Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@Samtian, oooh, that gunmetal shade is gorgeous! 😍 Ahhh, Formula X. I miss the days of the nail bar in Sephora stores. 

@itsfi That sounds like it was awesome! This shade didn't even last 12 hours before chipping away badly lol. 

@Samtian 

Ahhhhhhhh no! I was just finding my way around Sephora and BT when Formula X went super cheap ($3 iirc?) and I went hog wild. Everyone here *raved* about the brand and how much they would miss it, so I snapped up every single one I could get my hands on. And..turns out, I wasn't impressed 😒 I had quite a few that started getting little spiderweb cracks within a day or so, and godawful chips way earlier than I do with any other polish. They had some gorgeous shades, but boy oh boy did it not work for me. I haven't decluttered them yet, but that's partly because I kinda forgot about them...might need to do that soon. 😥

@Samtian 

Thanks a fantastic color! Love it! 💕

@RGbrown Thank you!

Morgan Taylor My Other Wig Is A Tiara

Gorgeous light blue shimmer/pearl. Shows a few brushstrokes, but that's not something that's ever bothered me much. Easy two coater.

Orly Into The Moonlight

Dark charcoal jelly base absolutely packed to the brim with silver glitter. Easy two coater and smooth after only one coat of top coat.

Essie Cause & Reflect

Dusty dark blue, perhaps just barely leaning towards teal, with super fine silver shimmer. Dang near one coater, though I did two as always.

IMG_20210928_174903146.jpg

wonderful!!!

Thank you @anna178!

These blues are stunning!  

@honeyfluffinz 

Thanks so much! 💙

Oh wow @RGbrown! All of these are calling to me. “Buy me!!!” 😆 Orly Into The Moonlight is so pretty. I don’t know if I’ve ever tried an Orly color polish; I’ve used their Bonder but I’m not sure I have any of their color product. Hmmm… 🤔 seems like something I need to fix. 🛍 😝 

@itsfi 

Orly is good, I like it just as much as the rest of the mainstream stuff like OPI etc. Their brush is an attempt at a paddle brush with rounded corners, about like Essie's, though I find they're prone to have some wonkiness sometimes...a weird angle instead of a true curve on one corner, or a couple of long bristles sticking out. I've only got a couple of the Breathable ones and found them a bit streaky/difficult to work with (but they are also pale cream shades, so maybe that's a bit of a given to begin with), but I've been mostly happy with the regular ones that I have. 

Orly has a sub box called Color Pass; 6 polishes for $36, and each quarter, you get the newest full collection and some sort of extra (might be a cuticle oil or a base coat or something else along those lines). It's not a bad deal if you're interested in all 6 shades of a set; it is a nice way to try a few at a decent price, and you can cancel at any time. Last year, I picked up the holiday set with an extra $10 off code, though I haven't noticed (or else I completely overlooked) them doing any extra promos for the last few boxes, unfortunately.

@RGbrown, we have good news and bad news. Good news, I've managed to remind myself that it's not a good idea for me to sign up for sub boxes, though the Orly quarterly wouldn't be so bad... Noooo, Fi! Focus!!! Even if I can cancel anytime, that's fraught with trouble, namely, piled up boxes; and, well, I'm just working on fixing that problem from the summer. Ha! The bad news, my cart on Orly has a lot of polishes. It was just so easy to "add to cart". 😂😂😂 I think I will use this an opportunity to incentivize myself to take stock of what I have and re-home some polishes. Maybe I'll reward myself - a new polish for every 4 I de-stash. Adding this to my October project list. 🗒

@itsfi 

I hear ya on the sub boxes...I'm pretty tempted to cancel my two lately too, as I find myself getting rid of more than I'm keeping lately. More polish sounds like an awesome reward for destashing though!

@RGbrown Into the moonlight is stunning! I really like this combo you did!

@Samtian 

I love it when a dark polish is still bright and sparkly Thanks so much! 

I recently discovered a blog that does a really nice job with searching out and posting early previews of new collections...turns out the picture I found on IG of the new OPI collection came from her blog way back in early September! I'm not going to go crazy with a huge picture heavy post, but I am enchanted with this future Essie collection "Rumor Jazz It"

essie rumor jazz it.png

The site is noae dot nl

I'll be skipping the gold and silver, but the other four? 😍 Yup, those are coming home with me (hopefully...she doesn't have US release info, so we may not even get it...). The blog has previews of several other holiday/winter collections from China Glaze, Orly, and more Essie stuff, and even has swatches of this Jazz collection (she found it available on a Greek site)!

@RGbrown, the jewel tones in this collection are gorgeous! 😍 Thanks for sharing the site info - another thing to look at when I can’t fall back to sleep. 😆 

@itsfi 

I was curious enough about this collection to scope out the Greek sites she listed. One ships to the US, but shipping was 35 euros (while four polishes was only 32 euros), so I'm definitely not ordering from there 🙀 Essie releases some things in Europe before they hit the US, so I'm still incredibly hopeful we get this one soon! 

@RGbrown, wow! Good call on not ordering from that site. I'm sure the collection will make its way to the US at some point, which means, more polishes!!! 💅😍

@RGbrown  Ok this is much more holiday!!!! 

10 Replies
testing