Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@Tamara76 

Thanks so much! 💕

Absolutely gorgeous @RGbrown! 😍 Your mani here is making me want to at least look at my orange polishes. The vertical gradient is beautiful. I have on my list for the summer, to make an attempt at a gradient. Have the colors set aside but haven't made a move toward them yet. I imagine the vertical one is harder to do, yes?

@itsfi 

Nah, I wouldn't say harder...it's really just a matter of which way you put the stripes of polish on the sponge. With only two shades, making sure I didn't bounce around too much to wind up with my middle completely off center was a bit of a concern, but still a fairly minor issue. 

@RGbrown  Wow, you did a fantastic job. I love that! 

@PrettyPaint 

Thanks so much! ❣️

@RGbrown @Very pretty shades that are complimentary. 

Thank you @tjffc! ❣️

@RGbrown Wow! This is stunning! Your mani skills are awesome!!!

@lnum 

Aw shucks, thank you! Gradients are definitely not that hard though...if I can do it, anyone can! You just need a damp sponge (like cheapie makeup wedges), and some liquid latex is a nice addition to help minimize cleanup. 

@RGbrown @This is gorgeous 😍

@SportyGirly125 

Thanks so much! 💖

@RGbrown that looks great!

Thank you @CookieGirl1💞

50B3F67C-F6A4-4244-A1CF-0C36AB66191F.jpeg

Zoya Pixiedust in Destiny and Nails Inc Shaftesbury Lane. NAILS INC. Relationship Status: Proud Nail Polish Set was a bit of a disappointment, the colors are streaky and hard to work with, so I am unlikely to purchase more colors from them in the future and will stick with Essie for my creams. 

Oh wow - Thanks for the honest review, @lnum !  Sorry this polish disappointed!

@Tamara76 Such a shame because I really love all the colors in the set!

@lnum, love the Zoya Pixi polishes! Like you, I've been disappointed with the Nails Inc creams. The red is a pretty shade, but their formulation can be difficult to work with.

@itsfi Nice to know it’s not just me because the reviews were really good and I was surprised how difficult they indeed are to work with. 

@lnum, I completely understand feeing better about knowing others feel the same way. Their metallic polishes seem to apply and wear better. The creams for me though are challenging - they streak more than I expected and at least the colors I have, the formula is either too goopy or too runny/thin. I do have pastels so I thought maybe that was it, but it seems like it might just be the formula. 

@itsfi Yes, that’s exactly it, I found the formula to be goopy and sticky. It sticks to the brush with each stroke which makes it impossible to even out on the nail bed. Mine also chipped after just two days and after that it started peeling off on the edges to the point where I could peel it off in large chunks completely. I put on more topcoat this time to see if I could prevent that particular problem and it seems to have helped. However, the third issue I experienced is a strange discoloration on my toenail polish after about a week whereas usually I can go two weeks easily for my toes. So overall, the polish failed on so many levels. 

@lnum  That Pixiedust is soooo pretty! ❤️

testing