Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown it might be that they have promos throughout the year where your points are worth double, not just BF. I ended up getting 263 points with my 15 polishes. I’ll try to hold off and see if they run any double point promos before cashing in.

The Tart Peach Black Raspberry is a creamy, deep, dark plummy purple with very, very fine, subtle silver shimmers. The silver shimmers in Essie Set In Stones (ring finger) are a lot less subtle. 😂  The plummy purple hue wasn't coming through in some of my pics with indoor lighting so I took a closer shot in natural light so hopefully the purple shade shows up truer to what it looks like in real life. 💜

Indoor lightingIndoor lightingNatural lightNatural light

@itsfi - Love the plum color and the accent finger is perfect!  💖💖💖

Thank you @Titian06! 😃 This sparkly silver polish will see a lot of use this holiday season! 😍

@itsfi 

Ooohhh, what a gorgeous purple! I love it! 😍 And of course sparkle is always a welcome addition

@RGbrown, thank you! I started with one Essie polish from this collection and looooved the bling 💫  so much that I’ve picked up two more polishes from this series! Not sure how that is in keeping with a  polish low buy but the sparkle is just too good to resist. 

@itsfi 

Does having those three keep you from buying other sparkly polishes in similar shades? Then that's your low buy justification 🤣 

LOL! I think having these 3 keeps me from picking up more in similar shades for now @RGbrown! 😝 😂 

@itsfi 

Was the low buy ever intended to be permanent? If not, consider "for now" as a victory 😋 

That’s so pretty @itsfi ! I love the accent nail on the ring finger, lt’s blinging!

@makeitup305, oh my goodness! I was so happy when the lighting picked up the bling when I took the photo! 🌟 💫 

While I'm (im)patiently waiting on BF/CM purchases, I managed to catch a wee bit of holiday spirit 🎄

Morgan Taylor Mistress of Mayhem is a lovely deep forest green with a smattering of gold sparkle. A touch sheer, it needed three coats, but the end result is worth it

Morgan Taylor All Tied Up...With A Bow is a red jelly loaded with tiny microglitter and a pinch of larger lavender holo glitters. Truly stunning IRL and I hate my camera 😋 Easy two coat sparkle bomb

Morgan Taylor You're So Elf-Centered is a gorgeous deep plum/wine shimmer. Easy two coater.

Cupcake Polish Icing, silver holo, I think meant to be more of a topper, but mostly opaque after two coats. 

I did the stripes with vinyls from What's Up Nails, but dang, they were fidgety to work with, and while the end result was pretty nice, it took some careful clean up where some polish bled under the stripes and made blobs. It was after 1am and I wasn't about to repeat the process on my thumb like I had originally planned, so dots became the new (much easier) design 😋 I adore the stripes though, will have to try again one day where I have more time to play and perhaps tweak my technique!

IMG_20211204_105521135.jpg

This is just darling @RGbrown ! Love coming on here to see your creations and these by you, @itsfi and @makeitup305 do not disappoint. So festive! ❤️💚🤍💙

@Sunnysmom, thank you! 💅🏼 😀

Thanks @Sunnysmom !

@Sunnysmom 

Thanks so much! 💖

Another fun festive set of nails @RGbrown! ♥️ Love the pairing of the stripes and the dots, even if that wasn’t your original plan! Sorry about the stripes not turning out the way you wanted them to. I think they look fabulous! 😍

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! In my effort to shave time off my mani, I inadvertently made the stripes more difficult, so lesson learned...no more stripe vinyls without more of a time buffer. 😋 I am totally in love with how these came out though, even if they aren't quite as perfect as I'd like. 💕

@RGbrown, time and patience sure come in handy. I completely get that you had an idea for your stripes, but they really are impressive. 😍 Excited to see your next striped nail look!

@RGbrown - I love all these colors!  I am totally amazed at the stripes and dots!  I'm sorry the stripes were so difficult to achieve.  They're absolutely gorgeous!  🥰

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! I am looking forward to playing with stripes again at some point when I'm not so tired and have more time ❤️

1 Reply
testing