Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Rainbow series, part 8, sparkle!

This is Sword That Seals The Darkness by Night Owl Lacquer. It's a silver shade that has this ethereal aqua shift in lower lights that is simply stunning. It's also loaded with iridescent flakies that I wish I could pick up better on camera. It's fairly sheer, so it took three coats, but it wasn't fussy about it.

Watermark_1621625184355.png

indirect light picks up some of the blue shift

Watermark_1621625141855.png

bright sun for the blinding glare 😎

@RGbrown  I bet these would be more blinding in person 

@ather 

They were truly bright; thank you! 

@RGbrown, THIS!!!! Just gorgeous! 🤩 The “blinding glare” is awesome!! 😎 

@itsfi 

I was seriously impressed with this one! All of the swatch shots just looked mostly silver, with the occasional slightest hint of aqua around the edges, but the description called it out as having a "glowing green/aqua/blue shift", so I mostly ordered it out of curiosity. It was simply gorgeous in lower lights, and I was sad that I wasn't able to pick up much of the shift either, but not surprised that my abilities at that weren't any better than those of professional swatchers lol. I'll definitely be checking out the brand's other offerings in the future, as I've always been pleasantly surprised by the ones I've picked up to date!

Oh yes @RGbrown!!! I have one, maybe 2?, polishes from Night Owl Lacquer and they're really great! There's a lot of pretty shifts and sparkles to this one. 

@RGbrown Oh wow! Was this limited edition?

@Samtian 

It was indeed, sadly; I got it from the April HellaHandmadeCreations offerings. But, I recently found out that HHC is holding overstock for 6 months, then relisting any excess, so there's a small chance a few may show up at October's event, if they happen to have extras of this one!

@RGbrown Boo lol. I had ran over to their website to find it. But I did find other cool looking shades.

@Samtian 

I've picked up three of their polishes now from various HHC/PPU events, and while I've never found a brand I didn't like, I have to say that Night Owl always seems to have a little extra oomph in their polishes that makes them just a bit more special. I was actually on the fence about ordering this one (I certainly didn't need another silver lol), but it was well worth it, as it's not "just another silver" after all. I'm am always pleasantly surprised by how vivid their polishes are IRL when compared to swatch photos, and would highly recommend the brand! 💕

@RGbrown That is really good to know, thank you!

@RGbrown Very nice!

Thank you @tjffc!

0DE6C6B2-AF3A-4C5A-9334-FA42AA0B7ACF.jpeg

We used OPI Gel laquer in “bubble bath” and Opi white gel polish to get this look 🥰🤍

Wow @jksarellano! Pretty design! 

@jksarellano Gorgeous!

@jksarellano 

So lovely! I love the unique shaping of the white tip! ❣️

@jksarellano  Beautiful look!

Rainbow, part 7, pink! 💕

This is Girly Bits What Happens In Vegas...Ends Up On Instagram, a hot hot pink holo sparkle bomb 😍 Two coats, easy peasy!

IMG_20210519_132228679.jpg

@RGbrown Love the sparkly pink.

@tjffc 

Thanks so much! 💕

testing