Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Your nails are beautiful @niki172! The detailing on the rose including that little hit of sparkle is gorgeous❣️

Thanks @itsfi I just tell the lady that does my nails to do whatever she wants. I was happy with just the rose but the added crystals are always nice 🙂.

@niki172 

Ooohhh, those are gorgeous! I love the 3D rose, and of course the glitter

Thanks @RGbrown it was really interesting watching her make the rose out of acrylic powder.

@niki172 Ooh wow!

@niki172 Gorgeous nails!

Thank you @tjffc @Samtian ! The lady that I see is quite talented, gentle with the drill, and very fast (in a good way). I already have my idea for Halloween nails picked out. Hopefully I'll be able to get what I would like and share it (pending stuff doesn't get shut down again).

Evidently I'm obsessed with neons right now:

IMG_20210728_132323_702.jpg20210728_140248.jpg

@CookieGirl1  Can never go wrong with neon in the summer 

@CookieGirl1, neons are a nice obsession to have - what a fun color for summer.

@CookieGirl1 That is an amazing color! You rock it!

@CookieGirl1 

Ahhhhh, that is fantastically bright! 😎💚

Hey, y'all!  I decided it was time to update the main post for this thread.  I replaced the pic of my early attempt at nail art with the latest nails my daughter and I got done at the salon.  💗💗💗

@Tamara76 

Ah yay, it's great to see you 'round these parts again! And I love the swirly nails! ❣️

Thank you!  Abstract nails are so much fun - I may try to do some at home soon - we'll see!💗

@Tamara76 

I've been considering some sort of swirls/splotches/blobs myself recently...perhaps we both should soon! 

I present the Four Day Manicure 🤣

So, while I have decided that orange isn't a bad color after all, and have enjoyed the several oranges I've picked up over the last two years after turning my nose up at it for the previous 43, highlighter neon orange still just isn't my jam. I thought the purple might tone it down for me, but no, all it did was make me sad I "wasted" that gorgeous purple on a mani I wasn't thrilled with 😋 After doing that last one on Thursday, I took it off Friday and attempted to start this one. I got my base colors down, but ran out of time for the gradients, and figured I'd finish up Saturday. But alas, life was not so lenient...I had to redo 7 out of 10 Sat night after I caught a sudden bug to wash my cars (leaving me not enough time for the art, sigh, and breaking a nail in the process) and Sunday night, I was too tired from yard work to mess with them. Thankfully today has been quiet, and I finally got to finish them up!

IMG_20210726_171218173.jpg

Tried a vertical gradient for the first time

IMG_20210726_171246489.jpg

I wish the orange showed up better...my ring finger has quite a bit more oomph to it IRL.

Morgan Taylor Get Sporty With It:

Hard to describe, sort of a washed out neon red with a touch of coral. Super bright, super fun. Apparently this is from a really old collection, as it doesn't have the MT brush I know and adore...it's more like OPI's, flat but not very wide, and with a flat end instead of curved. Somewhat sheer, a touch streaky, required three coats for mostly-full opacity (though I think a better brush might have helped this one).

Morgan Taylor I'm Brighter Than You:

Very bright peach shade, nearly neon maybe, but in a creamy/sherbet way, not highlighter scary lol. As always, my phone just won't pick up bright orange tones well... it's much brighter IRL. This one wanted to get streaky, and took three coats. My first true disappointment with the formula of an MT polish, though I think I dated this one back to something like 2014 or 2015, so perhaps they improved their formula at some point after this collection.

Morgan Taylor Ahead of the Game:

Soft yellow cream with some pearly shimmer in the bottle, but the shimmer is negligible on the nail. Typical yellow behavior...while I was hoping for better since I adore MT, I wasn't surprised when it was fussy. From the same collection as the red with the smaller brush. Three coats. 

Overall I'm super happy with how this turned out, even if it was a bit of an ordeal to get here. I love these three together 😍

ETA:

Ahhhh, forgot to try the white background to amp up the orange a bit. It worked, though I think it skewed the red a bit closer to orange as well, instead of the bright pinky/coral red it is IRL, oops. A couple of new shots in the spoiler!

Spoiler

IMG_20210726_184607822.jpg

IMG_20210726_184547781.jpg

@RGbrown  So pretty!!! Too bad you had to redo some and broke a nail 

Thank you @ather! ❣️

@RGbrown Oh I love this so much!

@Samtian 

Thanks so much! ❤️🧡💛