  How disappointing...😞

@RGbrown I'm laughing because I get a weird sort of joy from swatching my polishes on paper and just admiring them 😂.

@CookieGirl1 

I love looking at them this way too 😅 I have swatch sticks for all of my polishes, but still enjoy testing them out this way before a mani...weirdly, I feel like it usually helps me get a better idea (not always though, apparently lol)

@RGbrown Beautiful rainbow!

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! 🌈

More Cupcake? Yes? How about a selection of shifty shades today? Yes, I thought so 😅

The shifts on most these are surprisingly difficult to pick up on film...one is subtle IRL, but the rest are quite vivid, so I collaged a bunch of pics together for this one to show off multiple angles and light sources. I figured 7 pics in one post is a bit much, even for me 😅

Three coats for all, none were fussy, I just don't like visible nail lines and wanted full coverage. 

Right hand:

Keratoconus Awareness (pinky, middle, index) is a red jelly base with green to gold shifting shimmer, and at just the right angle, I can even see a touch of purple. 

LA Lluvia (ring, thumb) is a lavender jelly base with pink/gold/green shifting shimmer

20220123_124523-COLLAGE.jpg

Left hand:

Moongate (thumb, ring) is an aqua jelly with pink to gold shimmer. Three coats, though I swear I must have missed a coat on my ring, as it's still super sheer/visible nail line-y, way moreso than my thumb.

All Tide Up is a dusty lavender/grape, more creamy in texture than the rest, with a subtle teal shimmer. 

20220123_124503-COLLAGE.jpg

@RGbrown - All the colors are great! 💖💖💖  Color combination-wise, I love the aqua and purple on your left hand! 💙💜

@Titian06 

Thank you! It's hard to go wrong with purple and aqua 💖

Oooooh, the base colors and the shift on your right hand is gorgeous @RGbrown! I need to check if I have those in my reds and purples. 🤔 And how can you not love the mermaid vibes from the mani on your left hand?!

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! Cupcake has some lovely shifters! 💖

@RGbrown These shades are so beautiful! I need these!

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! Cupcake has some really nice polishes ❣️

A collection of sparkly Cupcake polishes for today

Right hand, Blue Tourmaline and Garnet

Holo glitter bombs in the best possible way ❣️ Blue tourmaline is filled with blue and green holo glitter (with a pinch of gold maybe?), and Garnet is packed with red and purple holo glitter. Both are stunningly blinding and easy two coaters. 

IMG_20220122_121128515_HDR.jpg

Left hand, Water You Doing? and Plum Perfect

Smooth and easy linear holos with a very vibrant rainbow. If you have a good holo in either of these shades already, I won't say you need them, but if you don't? Cupcake holos are amazingly strong and worth the outlay! Two more easy two coaters.

IMG_20220122_121248149_HDR.jpg

@RGbrown, the Cupcake glitter and holos really come alive in your photos. They really do a nice job with their polishes. Nothing like a little sparkle to brighten up the day. 💅

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! ❣️ Sparkle is always a fun accessory 

@RGbrown Cupcake is such a fabulous brand, I only own one polish but it's seriously one of my favorites. Maybe I'll do a mani in that color

@QueenMarceline 

Yes, Cupcake is amazing! Which one do you have?

@Mellmars1185 

Not to enable, buuuuut...if you do browse their site, CPLOVER takes 20% off. They've also got the Glisten & Glow top coat, if you maybe wanted to try it 😁 Check out their bundles too, they're a great value at $10/bottle instead of $13!

4 Replies
testing