Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Gorgeous 🤗. Love the shape of your nails too @Mellmars1185 

@AMK721 Thank you!

@Mellmars1185, the topper really pairs so beautifully with that pretty navy color! 😍 I can only imagine what your mani looks like IRL if you think the lighting doesn't capture these pretties.

@itsfi Thank you! I was going to call the combo 'Starry Night'. Hehe

That is a perfect name for this beautiful pairing @Mellmars1185😍

Yippee! New nails 💅 and I love them. Such a pretty navy shade, just what I wanted. 🤗

E36C94E5-A5D3-48DE-B9CE-D8E05AD8470B.jpeg

@AMK721, I love a nice navy polish and yours is gorgeous! That blue .... so stunning! 💙

They look fantastic, @AMK721!

@AMK721 

Ooohhh, that is a stunning blue shimmer! 💙

@AMK721  Loving this shade so pretty!! 

@AMK721 Sooooo pretty! 😍What polish is this?

@QueenMarceline  I'm not really sure - I go to a nail salon over on Plymouth Rd and the colors are identified as numbers. You can PM me for the details on the salon.

@AMK721 Will do 🙂

@AMK721 Gorgeous!  🎶 Nails done, hair done, everything did 🎶

@Mellmars1185  yes and it was all long overdue LOL

@AMK721 - This color looks gorgeous on you! 💙💙💙

Thank you @Titian06 

Knocking out a few Turtle Tootsie polishes today. They rebranded to Hearts & Promises last year, so I dunno if these specific shades are still available (probably not?), but their formula is lovely, all of these were easy (if a touch sheer due to a bit of crelly-ness). All were easy three coaters, not fussy, I just wanted full opacity.

Hatchling 37

Vivid grape with holo shimmer and a smattering of multicolored flakies

Hatchling 38

Dusky grey with lavender and holo shimmer and more multicolored flakies. In lower lights, this one gives off the appearance of a speckled polish instead of a sparkly one, but it shines nicely in brighter lights.

Hatchling 21

Black base with green and holo shimmer, multicolored flakies, and just barely a sprinkle of larger glitters

IMG_20220118_111546879_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220118_111859692_HDR.jpg

Oh wow, these are beautiful @RGbrown! I like the different combination of holos and flakies they used for the polishes. 😍

I feel like you mentioned the rebranding of Turtle Tootsie before, and yet, I also think "oh yeaaah, they didn't close up." It seems like there's been a few rebrands last year in the polish community. Not sure why that is, but I am happy that Turtle Tootsie is still around; I'll have to check out Hearts & Promises. For research purposes, of course. Have to pick up a few polishes to see what differences, if any, are part of the rebrand, right?! 😂 Ohhh, the reasoning that I can come up with to pick up a few more polishes here and there. 

@itsfi 

Speaking of research...

Someone asked on reddit a couple of days ago where to buy polishes online, and I responded with a list including Polish Pick, Beyond Polish, What's Up Nails, Sally Beauty, Ulta, JCPenney, Color4Nails, HB Beauty Bar, PPU, and HHC, and then I followed up with "I haven't tried C4N and HB yet, but can vouch for all the rest". *Technically* I had already placed a C4N order over the weekend, but it hadn't shipped when I posted that, much less showed up at my door, so there was nothing to vouch for quite yet. But now? Imma have to do an order from HB Beauty Bar soon just so I can check out their full experience and complete my list. I talked myself out of a cart full of LA Colors from them not too terribly long ago, but suddenly SCIENCE is calling! 🔬 How's that for flimsy justification? 🤣

@RGbrown, well, first of all, are you suuuure you want me to weigh in on your justification???!! 😂 I find it to be sound, not flimsy at all. Ummm... yes, you need to do an HB Beauty Bar order, and sooner rather than later. For science, obviously. And also for your street cred! 😂🤣😂 If you're gonna throw HB out there, back it up with a full experience of the site. Go get those LA Colors you talked yourself out of. And pick up whatever else you need to make any future vouching for HB legit! 😆 

I'm sensing a fun nail haul comcing up real soon! Ohhhh yeaaahhh!! 🛍🛒

testing