Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

That yellow is seriously impressive, @RGbrown!

@CookieGirl1 

It is definitely a fun shade! 😎

RE: Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Wow!! Those look so awesome @RGbrown

Re: RE: Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@KehDee 

Thanks so much! 😎

@RGbrown  These are my fav!! Love neon!!

@ather 

Thanks so much! 💚🧡💛

@RGbrown Daaaaang!  Those are FABULOUS!!!!  How many coats did you use?  

@CookieGirl1 

It only took two coats for these! No white base was needed either ❣️

@RGbrown [Jaw drops open] Oh wow.  Just...wow.  

@CookieGirl1 

Yup, I was pretty impressed too. Neons aren't a huge part of my collection at all, but I've got a set of Formula X ones that were still sheer-ish after 4 coats, even with a white base, so this was a nice change of pace! 

I love the colors together, @RGbrown!

@curlychiquita 

Thanks so much! ❤️

@RGbrown  OOoooo I am loving it. Such fun colors, and total mood brightner

@Anastasiya13 

Thanks so much! ❣️🕶

@RGbrown  Love them! Totally rad. Also, your nails look great! I wish I could get mine to be that exact shape and length! 🙂 Let me know if you have any magical tips to share. My nails are an absolute mess right now. Usually they are starting to look decent right about now after the cold months, but I think all the extra COVID-related clorox/lysol/sanitizer has done a number on them. 

@PrettyPaint 

Last fall, I ditched hardeners/strengtheners and started using cuticle oil daily, and I continue to be shocked at what a difference it has made. I hadn't been able to get them much past my fingertips in years, and now I'm filing length to keep them from getting too long. Keeping them moisturized helps keep them flexible instead of brittle.  

I also try and be very mindful of them, using a box cutter more often for packages instead of trying to open with my nails, using a knuckle to hook a drawer pull instead of my fingertips, etc. 

Thanks @RGbrown. I wonder if I should stop the nail hardeners. I had been using that nailtiques stuff that everyone loves. It seemed to be helping at first, but my nails are doing something really strange where they are peeing at the sides. Is there a specific cuticle oil that you like? 

@PrettyPaint  I agree with @RGbrown  when I started using cuticle oil every night I noticed a huge difference in my nail growth!! 

Oh, yay! @ather. I'm really trying to be diligent about remembering to apply the cuticle oil every night. Fingers crossed.

@PrettyPaint  I keep mine on my bedside table so I apply it right before I go to sleep!! 

@PrettyPaint 

Cristine/simplynailogical has a great video titled something like "how to grow nails fast" that I highly recommend...that was my inspiration last fall. For me, I was at a point where I was starting to spiral through hardener after hardener; I'd like one for a month or so and then be right back at the same place with all my nails breaking again. Stopping them completely per Cristine's advice was truly a last ditch action. 

For cuticle oil, I priced out a few on the market (what Ulta had lol), and decided to make my own. I picked up 4oz of jojoba from Ulta ($12), 1oz of pure vitamin E from Amazon ($12), and some nail oil pens ($8ish for 5 iirc, also Amazon) and made my own. I also grabbed some essential oils from Ulta for scent (totally optional). $30ish as a base cost

for 5oz of final product (and the pens are reusable, there's a good YouTube video showing how to take them apart for cleaning and refilling) was simply too much of a good value for me to pass up. 

If you want to buy premade stuff, look for jojoba and vitamin E as top ingredients. The best one I saw at Ulta looked to be CND Solar Oil. 

I did still have to go through a time where the weakest parts of my nails grew out. If spots were already peeling, they weren't magically fixed with the oil. But, as they grew, peeling spots were less likely to peel further back, and most all of my nails are peel-free now. Two on my left hand are grumpy beasts that are still weaker and peel a bit, but nowhere near as badly as in the past. 

testing