Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Wow @SAlyFitz! Both your mani's are fabulous! Your stamping work is great and oh my goodness, that orange creamsicle ombre + glitter mani is .... stunning! 😍 Love the nail shape too on that one.

@SAlyFitz  Wow, that ombré is so cool. I don't have the skills for that.

Thanks!! Tutorials for everything lol and you are creative, you’d get it!

@SAlyFitz 

I love them both, but I especially like the ombré on the orange set! 💖🧡

Thanks! Ombré is way diff w these mail products lol also I remember you saying you didn’t want the commitment of keeping them on for so long but I came here to be an enabling friend and say there’s a thing called peel base to change manis more often lol

@SAlyFitz 

Hahahaha thanks! 🤣 Dip still doesn't interest me much, but I am toying with the idea of getting a builder gel and using it as a base for my weakest nails at least, and perhaps all of them if it holds up better than Zoya GelieCure. 

I would have loved to play with some pics of this one in the sun, but alas, 'tis raining 🌧

My camera pulls this one a touch closer to pure yellow than it is; IRL, it's got just a smattering of orange thrown in, making it what I first thought was that perfect Crayola yellow-orange crayon. Once I got a couple of nails done though, all I could see is Kraft Mac & Cheese, and now I'm constantly hungry 🤭

Orly Summer Sunset

I googled this one last night, curious to see how old it was (2016) and to see what swatchers said about it. Most of them said it only took them two coats, though one or two noted it need some touchups after two, and indeed, it took me three.

IMG_20210619_133416174.jpg

Random side note:

I wear Zoya Gelie Cure on two fingers on my other hand for a little extra thickness; those two are a bit weaker than the rest of my nails, even with my cuticle oil routine, and I have a hard time growing them out. I have been very pleased with the GC, as it helps me get them a bit longer than I can without it. BUT! Some glitter/shimmer polishes cause it to wrinkle/bubble up 😭 Just some though (my last one didn't, and it was every bit as shimmery as this one)...I haven't figured out exactly what the difference is in ones that do vs ones that don't, but it's super frustrating. In any case, it's just a tiny peek into why I might change a manicure out within a day or two, even if I really really like it (like this one).

IMG_20210619_133011491_HDR.jpg

I call 'em my parasite nails 😐

@RGbrown  Interesting it wrinkled. I believe there is another gel polish that doesn’t use a light to cure. I use actual gel on my nails to help keep my mani and pedis lasting long. That way if I choose to change it I can or if I want it to last longer it usually will let me 4 weeks. (I usually change it before then tho!) 

@ather 

The gel removal process is what keeps me from wearing it anywhere other than these two nails...even though GC is a bit quicker to remove than many other gels, it still takes longer than I like, especially when I'm doing my nails twice a week or so! 

If something doesn't need a light, it isn't actually gel...it's just regular polish with a confusing name 😋

@RGbrown  Oh that’s good to know. I always wondered about them. Yea the removal process is quite lengthy. Hopefully they will come back fast!!!

@RGbrown, now I'm thinking about Mac & Cheese too. 😂 The polish is a pretty yellow / yellow-orange color.

I saw the thumbnail with the wrinkling / bubbling up and thought "what kind of nail art has RGBrown been experimenting with?" That's interesting about the possible reaction of glitter / sparkly polish and the Zoya Gelie Cure. That aside, the Gelie Cure sounds like something I need to look into.  

@itsfi 

GelieCure has been really nice as a base layer on my weaker nails...it does a decent job of building a little thickness while remaining flexible, and is easy to remove when it gets too worn. I can usually get 2-3 polish changes out of it before having to redo it. But this whole glitter-might-ruin-it thing is starting to get to me...for a while, I just avoided all glitters on those two nails, but I got annoyed with having to coordinate a cream with every mani. 

Meanwhile, for my current mani, I've got the blue and green on those two nails (aka glitter bombs), and neither one wrinkled. Which kinda just serves to make the problem more frustrating, as it's truly a case of "I'll never know if I don't try it". 

I am debating moving up to builder gel at some point. On top of the GelieCure annoyance, I've got three nails currently held together with teabag patches, and I think builder gel might do a better job at holding them together (and maybe keeping them stronger to stop some of these breaks in the first place...most of them started as tiny hairline fractures about halfway down the bed that oh so gradually get bigger as they grow out). But I'm also worried about a more difficult removal with that, so I'm sitting on it for now. Perhaps soon though...

Zoya new release available now!

Screenshot_20210616-160129.png

Screenshot_20210616-160150.png

image.jpg

@brandiwaschau 

I wish I could handle nails that long; yours are stunning! 💕

you could do it! thank you 😃😃

@brandiwaschau 

I've got scars on my chin and one eyelid from stabbing myself with nails around my current length. I'd be downright dangerous to myself and others if I had mine that long 🤭

@brandiwaschau  Very pretty!

thank you 🥰

Went with a bright color this time 

1C7FF503-40F5-4F9D-A0BD-75B042F18191.jpeg

@AznAngelLiz I love that!

testing