Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown, I figured you received the email. I had just placed a PPU order when I saw it, so I think I may have to pass. And now I've seen that Zoya has a fall bundle. Decisions, decisions...

Ahhhh, I need to go look at PPU again...I had one I was debating pretty hard core. It's close to an HHC polish I missed out on all the way back in March and just cannot stop thinking about, but I can't decide if it's "close enough" or just different enough to not scratch that itch after all 😵

@RGbrown, do you know if HHC ever brings back certain polishes? I know that PPU recently did that - I was so happy too because I was able to pick up a couple of things that passed me by the first time they came around. I hope the one you found comes close to the one that got away! 

@itsfi 

I actually asked Girly Bits about the possibility of it coming back since I'd noticed that HHC frequently has old polishes on their overstock pages. The founder responded to me (and wow, she's super nice!) and said that HHC orders extra each month from the makers so that they have a few on hand for lost package or shipping damage replacements if needed, and after 6 months, they put the rest up on the overstock page. So there's a small possibility it could show up next month in super limited quantities, but other than that, HHC doesn't do a returning polish month like PPU does every July with their "rewind" theme. 

@RGbrown, fingers crossed the polish you’re looking for shows up on HHC’s overstock page. 🤞🏼 

Now I'm curious, @RGbrown --which one?

@CookieGirl1 

Girly Bits Chateauesque is the one I missed (left). Every month I scour PPU and HHC for something similar, and there have been a few that get close, but none really nail the same overall look. I was looking at Nailed It's PPU selection this month (right), but now that I've collaged them together, I'm not sure it's the one either...it's too icy blue, whereas Girly Bits had a more ethereal periwinkle jelly look going on that I was just gaga over. 

20210806_210406-COLLAGE.jpg

Another mix that's perhaps unconventional, but I'm super happy with how this one came out 

Morgan Taylor Hip Hot Coral

A screaming neon that looks pink in the bottle but pulls a bit more orange-pink (hey, coral! 😅) on the nail. I like this one, the pinch of pink saves it for me. It needed three coats for full opacity, but wasn't fussy about it; it did not require a white base, which is nice. 

Morgan Taylor Give Me A Break-dance

Turquoise with subtle shimmer; this is from 2013 or 2014 and has their older non-rounded-tip brush, and I had low expectations for it, but it was easy, thankfully. The first coat seemed like green water, but the second covered nicely...I did a third on one or two, but that was because I overworked it and wound up with bare spots near my cuticles. This was from a "neon" collection, and while this is bright, I'm not sure it's quite a neon polish, but it is a gorgeous bright shade nonetheless. 

Stamping done with Sinful Colors Black on Black; this is my first time stamping with it, and I am very pleased! Deep black saturation and clear images without a lot of bubbles or missing bits. 

IMG_20210805_144952007.jpg

The colors are a smidge brighter in person, and the green is less dusty toned IRL, but this is fairly close-ish.

Hi @RGbrown @love the stamping ❤️ 

@2manyperfumes 

Thanks so much! 💕

@RGbrown  This is so cool. You are so great at stamping! 

Thank you @PrettyPaint! ❣️

@RGbrown  I don’t think they are unconventional at all. I think both shades compliment each other perfectly!! You do such an amazing job!!

@ather 

Thanks so much! 💕

Oh @RGbrown, love the nail stamp - it upped the already fun factor on those pretty orange and green polishes! 😍

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! At least seeing What's Up's stamping sale encouraged me to pull out existing plates instead of ordering more 🤣🤣

@RGbrown, hahaha! Something similar happened to me when I saw your post at the What's Up stamping sale, but instead of actually pulling out my stamping plates, I just sorta glanced over in that direction and thought that I should pull them out. 😆 

@itsfi 

I know that feeling well 😅 There are many times I have grand plans, and after getting my base color done, I go "you know what, this is fine. Good enough" 😆

This weeks Pinterest inspired mani 

DF0F057B-C2FE-4DFC-9E4C-09F38F1AE6F0.jpeg

Pretty mani @ather! 😍 Love the color combo! 

@itsfi  Thank you. I may have just got 5 new colours in yesterday and I want to re do my nails already 🤣

1 Reply
testing