Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I recently discovered a blog that does a really nice job with searching out and posting early previews of new collections...turns out the picture I found on IG of the new OPI collection came from her blog way back in early September! I'm not going to go crazy with a huge picture heavy post, but I am enchanted with this future Essie collection "Rumor Jazz It"

essie rumor jazz it.png

The site is noae dot nl

I'll be skipping the gold and silver, but the other four? 😍 Yup, those are coming home with me (hopefully...she doesn't have US release info, so we may not even get it...). The blog has previews of several other holiday/winter collections from China Glaze, Orly, and more Essie stuff, and even has swatches of this Jazz collection (she found it available on a Greek site)!

@RGbrown, the jewel tones in this collection are gorgeous! 😍 Thanks for sharing the site info - another thing to look at when I can’t fall back to sleep. 😆 

@itsfi 

I was curious enough about this collection to scope out the Greek sites she listed. One ships to the US, but shipping was 35 euros (while four polishes was only 32 euros), so I'm definitely not ordering from there 🙀 Essie releases some things in Europe before they hit the US, so I'm still incredibly hopeful we get this one soon! 

@RGbrown, wow! Good call on not ordering from that site. I'm sure the collection will make its way to the US at some point, which means, more polishes!!! 💅😍

@RGbrown  Ok this is much more holiday!!!! 

@ather 

Yeeeessss, all those rich and vivid jewel tones make my heart sing! 💕

@RGbrown  I also agree with your comment about the silver and gold but it made my heart happy to see them since to me it’s very holiday. Can’t have the holidays without them!

Holo love 😍

All Morgan Taylor, all two coats except for the silver (a touch sheer, it needed a third). All super duper, easy peasy, fantastically smooth polishes!

From pinky to thumb:

Glow All Out: while I can't single out a favorite in this mani, I was truly surprised by this color and how much I love it. It's hard to nail down a good description...a darkened or rusty coral-peach? Rosy-toned copper? Dirty salmon? I ordered this one because "sale" and because I want nearly every MT I can get my hands on lol, not because I loved it at the time, but it's such an interesting color and truly unique to my collection, and I am thrilled that "eh, sure" has turned into "wow" for this one. 

The rest are all super pretty, of course, and I love them, but I'm not sure any of them are quite as unique as Glow All Out

Liquid Bling: silver

Disco Days: sage green

Diamonds In The Sky: bright ocean blue

It's Lit: vivid lavender

IMG_20210925_123148983_HDR.jpg

Beautiful, @RGbrown!

@curlychiquita 

Thanks so much! 💕

Oooohhh these are sooo pretty @RGbrown it's hard to pick a favorite color. I love Morgan Taylor holos and glitters - I don't understand why they don't get more recognition. 

Agree on the glitters, and they have a kind of blingy-chicness to me with the micro-blings.

@niki172 

MT definitely needs more attention! I even adore most of their creams, and that's coming from someone who has disliked creams for pretty much all of eternity. I think part of it might have to do with availability though...is the brand sold in any mainstream retail stores? I haven't set foot in WM in 5+ years, and don't think I've been inside a Target since before the pandemic, so I'm a bit fuzzy on those, but I know I've never seen them in CVS, and Ulta pulled the brand from stores. Sally's has a nice display, but I never see many folks there, at least not at mine. They're also relatively young, founded in 2013 vs OPI (1981), Essie (also 1981) and China Glaze (1998), so maybe they'll become more of a household name as time goes on? (Gosh, I hope so) It seems like you have to know to look for the brand, but it's totally worth going out of the way to find it!

@RGbrown you have a point there. The only places I've seen it for sale is Ulta and Amazon. A local salon that I used to frequent introduced me to the brand, and they still have some of their colors, but they stopped selling the line.

@niki172 

It does seem like finding swatches of newer collections is getting easier...there are some older polishes I can't find swatches of at all without looking up the Gelish equivalent, but Kelli Marissa and a few other popular swatchers have picked them up in the last couple of years or so, so I hope that leads to increased visibility for the brand 💕

@RGbrown, love it when a color takes you by surprise! Exciting! Love the sparkle on these beauties. ♥️ Glow All Out is definitely unique - I see the challenges with coming up with a good description- it leans rosy, pinky, coralish all at the same time! Not sure how that happens but it’s pretty cool! 😍

@itsfi 

There's something about MT bottles...I've had quite a few that came out just a bit different than what I expected, a bit darker than it looks in the bottle. I've had Glow All Out for a couple of months now, and just though "eh, peachy, whatever, at least it's holo" every time I picked it up, and I'd put it back in favor of something else. It was a happy surprise to find out just how awesome it looks once applied 😍

@RGbrown  Yes back to summer colours!!!! Love the lavender it’s so pretty. These would be great spring colours too!

@ather 

You know I gotta throw some summer colors into the mix year round! 😂 Thank you!

OPI Holiday pics are starting to circulate!

Five creams, one pearl, six shimmers, 3 glitter toppers. This feels more like a summer set than a holiday set, but that certainly isn't a complaint on my part...summer colors are my jam 💕

Screenshot_20210924-220008.png

I'm particularly drawn to all 6 of these. I haven't seen swatches yet...not sure they look like true holos here aside from maybe the black, but hey, shifty shimmer is always up my alley anyways lol

Screenshot_20210924-220231.png

All 15 are available at Polish Pick now...I'm gonna have to do a little soul searching to stop myself from just buying the whole dang set 🤣

@RGbrown  I agree. Not overly seasonal. Kinda disappointed but I do like summer colours. 

I’ve been into more dark colours lately to go with fall. But I would definitely rock some of the bright ones in the spring and summer. 

1 Reply
testing