Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Pretty manicure to kick off the Christmas season @AznAngelLiz! 💅🏼 

So festive @AznAngelLiz ! Perfect for the holidays!

@AznAngelLiz 

Ahhh, these are marvelous, so festive!!

Another skittles set today, and whadaya know, it's all Morgan Taylor again 😂 Creams this time around, with a glitter topper for some sparkle

From thumb to pinky:

Warriors Don't Wine is a pinky leaning plum, old enough to have the old brush. Somewhat fidgety, I got it down in two coats, but had to finesse it a bit to avoid a third.

Later Alligator is a bright green, also with the old brush, and also somewhat fidgety. Two coats again, with some effort.

Gotta Have Hue is a fun teal blue, super easy two coater.

A Touch of Sass is a deep red crelly. A touch sheer, this one took three coats but evened out nicely.

Don't Let the Frost Bite is a smoky grape, another easy two coater.

Topped them all off with a bit of LA Colors Jewel Tone, a mix of pink, purple, and teal glitter in a clear base.

IMG_20211201_082130915.jpg

@RGbrown I love this so much!! That glitter topper 😮

@AznAngelLiz 

Thanks so much!

(Just a buck at Dollar Tree for the topper!!)

Oh my gosh @RGbrown  I swear your nails always look great... but I'm loving this set of shades together.  And the glitter topper... yep.

@missjeanie 

Thanks so much! I always love a nice set of jewel tones 💕

Lovely as well @RGbrown 

@makeitup305 

Thanks so much! 💕

Wow, these skittle creams look fantastic @RGbrown! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜💖 That topper really goes so well with all the shades. I’m particularly drawn toward that teal blue; very pretty. 

@itsfi 

Thank you! The teal is particularly pretty; it's a touch deeper IRL (as is the red), and is bright enough to work with a summer palette while having just that touch of fall smoke that works into the cooler months equally well 💙

I dunno if anyone else went as haywire as I did with the BF polish sales, but I have an embarrassingly large number* of bottles headed my way soon, and am feeling the urge to use up as many as I can before they start arriving. What does that mean? It's time for a few skittles manis 😬😂

Morgan Taylor has the bulkiest bottles, and I have plenty to make several cohesive looks, so here we go, it's an MT shimmer rainbow 🌈

From pinky to thumb

Best Dressed: gorgeous cranberry red, strong gold shimmer in the bottle that doesn't show directly on the nail, but really serves to brighten this shade up and help it glow. Easy two coater.

Sunrise in the City: stunning copper to pink duochrome that I am head over heels for. The sheerest of the bunch, this one took three coats, but they weren't fussy.

Gunter's Get Down: (from the current holiday collection) super bright yellow, almost orange leaning, gold shimmer. I waffled on ordering this one because gold isn't really my favorite, but it's a fun shade and while I likely wouldn't wear it plain, it'll be a great accent shade from time to time. Easy two coater.

Miss Crawly Chic: (also from the current holiday collection) vivid emerald green loaded with gold shimmer. Lovely color, easy two coater.

If Looks Could Thrill: when I say purple is my favorite color, this is the exact shade I have in mind. It's a bold and bright jewel toned amethyst, balanced perfectly between blue and red. Stunning, and another easy two coater.

A few pics, because I couldn't seem to get all the right colors in just one 😋

IMG_20211129_153625391.jpg

Shade shows off the orange pretty well, but turns the purple bluer than it looks to my eye

IMG_20211129_153553772_HDR.jpg

Sun helps light up the shimmer in all of them and shows the purple closer to real life, but washes out the orange a bit

IMG_20211129_153706746_HDR.jpg

Here you can see some of the pink shift on my ring finger

Spoiler
*45 😣

OMG such an awesome shimmery rainbow! It definitely reminded me of skittles when you mentioned it but I first though of multicolored Christmas lights. The feel super festive. 

@makeitup305 

Ahhhh, yes, I see that now too! Nostalgia is now setting in for the old school, fat bulb lights we had when I was a kid 💖

I always love your skittles manicures @RGbrown! 🌈 These are all pretty but my eyes of course zoom in on that red! 😍 

Your BF haul sounds amazing! 🛍 About the 45, my first thought was, “it’s all good, you stayed under 50.” It’s a rationale only those on BIC can truly appreciate. 😉 

@itsfi 

This red is stunning! I had hoped, based on how it looks in the bottle, that it might have a touch of a golden shift IRL. Sadly it doesn't, but it's such a fantastic color nonetheless 💖

Just found Butter on GMA deals (50%+ off, free shipping) and ordered one more...I guess I might be able to stay under 50 by the end of the day, but it may be close 😝

@RGbrown, 50 polishes per site. Not in total. Silly, RGBrown! We don’t aggregate purchases when it comes to counting these things!! 🤪☺️😂

@itsfi I always love your math!!  

Hahaha @missjeanie! It’s an outside the box approach to math.

@itsfi 

Per site? 😲 Well, I am way behind then 🤣

testing