Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! Unfortunately, it looks like Brown Sugar is discontinued, and heck, I can't even find a listing on eBay 😓 

That’s probably better for me @RGbrown! 😂

@RGbrown  Loving this combo. I feel like brown is super popular right now. I ordered one 😬

@ather 

Thanks so much, and I hope you love what you picked out!

I have butter London Sloane Ranger, a grey-ish, khaki, olive green shade on my index and pinky fingers. It leans a smidge more grey in real life. This applied easily, 2 coats. OPI Infinite Shine Olive for Green on the rest of the fingers. It's a deep olive green that went on more sheer than I expected; 3 coats.

9.19.2021 Greens.jpg

@itsfi  Super surprised the green was thin. 

Me too @ather. The first coat was super thin.  Was not expecting it at all. The second was better but there were parts of the nail where the color looked a bit thin, but all good with a third coat. I may leave the bottle open for a couple of hours later tonight to see if that thickens it just a bit.

@itsfi 

What timing...I pulled out a couple of Butter polishes myself last night, and it's always a reminder of how much I love them 💚 I love your mix of greens! 

Yay! butter London polishes are getting some well earned love. ♥️ I only have a few polishes from the brand but you’re absolutely right @RGbrown, they are great. I really need to look into them more often. Said by the same person who said she needed to hit “pause” on picking up any more polishes! 😂 

@itsfi 

I just went down a rabbit hole of Butter polishes on eBay, and I'm kicking myself for not picking up more of the old ones before they disappeared. I can't find a single listing for British Racing Green either, one of their classics that I avoided for a while because I didn't like green at the time, but now of course I might wither away and die without it 😅 I'd love to expand my collection of old Butters, but I think they've been gone long enough that I've missed out on a good many for eternity. Maybe some will pop up at TJM/Burke's etc at some point. 

I've got a couple of the newer 10x Patent polishes, and they're fine too, but they don't seem to have as much fun with their colors anymore like they used to. Their selection is very cream heavy and a bit on the safe/boring side nowadays 😥

@RGbrown, the old school Butter London polishes are hard to come by - have you checked Mercari? They occasionally have unused, new polishes that haven't been around for a while.

@itsfi 

Hmm, no, I've never shopped Mercari; might have to check it out at some point!

I'm not sure I'm digging on this overall; I'm happy with the ombre, but feel like I may have gone overboard with too many different patterns in the stamping, and it just doesn't feel cohesive anymore, it's more of a jumbled mess. 

Light blue: Revlon Irresistible

Easy two coater. Not my favorite shade of blue; it reminds me of a house I used to have with a powder blue tub and toilet, and textured wallpaper in this blue and dusty pink. This is a nice formula though, if you like the color, and Revlon might be my second favorite brush on the market...their new one is extremely similar to MT's.

Dark blue: OPI Award For Best Nails Goes To...

I was a bit surprised that this is much closer to a jelly than a cream, and it came out much darker than I expected once I got full opacity (three coats on my ring finger). It sheered out greatly on the ombre though, obviously, becoming a lovely bright cobalt.

Stamping done with Revlon Molten Magic and Moyra Magnetic Red (forgot it was magnetic while I was using it lol, didn't think to play with the magnet, whoops). 

IMG_20210919_110841015.jpg

Super-cute, @RGbrown!

@CookieGirl1 

Thanks so much! 💙

@RGbrown  Ooo these look awesome! 

@ather 

Thank you! 💙

The ombré looks pretty @RGbrown! 💙 I’m committed to trying to do an ombré look that I like, before the end of the year. Yours are always inspiring and look amazing! 😍 I lol’ed reading your feedback on the light blue polish. So interesting how a color can evoke such memories - a matching powder blue tub and toilet? 😳 I have such a hard time finding a pale blue polish that I like. Now I’ll think of the tub and toilet in your old home whenever I see a powder / pale blue nail polish. 😂 

@itsfi 

I am kicking myself that I never took a before picture of that bathroom before we finally remodeled it, but it was *awful*. My ex and I did a lot of DIY work on that house, but that room in particular always stood out as my favorite project. 

There was also a half bath with the same color scheme, and I did manage to take a pic of that wallpaper before we covered it up (it's a different pattern, but still gives an idea of the general hideousness this house contained 🙀)

IMG_20110212_002024.jpg

And yes, do the ombre!! 

Hahaha! 🤣

"still gives an idea of the general hideousness this house contained"  I think I get the gist of the decor, @RGbrown. Many, many years ago, before I found this place, there were a handful of houses that I visited that had their own unique personalities. 😆 Including one that had a similar look and feel to the decor in that photo. One even had wallpaper on the ceiling. Oh yes. Very special, unique ambiance that was created. I think my comment to the realtor was "I don't think I've seen anything like this before.😬😳😂 

Ombre nails are definitely on the "to do" list. I need to think another color palette though. I had planned on pink and I'm not sure that's still in keeping with the season. Time to do a deep dive into some more traditional fall colors.

@itsfi 

Wallpaper on the ceiling? I'm dying inside 😳😅

Fall schmall...if you want pink, go for pink! A dusty autumn-ized berry pink would be nice too 💕

testing