Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi 

Nope, not really! My ex was though, so I always root for them to do ok, as long as they aren't playing Auburn 😅 I'm not a big sports fan either way though. 

@RGbrown, if nail art were a sport, you'd take the gold! Deservedly so! 🙌🏅🥇

Photo credit: Chung Sung-Jun/Getty via Business InsiderPhoto credit: Chung Sung-Jun/Getty via Business Insider

@itsfi 

Ummm, not even close. Have you seen nails on IG? 🤣 I wouldn't even make it to qualifiers for the team 🤣

@RGbrown, I stand by my previous post! 

B23C65FA-6B4B-4A7D-A44A-074F2ACA2176.jpeg

@itsfi 

You are too sweet 💖

Enchanted Polish is closing up shop 😥

Free shipping on all US orders, use code THANKYOU for 20% off 2 or more polishes

credit to -gypsea on reddit for the info

Screenshot_20210721-180819.png

Zoya Amal - a gorgeous matte-velvet classic red with red flakies. I received this as a gift and was trying to do a mani with it that would showcase its beauty. I couldn't quite perfect what I was aiming for but will keep working on it. In the meantime, this'll do. Amal applied beautifully - this was an easy 2 coats. 😍

OPI My Vampire is Buff, on the other hand, presented some challenges. Streaky and a little goopy (may be time to say adieu to the bottle), it took 3 careful coats - 4 on the left pinky - to get this warm-ish vanilla cream color to cooperate. I had a hard time drawing the lines with it so I ended up using OPI Alpine Snow instead.

Saw this pattern and decided to give it a try.Saw this pattern and decided to give it a try.

@itsfi  Oh, I really love this! You must have a steady hand! 

@PrettyPaint and a lot of time. 😂 Some of these took forever. Lol. Thank you!

I love this red idea @itsfi.  So cool! You are very precise. I can’t imagine! 

Thank you @Sunnysmom! If I can do it, anybody can. Having time and patience help a lot. 😆

@itsfi  Holy perfect mani!!! You did such an awesome job. 

Awww, thank you @ather! 🤗 It was a nice way to spend a free weekend! 💅🏼 

@itsfi Very cute.

@tjffc, thank you! 😊 The design was simple enough that I couldn’t get too distracted or impatient. 😆 

That turned out great, @itsfi!

@CookieGirl1, thank you. I need to remind myself to allot more time when I’m doing my nails. And to have more patience. 😆 

@itsfi 

Amal is gorgeous!! And I love the stripes...so simple, but what a bold contrast ❣️ I had thought about doing stripes on my current mani, actually, but horizontal never even crossed my mind...it would have been one or two vertical stripes. Will have to file that away for future inspo!

Now that you mention it, I don't have any sort of cream shade, I don't think. I have white, of course, and a super pale grey, maybe a super pale pink, but no cream. Might be a new rabbithole, sigh 🤭

@RGbrown, I love Amal! 💖 Thank you, thank you! The Zoya matte-velvets are definitely more my speed when it comes to matte polishes; it never looked too flat on its own. Interestingly, it's easier for me to do horizontal lines free-hand, well, at least on my left hand; it took a while longer and several attempts before I was okay with how it turned out. 

Definitely give cream shades a try. There's a lot of variety out there, with all sorts of undertones. I think I may have at one point left the bottle open on this one because it was thicker than I remember it ever being. 🤔

@itsfi 

Ahhhh, I meant to ask if you had tried thinner in that one? Should help tremendously if it's too thick!

@RGbrown, good idea. 😀 I will give that a try. I don’t remember this color being that thick; it anything it ran on the thin side. 

3 Replies
testing