Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown  These make me sooo happy! Perfect colour combo 

@ather 

Thanks so much! Purples and berries will always have my heart 💜

Oooh, pinks, purples and sparkles @RGbrown?!! A fantastic combination! 💖💜 I don’t think I have any MT cream polishes; only a handful of holo ones. 🤔 May need to change that soon. Well, maybe after I’ve played more with what I already have. 😆 

@itsfi 

After you've played with what you have? I'm not sure I understand this concept 🤔 I went to Sally a few days ago to spend a $5 reward while MT was still on sale and I told myself my rule was firm...no more than 2 polishes. Then I found a few on clearance ($2-4 ea) as well, and told myself I could get those plus two of the $6 ones. Then I couldn't decide which two $6 polishes I should get, so I just bought everything in my basket. 11 more polishes to add to the stash 🤦‍♀️ AND, it earned me another $5 reward that should show up in the next day or two, so I'll probably pop back over to spend that one. Luckily, Sally has very little left that I don't already have, so maybe I can actually walk out with just one or two this time 🤣

Oh no, I misspoke. Oooof.  I definitely need to clarify ... after I play with the polishes that I have that I have not yet opened or used🤣 That's what I meant to say. I have ... let's go with ... A LOT of nail polish that (other than to check if they're all intact and the shades I ordered), I haven't even taken out of the box they arrived in to play with them, or to even swatch them. So I need to get through at least a dozen of those, because yes, there's more than a dozen polishes I haven't even tried yet. 😮 I have a couple more orders coming in, one from PPU. I need to hit "pause" on any more polish purchases until December / end of the year (unless that Zoya polish remover deal comes back around, of course. lol).

@itsfi 

Ummmm, there was zero need to clarify that; we are totally on the same wavelength here 🤣 My unused stash is well over 100 again after my recent back to back to back hauls, where I had been good for a while and gotten that number to somewhere around 60 earlier this year. Backlogs like this prompt me to do more skittles manis just so I can clear a bunch out at once 😅

IMG_20210920_140406676_HDR.jpg

Nearly all of my unused polishes, minus a few I've got on the table as "maybe I'll do this next" ideas...

@RGbrown, it really is amazing how quickly the polishes can pile up. 😆 I think I’ll need to be better about posting my polish hauls. That’ll at least get me to swatch ‘em and usually means I get 2 mani’s out of a haul. Whittle down the stash to make room for more incoming polishes. Hahaha!

@itsfi 

I was so good about not buying for a bit, but then I discovered $3 MT at PolishPick and it all went awry soooo quickly. Maybe I should have posted my hauls as a way to publicly shame myself, but I felt a bit silly with the sheer ridiculousness of them lol (26 and 12 from PP, 12 from Ulta, and now 11 from Sally, not to mention other smaller orders and acquisitions over the last few months) 😮😂 I've been planning to destash a few polishes for a while now, not tons or anything, but I think I'm going to purge Sally Hansen pretty much across the board...will have to do that soon so that I can delay the arrival of a 4 digit collection count as long as possible 🤣 

We must be on the same polish wavelength @RGbrown! I’ve been pulling out a few Sally Hansen polishes over the last couple of weeks and setting them aside to declutter / rehome. 

Not ridiculous! A robust collection of polishes. 💅🏼 And you got them for a fabulous price! 👍🏼

A bit of an eclectic mix for this skittle mani, but I'm really digging how well these all go together, even though I wasn't sure they would at first 😋

From pinky to thumb

OPI Have Your Panettone And Eat It Too:

An easy two coater, lovely pumpkin shade

OPI And To All A Good Night:

Blue leaning charcoal with silver foil flakies. Plays off the teal on my thumb much more than I realized it would, and I love it for that. Two coats.

China Glaze Purpletonium:

Billed as a matte, but much more of a satin finish. Fairly easy to work with for a matte. Subtle purple shimmer, gorgeous shade. Two coats.

Essie Kaf-tan:

Two coats, though I had to finesse it a bit to keep it from getting streaky. Not quite self leveling either...it's not super noticeable, but I can tell it's a bit uneven/lumpy, especially on my other hand. I bought this caramel shade on one of my "I need to expand my selection" kicks, and I don't think I have anything else close to it; I don't hate it, but it's not my jam either. Two coats.

OPI Amaz-ON Amaz-OFF:

Is it blue? Is it green? Yes 😋 Fabulous deep teal, easy two coater.

IMG_20210913_155852928.jpg

@RGbrown @I really like the essie colour it’s so different. I don’t think I’ve seen any other colour close to it. Too bad it didn’t play well. I actually usually love essie polishes. 

@ather 

I dunno why, but Essie has never really spoken to me the same way other comparable brands do. While I find most polishes to be mostly equal, if I've got a choice of similar shades, I'll pick OPI or China Glaze up first. Not that I mind Essie at all, but for some reason I just don't seem to collect nearly as many of them as I do the others, though part of that may be that I'm very sale-oriented, and Essie just doesn't seem to wind up on clearance or show up at TJM nearly as often as some others. 

My bias against the color may very well have clouded my judgment of the formula too, so perhaps it's worth finding a bottle and trying it yourself if you like the shade 😋 If you've got a Five Below, mine had quite a few bottles of this shade recently! 

Oohhh this is sooo cool @RGbrown I love that purple!!!

@niki172 

This purple is divine! It was the first polish I picked out for this mani, and I love it as a bright pop against the rest of the shades 💜

I really like how this turned out, @RGbrown!

@curlychiquita 

This is perhaps one of the weirder combos I've done, but somehow they still seem to work together, at least to me. Thanks so much!

Ahhh, the beautiful colors of fall all on your fingers @RGbrown! 🍃 🍂  I hear ya on expanding your range of polish shades. I try, but my efforts always seem to result in maybe one or two new shades and then 5x that number of other colors I already have. 😆 That pumpkin shade is a nice orange, a color family that is slowly being built up in my collection. Hmmm… 🤔 

@itsfi 

It's nice to try new shades sometimes...liking orange came as a big surprise when I first got one, so I try and push it a bit out of my comfort zone every now and again. I also kind thought this Essie might be a little more yellow/mustardy (another shade I was surprised to like), but it turned out to be a bit browner than I hoped for. But yup, I also tend to gravitate to tried and true favorites. I've got my unused polishes sorted by color into 6 boxes, and purple takes up the most real estate by far with 1.5 boxes, followed by pink, black/grey/silver, and blue/green at one box each. It's easy for anyone to tell what shades I like just at a glance 🤣

@RGbrown, I like that you sort your unused polishes by color. I should follow suit. Maybe a project for later this month. Browns, oranges and yellows are by far the underrepresented shades in a sea of polishes. Maybe I’ll devote a mani to them in the next few months. 

This mani is the result of my being so indecisive about what colors to use. 😆  Kept going back and forth between a couple blues and greens in my stash, and eventually ended up compromising with Essie Off Duty Style, a deep, dusty blue-green.

Accent nail is OPI Alpine Snow. I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri Black Is Black to add a couple of lines and then wanted to jazz it up, but I couldn't decide whether to go with a silver (my usual preference) or gold sparkle, so I decided to do both with Essie Beyond Cozy, a silver and gold glitter.

9.12.2021.jpg

@itsfi That is so cool looking! 

testing