Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown, ahhhh, that shift is gorgeous! 😍 To think that your pics doesn't even capture all of it - I can only imagine how stunning all those shades look in one polish in real life.

I chuckled at "My backlog is ridic". 🤣 I ask myself how this happens a lot. 🙄 Well, I don't really think I'm in a position to say anything about a backlog of polish (or a few other things really, lol) so I'll just ask this - would you prefer to be the pot or the kettle? I don't have a preference for myself. Hahahaha!

@itsfi 

Pot, kettle, it all works out the same in the end, no? 😂

I'm about to have to give up hope of making it until the end of the year to hit 1000. Even after decluttering Sally Hansen and Formula X, I'm waiting on a couple of orders that will put me at 998. I discovered yesterday that TJM has upped their OPI price to $4.99 from $3.99, so that'll help curb the desire to buy from there, at least 😋

@RGbrown Love the shift there!  (Nice job on the "hand pose" 🤣)

@CookieGirl1 

That pose gives me the shivers (and a sore thumb) 😂

@RGbrown I tried and I can't even get CLOSE to doing it.

@CookieGirl1 

This took multiple practice sessions over several days...I hate it, but was also strangely drawn to it 😂 Some folks though seem to be able to do it like it's nothing 😯

D2EA2E53-9486-4BFF-A247-26CF4B7F702C.jpeg

Did some simple Halloween nails and really feeling it:) 

@jumproper Very spooky chic 🙂

@jumproper 

Ahhhh, those are so cute! I love the ghosts and slime combo! 👻

@jumproper, love your nail art! Those ghosts in particular are spooktastically adorable! 👻

Nails.jpg

Just went on vacation and used these Kiss press on nails. They actually lasted the whole trip! very hard to text and type with them. 

@Samtian, that's impressive that it lasted so long. It's been a while since I've tried press on nails - I have a lot of memories of them popping off at the most unfortunate of times shortly after I applied them - user error on so many fronts. lol. Great to hear these have some staying power. Hope you had a fabulous vacation!

@itsfi Haha that is usually how it is for me too. Thank you I did!

@Samtian 

They look fun and fabulous! Press on have really come along way these days, I love the sparkle and marble accents. Longer nails definitely take some work to get used to though! ❣️

@RGbrown I loved the marble! Yes they do lol I don't think S for small meant nail length haha. 

I've had this inspiration floating around in my head for a year or more now, and finally sat down with it yesterday. Definitely one of my favorite manis ❣️

The red is Morgan Taylor Classic Red Lips, somewhere between a deep rose pink and a faded out red. Super easy, could have even gotten by with one coat, but I like two for a little more thickness. 

For the tortoiseshell, I took a yellow jelly (OPI I'm Never Amberassed) and added several drops of multiple orange and brown creams to make it more of a milky amber shade instead of the clear lemon yellow it started off as. The spots were done with thinned out black (Sinful Black on Black) and brown (Zoya Louise). 

Technique:

Layer of amber, then add random blobs of thinned out black with a small brush. Let dry for a bit (I did my first coat of red while waiting), then another layer of amber, followed by spots of thinned out brown. I added my little gold shards here (from Ciate Gilded Goddess), and then topped with another layer of amber. Topcoat and done!

You could start with a bottle of clear polish and add mustard/orange/brown to make your own amber base...I'm not sure who, if anyone, currently has one on the market. Cirque had a tortoiseshell kit a year or two ago that was my inspiration for making my own.

IMG_20211026_124534461_HDR.jpg

I love these they’re so cute and remind me of tortoise shell buttons:)

@jumproper 

Thanks so much! ❣️

@RGbrown wow that looks amazing!

@Samtian 

Thanks so much! 💗

This is so cool @RGbrown! I’ve wondered how to do something like that. Nice work and I love how you paired it with the pretty pinky-red. 😍

testing