Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@Samtian, that's impressive that it lasted so long. It's been a while since I've tried press on nails - I have a lot of memories of them popping off at the most unfortunate of times shortly after I applied them - user error on so many fronts. lol. Great to hear these have some staying power. Hope you had a fabulous vacation!

@itsfi Haha that is usually how it is for me too. Thank you I did!

@Samtian 

They look fun and fabulous! Press on have really come along way these days, I love the sparkle and marble accents. Longer nails definitely take some work to get used to though! ❣️

@RGbrown I loved the marble! Yes they do lol I don't think S for small meant nail length haha. 

I've had this inspiration floating around in my head for a year or more now, and finally sat down with it yesterday. Definitely one of my favorite manis ❣️

The red is Morgan Taylor Classic Red Lips, somewhere between a deep rose pink and a faded out red. Super easy, could have even gotten by with one coat, but I like two for a little more thickness. 

For the tortoiseshell, I took a yellow jelly (OPI I'm Never Amberassed) and added several drops of multiple orange and brown creams to make it more of a milky amber shade instead of the clear lemon yellow it started off as. The spots were done with thinned out black (Sinful Black on Black) and brown (Zoya Louise). 

Technique:

Layer of amber, then add random blobs of thinned out black with a small brush. Let dry for a bit (I did my first coat of red while waiting), then another layer of amber, followed by spots of thinned out brown. I added my little gold shards here (from Ciate Gilded Goddess), and then topped with another layer of amber. Topcoat and done!

You could start with a bottle of clear polish and add mustard/orange/brown to make your own amber base...I'm not sure who, if anyone, currently has one on the market. Cirque had a tortoiseshell kit a year or two ago that was my inspiration for making my own.

IMG_20211026_124534461_HDR.jpg

I love these they’re so cute and remind me of tortoise shell buttons:)

@jumproper 

Thanks so much! ❣️

@RGbrown wow that looks amazing!

@Samtian 

Thanks so much! 💗

This is so cool @RGbrown! I’ve wondered how to do something like that. Nice work and I love how you paired it with the pretty pinky-red. 😍

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! I am sooooo glad I finally took the time to do this one! It's been on my wish list for a while, but I was vaguely worried I'd screw it up I guess, so I kept holding off. While I see a couple of things I could maybe improve upon a bit next time, I am thrilled with how it turned out 💖

Easy peasy mani for some Halloween fun!

10.24.2021 Halloween Nails.jpg

Deborah Lippmann Fade to Black + Deborah Lippmann Amazing Grace

I'm contemplating adding a glow-in-the-dark top coat later in the week - maybe just to the eyes? Hmmm.... 🤔 I tried the top coat on its own last week and I had to apply quite a few layers for it to barely show up when the lights are off. 

SO CUTE!!

@jumproper, thank you so much. 😃 This was a fun manicure to do. I can see myself doing something similar again. 

@itsfi So cute!!

Thank you @Samtian! These were fun to do, made more fun because I was able to do them in one go - that never happens!! 😊 

@itsfi 

Awwww, this is adorably spooky! 👀 It would be awesome with a glow in the dark topcoat! What one do you have? I was poking around last week and discovered MT made one a few years ago, but can't find it at my regular haunts and just haven't felt like ponying up the cash on eBay yet. Orly has three as well, but similar story, I just haven't gotten around to buying one lol. I bought a glow in the dark polish from either PPU or HHC a while back, but haven't used it yet...perhaps I need to get on that soon! 

@RGbrown, the glow in the dark polish I have is from Sally Hansen and it seems like it's quite an old one. 😬 I found it when I was going through some aged polishes. When I tested it out, it took 5 layers just to barely "glow" in the dark. I'm not too hopeful but we'll see. Oh, now that you mentioned PPU and HHC, I'm wondering if I may have picked up a glow in the dark polish from them last year, or I may have just added them to my wish list and not actually purchased that one. Hmmm... Making a note to check...

I hear ya on not getting around to buying one. I had plans in late summer to pick up some glitters / holos that I could use for a Halloween themed mani but time flew by and I'm looking at my sparkle polishes and while they're pretty, they don't have the Halloween flare I envisioned. Will have to get a head start on next year. Hahaha!

I picked up one of the OPI glitters from the holiday set and had to do a little light vs dark mani to see how it looks both ways 🤍🖤

OPI Rub a Pub Pub

Dark charcoal grey cream. Very sheer on the first coat, almost jelly like, but the second coat gave me full coverage with some careful touchups of bare spots. Gorgeous color, I like this way better than a full on black, it's sophisticated to me. 

Zoya Purity

Reminds me of OPI Alpine White in all the bad ways 😂 Goes on thin and streaky, but suddenly gets thick and gloopy very quickly. Managed to get by with two coats on some nails, but others needed a third. Hot mess. That's a no from me, dawg.

OPI Confetti Ready

Of the three glitters in the new holiday set, this was the one I wanted least when looking at the promo pics, but I am so glad I found a video swatch before ordering to help compare them a bit better (Phoebe Moon, maybe? I couldn't swear to that, but I've watched a couple of her videos lately, and I think she was the first one I came across for this set). If you want holo in your glitter mix, this is the one with the most; another has some holo but not as much, and the third has no holo at all.

The colors in this one don't scream holiday to me...the non-holo glitters are silver, light blue, light pink, and light orange, but on the nail, it's a nice sparkly mix, and frankly, that's festive any time of year

One coat on my nails here, and I definitely prefer it over the grey 🖤

IMG_20211023_121031892_HDR.jpg

Full sun

IMG_20211023_121200313_HDR.jpg

A little indirect lighting helps pop some of the holo, especially over the grey

Ohhhh, I love that holo glitter topper with that charcoal grey @RGbrown! The charcoal is pretty on its own but Confetti Ready really jazzes it up just right! Gorgeous mani! 😍

@itsfi 

Thanks so much!

testing