Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

A little summer skittle for today. I am sad there's no beach ball emoji, as that's what this mani feels like to me 🏖

I had plans to do a little more, maybe some dots or stripes or something at least on the white, but I ran out of time last night, and am feeling a bit uninspired today. Maybe something will come to me while I'm out and about this afternoon.

IMG_20210630_123454657.jpg

From pinky to thumb:

Ulta Mango Tango, CG Summer Moon, Ulta Guava Stay Up All Night, Ulta Lei Back & Hula, Ulta Papaya To Dance

The Ulta shades were all a touch grouchy; I went heavy on the second coat to avoid streaks and it mostly worked. Unsurprisingly, the yellow was the most ornery, but at the same time, I was pleased I was able to get away with just two coats, so all in all, they're not terrible. I did have some minor issues with the polish thickening fairly quickly as well, leading to a few goopy bumps, but topcoat smoothed those spots down admirably. These are all from the LE Trop The Beat collection which is on clearance for $1.88, and I'd say they're a decent buy at that price. Full price though? Nah, I'll probably skip Ulta creams in the future (I've had a few of their shimmers for years and don't recall having any issues with them though).

The white is China Glaze Summer Moon from that Ulta Nail Polish Day gwp a month or two ago. I was also able to get away with two coats by going heavy on the second coat. Coverage isn't perfect, but overall it's not bad (and since my original plan was to cover that one up, I wasn't all that worried about it at the time). 

7/1 ETA:

Updated it a little last night, and I'm super happy with how just a few stripes kicked everything up a notch ❣️

IMG_20210701_153026783.jpg

These are amazing! They look like cape cod 🌊

@SAlyFitz 

Thanks so much! 🏖

@RGbrown Beautiful summer shades,

@tjffc 

Thanks so much! 💖

Summer skittle mani is so cool @RGbrown! 😎 Loooove the addition of the stripes - it made the fun mani even better and tied it all together! You have such a great eye for nail combinations, art and layout. 😍

A beach ball emoji would be perfect! This'll have to do for now:

beach ball.gif

@itsfi 

Oh yay, beach ball!! ❣️ Thanks so much! 

@RGbrown  I love the white with the stripes!!

Thank you @ather! ❣️

@RGbrown OOOOOOOOOHHH I LOVE THIS!!!

@Samtian 

Thanks so much!! ❣️

I don't know that I've actually posted a nails pic before, but here goes.  My nails haven't been in that great of shape due to excessive hand washing. 

This is Glisten & Glow's "Pink In the City."  I wanted to do something bright for summer.

pink in the city.jpg

This is An amazing mani!!! Love the color!

@PrettyPaint  These are perfect for summertime 

@ather  Thanks so much! 🙂

@PrettyPaint Love the sparkly pink. 

@tjffc  Awwww thank you! ❤️

Yes @PrettyPaint! Summer is here and you are all set for it with this bright and sparkly pink! 😍  Yay for posting to the thread too! First post but not the last, right? 🤞😁

Thanks so much @itsfi. I feel like I'm really bad a taking nail photos, but I shall try. I painted my nails today, but totally messed them up. I thought they were dry, but the tips got messed up several hours afterwards...no idea why.

@PrettyPaint 

Ahhhhh, that's a gorgeous color! 😍 Definitely perfect for summer 🏖️ Happy to see a new face (errr, hand) here 🥰

@RGbrown  Thank you so very much. I always manage to find some fun ones from Polish Pickup.

testing