Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Roughly half of what I have sitting around waiting to be used is pink, purple, or red, so I went with a little pink-purple mix today. 💜💗

Left hand: Zoya Blaze (deep raspberry pink) and Payton (royal purple)

Blaze is described as a "cranberry red", and a lot of the swatch shots I've seen lean heavily towards that vampy deep red, but mine is most definitely not red. Some swatch shots I've seen are also quite pink like mine, so I guess at some point there was a change in a supplier or an ingredient that altered the final product a bit? I dunno, it's still a gorgeous shade, just not quite what I was expecting. In any case...these are both Zoya holos, a colored base loaded with holo microflakies. Zoya's holos aren't the strongest out there, but they are lovely nonetheless, and both were easy two coaters.

IMG_20220116_120101918.jpg

IMG_20220116_120119773.jpg

Right hand: LA Colors Blast (deep purple) and Knock Out (bright pink)

Colored base with tonal shimmer and glitter, and a sprinkle of holo glitter, and wow, these are fantastic. Not just "fantastic for the price" ($3, btw), but fantastic, period. Nice and sparkly, and the different glitters really give them some depth and dimension. I went to HBBeautyBar and immediately built a cart of more before coming to my senses and closing out the tab, but for sure I'd like a few more from this line at some point 😍

IMG_20220116_115747082.jpg

IMG_20220116_115927340.jpg

@RGbrown - I love the colors on both hands!  Of course I'm partial to purple, but the raspberry is gorgeous! 💖💖💖

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! I'm having a really hard time picking a favorite this time 😂 They are all fabulous!

Ohhhh, don't mind lil ol' me. I'm just staring... again. 😍 Wowwy @RGbrown. So many things to love about both these mani's - and by "so many things" I mean everything!!! Red, pink, purple and sparkle. Is there anything more that is needed? 

Good reminder - I found a little hole in the wall store that carries a hodge podge of accessories and a smattering of random beauty items, including some polishes from LA Colors. They're closed for an extended break but I'm thinking they should be opening back up soon. Hmmm.... 🤔 I think I may conveniently be in that part of town next weekend. 😂

@itsfi 

Oh yay, local LA Colors! I've been really pleased with the few I have, and the price point is a really nice bonus! 💖

@RGbrown  Wow. 

@ather 

Thank you! 

@RGbrown That ZOYA hand is fabulous. 😍The other one is gorgeous as well, but the ZOYA just catches my eye in the most wonderful way. Those colors work really well together.

@QueenMarceline 

Thanks you! The strength of the rainbow in that purple Zoya surprised...it's a little more vivid in it holo-ness than most of their others 💜

@RGbrown Just stunning 🙂 ZOYA is one of the polish brands I love but don't own much of (not sure why...) Something about the bottle design of it is oddly aesthetically pleasing to me? Lol. I don't know, I'm weird. 😂

@QueenMarceline 

Zoya was my first non-drugstore discovery and love back when I really started getting into polish, and it's still the largest brand in my collection (182, geez). Their sales haven't been quite as frequent or impressive since the start of the pandemic, but they can still be had for half off or better every now and again, and I always enjoy picking up a few more whenever I feel the deal is right ❤️

@RGbrown Love that 🙂 and it does not surprise me at all that you have nearly 200 of them, haha! From what I have seen your collection is extremely impressive and comes second to few (if not, none. lol)

@RGbrown Beautiful sparkling shades!

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! 

I don't go for a lot of words in my daily attire...as cute as I think some are, I don't have any t-shirts with silly phrases, and obviously-branded/logo stuff mostly just gets worn around the house. Same goes for stamping, I just don't lean towards words being a part of my designs. Until now! The stamping plate used here is Lantern & Wren "Ew, People" from either Nov or Dec PPU, and I love it; it's perfect for my antisocial/hermit lifestyle 😅

Right hand:

A true testament to my "Morgan Taylor can do no wrong" mindset, these are all shades I would totally ignore from any other brand, but I gave them a chance simply because they are MT. And you know what? They aren't bad! The formula was great on nearly all of them, all two coaters, four of them super easy and the fifth easy-ish. I still don't prefer these paler shades, but I they're a nice change of pace for me, and I'm happy I have them. From pinky to thumb (stamping done with MT Flirty & Fabulous):

Luxe Be A Lady

A soft, dusty pink with perhaps a touch of a peach undertone. 

I Or-chid You Not

The deepest shade, which is probably what makes it my favorite. A lovely dusty lavender mauve shade.

My Main Freeze

Unsurprisingly, this was the fussiest of the bunch, but it wasn't difficult...I still got it down in two coats, I just had to pay a bit of attention to make sure I covered any bare spots. A soft off white, though I'm having a hard time catching the true undertones...it's almondy/yellow-beige in some lights and more peachy in others. 

Cashmere Kind Of Gal

A soft grey that pulls quite blue next to the rest of these.

Keep 'em Guessing

A paler soft lavender/mauve shade, perhaps leaning pinky-taupe

IMG_20220115_104221836.jpg

The stamps might be hard to read:

- I'm busy that day

- Went outside today, it was cold, there were people. Zero stars, do not recommend

- A large group of people is called a "no thanks"

- Less people, more cats

🤣

My left hand is a polish I picked up forever ago, and I've been staring at it for eternity wondering why 🤔 In the bottle, it's a very unattractive shade to me, reminiscent of dirty pond sludge and murky water to be avoided at all costs, a dirty grey with a moldy green undertone, but on the nail, it turned out way prettier than I expected, more green than grey, a lovely dirty olive or army green that's actually quite worthwhile! A touch thin/watery, I had to be careful not to make too much of a mess, and I had to pay close attention on the second coat to make sure I got full coverage, but I did manage to get it down in two. My ring finger is plain for a swatch shot, but I topped the rest with ILNP The Magician, a fiery topper that shifts red/orange/gold/green. Stamping done with MT Cashmere Kind Of Gal.

IMG_20220115_104232978.jpg

Stamps:

- Ew, people

- Just no

- I came, there were people, I left

- Go away, I'm introverting

I won't use it often, but this plate has my heart 😂

@RGbrown  omg these stamps are the best!! I love them. 

@ather 

Thanks so much! I had a grand time with this one 😆

@RGbrown Those are some super cool stamps! 🙂 My tiny stubs could never but I love the wording on your beautiful long nails. It's definitely not a "everyday" look but I can see those being some perfect and fun stamps to use for special events, holidays or certain outings/themes! How fun. 

Ps. Love that sparkly olive-golden-bronzey nail/background color, haha

@QueenMarceline 

Thanks so much! 💖

How fun are these stamps @RGbrown?!!! 💖 Yes! to the I Or-chid You Not shade - it's beautiful - you know me, I go ga ga over a smoky or dusty bent to a polish. Gorgeous! I'm sorta feeling the sentiments on your nails as well. 🤣

@itsfi 

This stamp plate is so much fun 😅 I kinda thought you might like I Or-chid You Not as well! 💜

1 Reply
testing