Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown  Oh that’s good to know. I always wondered about them. Yea the removal process is quite lengthy. Hopefully they will come back fast!!!

@RGbrown, now I'm thinking about Mac & Cheese too. 😂 The polish is a pretty yellow / yellow-orange color.

I saw the thumbnail with the wrinkling / bubbling up and thought "what kind of nail art has RGBrown been experimenting with?" That's interesting about the possible reaction of glitter / sparkly polish and the Zoya Gelie Cure. That aside, the Gelie Cure sounds like something I need to look into.  

@itsfi 

GelieCure has been really nice as a base layer on my weaker nails...it does a decent job of building a little thickness while remaining flexible, and is easy to remove when it gets too worn. I can usually get 2-3 polish changes out of it before having to redo it. But this whole glitter-might-ruin-it thing is starting to get to me...for a while, I just avoided all glitters on those two nails, but I got annoyed with having to coordinate a cream with every mani. 

Meanwhile, for my current mani, I've got the blue and green on those two nails (aka glitter bombs), and neither one wrinkled. Which kinda just serves to make the problem more frustrating, as it's truly a case of "I'll never know if I don't try it". 

I am debating moving up to builder gel at some point. On top of the GelieCure annoyance, I've got three nails currently held together with teabag patches, and I think builder gel might do a better job at holding them together (and maybe keeping them stronger to stop some of these breaks in the first place...most of them started as tiny hairline fractures about halfway down the bed that oh so gradually get bigger as they grow out). But I'm also worried about a more difficult removal with that, so I'm sitting on it for now. Perhaps soon though...

Zoya new release available now!

Screenshot_20210616-160129.png

Screenshot_20210616-160150.png

image.jpg

@brandiwaschau 

I wish I could handle nails that long; yours are stunning! 💕

you could do it! thank you 😃😃

@brandiwaschau 

I've got scars on my chin and one eyelid from stabbing myself with nails around my current length. I'd be downright dangerous to myself and others if I had mine that long 🤭

@brandiwaschau  Very pretty!

thank you 🥰

Went with a bright color this time 

1C7FF503-40F5-4F9D-A0BD-75B042F18191.jpeg

@AznAngelLiz I love that!

@AznAngelLiz  I love the bright pink!!!!

@AznAngelLiz 

Hot pink is always an excellent choice for summer, and I love the accent! 😍

Even with the fun topper, yesterday's mani felt too dark for what I wanted, so I went brighter 💖

Atomic Polish The Ashen Sun

Ahhhhh, what a gorgeous shade! It shifts from hot pink to orange, and I can even catch a bit of gold with just the right lighting and angle. Lotsa pics of this one coming up 😍

Watermark_1623523404698.png

Picking up just the hot pink was surprisingly tough, as the orange in this one is strong

Watermark_1623523440356.png

This is pretty close to what I see most of the time, a combo of the pink and orange that makes the glowiest coral shade around

Watermark_1623523527976.png

Love that hot hot orange with a touch of gold 🧡

But wait! That's not all! 😅

I decided to play with tonal shades again, and did some subtle stamping in red on top ❣️

Stamping done with Ciate Sn@tch

Watermark_1623523340242.png

Watermark_1623523642105.png

@RGbrown, I’m going gaga over this stunner! ♥️ With that gorgeous shift, it is summertime perfection! 😍 

I’m both amused and baffled that you can’t write out the entire name of the Ciate polish without triggering the bad word warning. I didn’t realize sn*tch was a potty mouth word until this thread. 😲🤔😆 

@itsfi 

This one definitely makes my list of all time faves 💖

It cracks me up every time I try to use the word sn@tch; while it's a bit crude as a slang term, I didn't think it was anywhere near common enough to make a no-no list, especially nowadays. Seems like it was somewhat more common when I was much younger...or else I'm just not hip to today's slang anymore 😅

@RGbrown  And I didn’t think they could get any better!! 

@ather 

I normally hate covering up special shades like this with stamping, but I think keeping it subtle added another layer of interest for me, without taking away from the glow of the base color. I can't stop looking at them 💖

@RGbrown  I am in love with this. Lovely stamping. 

@PrettyPaint 

Thanks so much! 💖

1 Reply
testing